• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Debian desktop

Gregor

Reaction score
Hey! I bought yesterday a server with Debian 5.0 Lenny and i just cannot login on it using remote desktop connection on windows xp i get error.
Do i need to install desktop or something? (GNOME or KDE-And please explain how to install)

ps. i can login on it using Putty but there i just can use commands.

I know how to install server and other things but didn't understand the desktop thing.

Thanks a lot :p

As far as i know Debian hasnt got sth like Remote Control. The only way you can connect to Debian is via SSH (Putty). On Ubuntu you can remote control I think...

So how i can put my files on server and see folders and other things.

What about ubuntu804-desktop? its possible to accces from windows XP using remote connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just upload your files to server and then download it by using command. As far as I know theres no any remote desktop for Ubuntu, Debian. But I am not sure/

Back
Top Bottom