• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Dedicated.

Paxton

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello, I'm buying a dedicated server, but now I don't know which system to choose, I heard that linux is way better than Windows, and that's what I wish to choose, but which linux? Which will be easy enough at the beggining?

I'm thinking about Virtual Desktop (Ubuntu Desktop 8.04) Is it good choice to host TFS? And what about recompiling for linux? Do I really have to do it? Is there TFS already compiled for linux?

Thanks.

Hello, I'm buying a dedicated server, but now I don't know which system to choose, I heard that linux is way better than Windows, and that's what I wish to choose, but which linux? Which will be easy enough at the beggining?

I'm thinking about Virtual Desktop (Ubuntu Desktop 8.04) Is it good choice to host TFS? And what about recompiling for linux? Do I really have to do it? Is there TFS already compiled for linux?

Thanks.

Do not buy Windows and do not choose Ubuntu Desktop = it's useless in hosting a server.

Do you have any experience with linux at all?

If not, I suggest you to download linux operative system (Ubuntu server edition) and try it out for a while and host a open-tibia server til' you know you can handle it on a dedicated server.

However, Linux is much more cheaper than having windows operative system on dedicated servers, so if you have experience with it, go ahead! :)

Back