• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[DEBIAN] Lost connection to MySQL database?

Kaboo

Reaction score
Hello. Everything was fine with my server (Debian Lenny, TFS 0.4 rev 3777), without crashes in three weeks.
Today at morning a friend told me that no one could login ("Invalid acccount name" error), I've checked the server console using Putty and I could also noticed that when someone logged out, it returned the error: "Cannot save player: "X"". I reopened the server and it worked again.
errormh.jpg

With some research I've found that my server lost connection to MySQL database. It happened to me a year ago and I had to deactivate MySQL strict mode, but it is already deactivated now. What else could cause the connection loss? I have two servers online, and the problem happened only with the first one.

I will be thankful for anything!
Thanks!

Last edited:
find in config.lua
Code:
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
and change it to
Code:
	mysqlReadTimeout = 0
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 0

There will be ~30s lag

Last edited:
find in config.lua
Code:
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
and change it to
Code:
	mysqlReadTimeout = 0
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 0

There will be ~30s lag

Thanks for the tip! Just a question, when the 30s lag is going to happen?

Thanks.

Same time that an error occurs.
Whole error looks like that:
erroryp.jpg

At my server it was about 00.00h... but on some servers it happens randomly.
Same with the lag. On my server its about 30 seconds, but on your it could be 10 or more/less. :)

Back