• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally did not like how certain people botted bosses all day long. I also did not like the item that saved you from death. Extremely over powered to people who could always make it to the boss and kill it fast. Those are my 2 cents on constructive criticism and I cant wait to play again :D

Nice, I'm really anxious to see more information about the revamping! Systems, vocations, etc...
I hope you can add some more info in the near future.
Farewell.

I might as well try this once again sense you and xagul are working on it :)

Why is the main thread closed? Oh wellz hope this comes out soon cuz i = fkn bored

So i guess it wouldn't be like me to not open my mouth at all, so here we go. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is seen so far ( 3/7/14 )
I think the map updates that are visible (6 currently ) look beautiful.
The new temple design has a good feel to it, like it much more than the old.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things i didn't like 1 year ago in 8.6 Version 1

People botting bosses, if possible, would be really nice to have a way to keep bosses safe from botters without being very annoying.

AFK botting in general, but i know it cant be helped really... nor do you care to. botting while tabbed or something and checking often is ok with me, but while at work all day or sleeping is shitty..

The level restriction placed on Crafting T5 items in first month of server i felt was a bit Rude and restrictive.

World Boss PvP, people who let you help kill 95% of the boss then rape your face, specially when you are required to do said boss 400x to get an item to even move to the next area. i would really hope for the boss zone to be non-pvp zoned. i like the idea of world bosses having value in dropping next zone items, but i feel it to be justified to have it open for all who participate in the event.

Possible Suggestions for future

Passwords - Passwords for everything changed and clue locations relocated would be very nice for V2 of Deathzot.

Bosses

Boss abilities - Refreshed for a fresh new feel, maybe not just tank and spank. Maybe try to make them killable with some skill at the appropriate gear level for the bosses. ( tank and spank when ur gear is beast though. but more fun when your fighting the boss on equal footing)
Example maybe being;
Design Boss health pools for level 200 bosses in mind with people with T1 gear set. Heal per second of the boss to be a killable for T1 set players but no teir and basic weapon. Boss abilities, possible summons a Healer, who needs to be killed quickly, immune to all things but physical hits IE Sword/Bow/Wand (to force u to target it ) has like 99.9% dmg reduc so u do 1 damage per hit reguardless of gear, but takes like 5 hits to kill and if u dont kill it quick it does some very fast heals to the boss. ( just an idea )

Or bosses that use Spells that have detonation areas that give u a few tick warnings and then a nuke boom on said locations that keep u on your toes.

All designed to more or less be fun when the boss is matched with your level and expected gear level, but a faceroll when you are higher geared and just farming.

Boss scrolls - Loved them, always fun. but possible to have maybe even more? i know the low nooby bosses get allot of love, but maybe having some rare chances for some higher ups as well.

Teleport Pad - I loved this in Bitzot, Sure deathzot has its own way with TP items, they can stay, but possibly be able to have a Teleport pad for known locations as well in deathzot would be the shit.

Corpse explosion loot to ground - would be nice if there was a place for this in Deathzot like it is in Bitzot. a few types of creatures that can maybe poof into loot to ground. just a thought

Afk Botting - i know botting is legal, botting is recommended, botting is promoted on here. never going to change, what my desired stance on it from you guys is maybe having a system like "Madnessalive OT" where you get a asshat message that u have to respond to and given xxx amount of time to do so before getting ported out. theirs is a bit annoying and like every 20-30 minutes, but possible a once per hour check would be nice. im sure the crafty people here would find ways around it though.

But possibly have it TP you to a location where TP items cannot be used. but this would required im guessing scripting each TP item to not be aloud to be used under xxx condition, but would be very useful to do so maybe like not in a non-pvp zone, so then you can add these zones to places like " crafting tables " (so people dont toss eggs on the manual players who are crafting and send them flying out... lol ) " Events" ( because we cant have allot of events because TP items ruin it )

idk, i would just like to see the people not botting 24/7 while at work, or sleeping.

Donations - In the start of Deathzot 8.6 V1 donations if i recall werent allowed for the first few days? i would love to see this again as even though i am a donor, i loved the thrill of everyone was on the same page for the kickoff. as well as how everything was expensive as hell at the first month or two, i would really love to see that again as to make it more fair to all, and then have prices come back down over time.

Pay to win right off the bat i feel would also hurt the server a bit

Quests - This is an area i feel could be buffed a little.
Exploration quests there where allot of, was fun to explore
But my idea is that we get Hunting xxx creature quests. whats it called, killing in the name of quests i think?
and maybe even having multiple quest npcs set up to be swapped out weekly or bi-weekly with new refreshed sets of objectives like weekly events. Nothing extreme so u have to bot 5 hours per sections to finish, but something enjoyable with the rewards being small and ramping up as u get past multiple challenges to the final end reward which would require (depending on the week ) a higher or higher gear set than most other challenges.

Possible example
1- Kill 250 lvl 100 creatures -- Rewards - 50 million exp in candies
2- Kill 300 lvl 200 creatures -- Rewards - 10 candy canes
3- kill 350 lvl 300 creatures -- Rewards - T1 item
4- kill 400 lvl 400 creatures -- Rewards - 150 million exp in candies
5- kill 450 lvl 500 creatures -- Rewards - 2 T1 items
6- kill 500 lvl 650 creatures -- Rewards - 20 candy canes
7- kill 550 lvl 800 creatures -- Rewards - 3 boss maps
8- kill 600 lvl 1000 creatures -- Rewards - 1 donation point (note by this point u have killed 3000+ creatures)
9- kill 650 lvl 1500 creatures -- Rewards - 24 hour Premium Voucher
10- kill 700 lvl 2000 creatures -- Rewards - 100 runic star stones
11- kill 750 lvl 3000 creatures -- Rewards - 75 candy canes
12- kill 800 lvl 40000 creatures -- Rewards - 1 T2 item
13- kill 850 lvl 5000 creatures -- Rewards - Higher level boss map
14- kill 900 lvl 6000 creatures -- Rewards - Enchantment Gem
15- kill 950 lvl 7000 creatures -- Rewards - 2 donation points
16- kill 1000 lvl 8000 creatures -- Rewards - 3 donation points
17- kill 1000 lvl 9000 creatures -- Rewards - 4 donation points
18- kill 1500 lvl 10000 creatures -- Rewards - 5 donation points
19- kill 2000 lvl 10000 creatures -- Rewards - 5 donation points
20- kill 3000 lvl 10000 creatures -- Rewards - 5 donation points

Note that the donation points rewards are like pocket change when you get to that point, and only to get to that point do you have to finish ALLLLL the ones before them. but this was just the basic idea.

Teir Quality Proc - dont know if its even possible to do, But have it so that when looting or Merging, the possibility to make Teir items with some varying stats. IE- Normal, Rare, Epic, legendary versions of every teir, where the Highest level of 1 teir, is still a bit weaker than the Basic level of the next teir.

The Fun factor when using T3 items and then making more t3 items till you get enough for T4 while all the time wishing you get a good proc and get a half upgrade to what your currently using so u feel accomplished while waiting for the Teir level upgrade. and think of the economy, Selling and trading a Legendary T4 armor for 2 regular t4 items. Good values in higher quality items.

More Crafting Stations hopefully, i believe this was begged for for so long back in the day...

Events - Zombies but with deathzot twist maybe... aka, Night terror zombie event.. lol
Packman - is pretty fun on bitzot
dodge ball - still pretty fun again

im a little dry on the event world and what new has come around, but all these events wouldnt be possible without the ability to limit TP Items with what i previously suggested, Cannot use in "no-pvp" zones and set all events to this and other locations.

But thats my Wall of text list from 1:30am this morning... my brain is rather fried and im sure allot of it is just random words that make no sense as usual. granted im sure the level of hate i get and lack of reading will be high as usual too. but i felt the desire to write it, thus i did.

Would be cool like Obamanizer said that passwords/bosslocations/clues change place and are hidden very well again so people need to explore again :) Some new cool quests would be cool aswell! but i really liked deathzot 8.6 and i can't wait for it to open again especially with the very talented team u gathered!

Good luck

1. : Im aware of the fact that you will not allow donations for the first days/weeks. (this is so fking awesome cause we know the server can potentially turn out into a PTW server if theres donations from day one people buy t5 set and candys to get 6k )
I Think you should raise donation items prices. They were high. but people kept donating for litterly everything they wanted. I am not having that much spare cash and I wont be able to keep up with 1. place guys at the day donations come out I allways dropped Heavily.
there is no jojo effect in this, if people donate in the beginning the result is that they controll the Bosses and get all the tier Items and keep getting further and further ahead. (see renegade in the beginning )
2.The fact that people can get deleted ouf of a server by players is harsh. You cant do anything about it tho and thats pretty sad. I personally loved obamanizer. He was a nice guy did his own business and never actually harmed me in any way and he got taken a shit on by about 15 people from the server which shared frags to not let him get ANY levels. this shit psised me off cause I knew I could be the next one. And I thought about this for many hours to be honest, I dont find a solution. If people wanna go pvp they die up to 10-15 times in a long war. so setting a pvp limit deaths of 30~ would end up capping server wars for peopel that play squishy vocations.
3,: The crafting stones. People had dosen of bps full of 100 stacks from these things. Make them right click able so you dont need the crafter table to turn them to tier items?
4.: remove pets.
5.: A huge thank you to everyone who is involved(specially synthetic) for creating this amazing server

peace out :)

and some more potential idea suggestions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!info Name - Command like i seen some other places, Xagul has it on his 8.6 chaos and it allows u to see the full gear set of the other person, would be really nice to have that in Deathzot, and if possible, maybe even a deathlist attached to it for last 5 deaths or something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Speeds - it would be cool if maybe all characters had Base speed. and Speed was acquired on Teir EQ. just a thought

Money - would be really cool if money was highly valued even more in Deathzot V2 and having a large list of possibilities for what u could spend it on. Possible suggestions being;
Buying stat boost to your character permanently;

Speed - Ability to buy Run speed up to 10x

Magic Power - Ability to buy magic power up to 100x, maybe in increments of like 1%. ( this would be something that would be expected of most 10ks to be capped on, but not very likely to cap before 5k as the cost would be high )

Deathloss - Buy a bonus to EXP loss when death happens to reduce it maybe by 1% with max being 2 times

Melee/distance skills - Ability to buy +1 skill on your character up to 100x

Exp Bonus - Ability to buy a permanent buff to your characters exp gain by 5% maybe up to 5x (if this is even possible)

Attack Speed - +1% attack speed up to 10x ( +10% attack speed i dont think would really be OP before anyone says it, even on a ninja. at best be like 1 extra hit per second )

Then being able to do !stats Playername to be able to see the Values of what they have buffed themselves with like

Playername
Speed - [ 3/10 ]
Magic power - [ 75/100 ]
Deathloss - [ 0/2]
Melee/Distance - [ 42/100 ]
Exp Bonus - [ 1/5 ]
Attack speed - [ 5/10 ]

Boss Drop Addons - have All Addons be something that u can only get from boss drops/quests/ or rare creature drops.

Addons all have Bonuses to them, have them be something not Overpowered but fun to change ur addon for some situations.

Second Promotion - Adding a Second promotion to all vocations for levels 2500+ or something
Cost being high but obtainable with a bonus to magic damage

Just some more random stuff floating around in the head

I need more time to properly respond to everyone's (really good) suggestions, so for now let me just say some things.

1. Candy Canes are being reworked (they are not finalized yet) but they will work something like this: You can only use so many of them per day, and you can only use them up to being 50% of the highest level. For example, if the highest level is level 1000, the maximum level you can get from using candy canes is 500.
2. Donations will be added to the shop as people progress through the server. For example: You will not be able to donate for stuff that has not yet been obtained from legitimate gameplay. Once items are obtained they will slowly be added to the donation shop.
3. Gems are no longer used to upgrade weapons, they will be used to temporarily enchant armors & weapons. There are now 12 tiers of equipment and 12 tiers of weapons. It'll take 3-4 pieces of EQ to upgrade to the next tier (weapons will be the same way).
4. Now when you kill monsters they will drop orbs of bonus experience or loot, and to get the bonus you will need to stand on the orb for a brief moment (the orbs cannot be recognized by elfbot, so players who manually play the game will already have a huge advantage).
5. Boss maps are being added again and will be handled in the same fashion as the orbs, so AFK botters will not be able to take advantage of them.
6. We're designing this server to be heavily economy based - so we're really trying hard to ensure that gold will be valuable. We're going to make it so when you kill someone, they drop gold and experience. The experience you get from killing someone cannot exceed your maximum experience (This will prevent people from feeding levels).
7. We're working to try and accurately reflect your character's strength by using two power levels: Offense/Defense. We're going to factor everything in that gives you damage & offense, this way looking at someones power levels will allow people to understand exactly how strong your character is.

I also updated the vocations on the front page.

Are there skill gonna be donor vocations? Like reaper and Illusionist, Or are yall going to let you choose from all vocations at once.

The biggest thing that bothered me was that if you were 2 tiers higher than a player you could solo them quite easily. If you were 1 tier higher you just needed 1 other to finish them. On top of that there were certain vocations that could become tanky without the same tier but then were incredibly OP when they did get a high tier set. It actually came to the point where Tormented Being could block most of the server and be able to do insane dmg. Making a team of knights incredibly strong and impossible to kill. This did happen with other ppl as well but that is the one person I remember. The PvP was be geared or get solo'd. When honestly we know that ppl have teams of 10+ ppl which means they can just target and wipe anyone.

Are there skill gonna be donor vocations? Like reaper and Illusionist, Or are yall going to let you choose from all vocations at once.
I'm not sure, but I don't think all 12 vocations will be revealed, or released in the beginning of the server. I think it will be too overwhelming with all the new vocations in the beginning, possibly 7~10 of them will be available in the start and we will slowly add more as the game goes on. (This is still undecided so I'm not sure what exactly will happen).

I'm not sure, but I don't think all 12 vocations will be revealed, or released in the beginning of the server. I think it will be too overwhelming with all the new vocations in the beginning, possibly 7~10 of them will be available in the start and we will slowly add more as the game goes on. (This is still undecided so I'm not sure what exactly will happen).
Aight sweet. Can't wait. Looks epic bro.

Wow Obamanizer.

Great points and here are my views on it:

I really liked the passwords from V1 and would also like to see them added to V2,

I think that with the 'loot to ground' concept, there would have to be some sort of scripting so that you can only pick your own loot up, we don't want randomers running up and taking your loot,

Killing in the Name of is really good, I'd like to add to it though and maybe say that if we're trying to get people not to bot, to play manually, maybe there could be small, medium and large missions, e.g. '10- kill 700 lvl 2000 creatures -- Rewards - 100 runic star stones' if you want to do a shorter one then you could kill 1000 monsters and only get maybe 40 star stones, or a large one, kill 3000 monsters and get 160 star stones. Something along those lines,

Regarding the different values of tiered items, the legendary items being worth two normal items, if you need 3-4 of the previous tier to make the next one so if it was 4 t3s to make a t4, maybe you could do it like 1 legendary t3 and 2 normal t3 to make a t4, but then there wouldn't be as much trading of them.

There was a definite need of more crafting stations,

The player bonuses is a great idea, love it,

I would also like to see the promotion added, but last era I was like level 18k, and if my promotion was at 2500 then I'd have 15.5k levels without a new one, so maybe if the promotion was at like 8k or 10k (that is if the level progression is the same),

As for donations, make it so that if someone has a full t5 set then you can only but t4 items, not t5, so you can always only buy the second best tier acquired.

Thanks.

P.S. Jake, will there be vocations which you can donate for again?

Making the waypoints/scripts for killing in the name of quest is really easy. You can't really consider that a contribution to help manual players. In fact it is almost like asking ppl to mc chars and spam killing in the name of quests. That's all I got to say bout that.

I like the money ideal but I don't like how the high lvls will just go around killing lowers for the money..

Do you know when you can expect the server to go up? 4 Months? maybe, Just so i know when to check back to see how your doing so I can play xD

I need more time to properly respond to everyone's (really good) suggestions, so for now let me just say some things.

6. We're designing this server to be heavily economy based - so we're really trying hard to ensure that gold will be valuable. We're going to make it so when you kill someone, they drop gold and experience. The experience you get from killing someone cannot exceed your maximum experience (This will prevent people from feeding levels).

So instead of trying to correct the douchebaggary that happens its promoted, thats quite rude, Deathzots already known as the spawning ground for some of the OT communities biggest douchebags, lets just promote their behavior more and reward them. awesome.

at the very least i hope you have any sense of respect and decency to leave World boss encounters non-pvp zoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back