• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ ddos attack

darknelson

Solutions
Reaction score
my server is suffering against ddos attacks, my ip changes, and my ot falls down, my internet entire fall down, what can i do? please help me

It is hard nowadays to protect your home connection from attacks, you have to get a host (vps or dedicated server) with ddos protection.
Anti-DDOS Guardian can't do much.

yeah the only trouble is vps is not free, so i cant pay one
Post automatically merged:

im checking this router

it has:

• Firewall
    Forbid UDP flood attack
    Forbid TCP flood attack
    Forbid flood attack
    Forbid WAN PING from internet

thats will protect my server from attacks?

Last edited:
Because I cant bro what? Do you know abot what I can or simething u know my económic situation? O sorry mr rich 5-10 euro for me is alot even in my country money is double
But you'd buy a router, which effectively costs the same as around 6+ months of hosting?

im checking this router
It won't help. You first have to characterize the DoS attack to set up the correct defenses in your system. Is it a transport level exploit? Application layer? (Probably application layer, you said it stops as soon as you shutdown your apache service) I recommend that you read about SYN cookies, TCP proxies, slow loris attack, ping flood, etc. and basic DoS protection for Apache. No specialized hardware is required for a home-level OT server, basic cybersecurity is enough.

Last edited:
It won't help. You first have to characterize the DoS attack to set up the correct defenses in your system. Is it a transport level exploit? Application layer? (Probably application layer, you said it stops as soon as you shutdown your apache service) I recommend that you read about SYN cookies, TCP proxies, slow loris attack, ping flood, etc. and basic DoS protection for Apache. No specialized hardware is required for a home-level OT server, basic cybersecurity is enough.
it was not the webpage cause i installed the mod security for apache, and still getting attacked with ddos, is because my router actual is so bad, bro

it was not the webpage cause i installed the mod security for apache, and still getting attacked with ddos, is because my router actual is so bad, bro
Why do I bother? You clearly ignored what I told you in my previous post. The "mod_security" won't help you against every DoS attacks. You just didn't do the research. I'm guessing the right module for you is: "mod_evasive". (Or "mod_security" if you are suffering from a slow loris type of attack. Who knows? You just didn't do your part)

I don't think you really understand what a DDOS attack is.

You are never going to be able to prevent or mitigate an attack from a home internet connection. You just wont.

Even if you COULD. Your ISP is going to null route you before the condition gets bad. Which is also what most hosting providers will juts do.

Even services that label themselves as "DDOS Protection" rarely are an effective solution to a real DDOS attack.

solved i buy new modem the modem of the url i send, and thats has ddos protection, my modem from the public company was totally crap. Probed. xD

so i installed the new router and anti ddos guardian, thats was the end of the attacks, now my server run fine, as expected closed

solved i buy new modem the modem of the url i send, and thats has ddos protection, my modem from the public company was totally crap. Probed. xD

so i installed the new router and anti ddos guardian, thats was the end of the attacks, now my server run fine, as expected closed

If only OVH knew about this router, they wouldn't have to include their 15 Tbit/s mitigation network, just pop one of these $89 routers ontop of every server and we'll be ddos-protected!

well thats mind that was not a very strong attack ddos, because they are ddos and DDOS bro. just one computer to ddos one server, becauseu know that is possible right? using loic? that router prevent that, NOT A BOTNET of course.

and was just one guy dossing my server with loic, so that was the solution, or do you really think a botnet would attack a home server of 12 players xD?

if only nasa knews about your Ability to made conclussions, you will be the hope of human kind :D

Doesn't sound like a DOS or DDOS attack in that case, sounds like you might have just had a shitty router.

People greatly misunderstand what a DOS attack is.
Loic is a ddos attack, even if its maded by one client. So the missunderstand is for you. Cause I was talking about ddos attack not about the strenght of it. And if I use Loic to ddos your server with my pc is still, beign a ddos attack, weaker but ddos

Back