• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Delvine - Development Thread

Features that's almost already exist on distros you can download, you cannot say this is unique.
Even I can get a server with these features with NOT alot of work.

Goodluck.

Features that's almost already exist on distros you can download, you cannot say this is unique.

Goodluck.

sure you can, buddy!

Goodluck.
Ehh, I’ve been playing alot of servers and never seen theese kind of features, and yes they are UNIQUE.

Here is some random stuff that pops up into my mind:

- I don't find Port-Hope a great addition, also the entire 7,4 map is of a decent size. You're going to have 600 people playing at all times?
Why not do what TibiaScape wanted to do originally? Use the familiar Thais section, expand on that with the mysteries and locations as is needed.
Keep in mind that a lot of the old tibia was walking for long times. Don't get me wrong, I love how the Tibia map looks, but game-play wise, is it really that good?
  • I don't like the killing in the name off... tasks, but I love mysteriandos. So maybe I am biased. Looking forward to the mysteries.
  • How will you stop botters? Why not throw out runes all together? Throw out everything in the game that is based on "waiting" Let monsters drop consumables or give fury etc.
  • What will you do with the economy? When you have an influx of golden legs, and no sink. What do you think will happen? "We make better items more rare." Okay, still, does this now balance the faucets and sinks?

Something completely new:
  • Remove misses from the game. Sparks are ok, that is 0 damage, but no poofs.
  • Unlock vocations/abilities as the game progresses. The same mindset as a lot of Tibia is based around waiting, so are spells and promotions unlocked with money. Why not make spell scroll quests. Let everyone have paladin melee qualities. And you unlock knight speed.
Or you chose between unlocking the sorc stuff vs knight stuff.
An actual quest that gives skill points as reward instead of waiting.

- Don't make the map to big compared to the amount of players.

Just my random thoughts.

Last edited:

- I don't find Port-Hope a great addition, also the entire 7,4 map is of a decent size. You're going to have 600 people playing at all times?
Why not do what TibiaScape wanted to do originally? Use the familiar Thais section, expand on that with the mysteries and locations as is needed.
Keep in mind that a lot of the old tibia was walking for long times. Don't get me wrong, I love how the Tibia map looks, but game-play wise, is it really that good?
  • I don't like the killing in the name off... tasks, but I love mysteriandos. So maybe I am biased. Looking forward to the mysteries.
  • How will you stop botters? Why not throw out runes all together? Throw out everything in the game that is based on "waiting" Let monsters drop consumables or give fury etc.
  • What will you do with the economy? When you have an influx of golden legs, and no sink. What do you think will happen? "We make better items more rare." Okay, still, does this now balance the faucets and sinks?

• Unlock vocations/abilities as the game progresses. The same mindset as a lot of Tibia is based around waiting, so are spells and promotions unlocked with money. Why not make spell scroll quests. Let everyone have paladin melee qualities. And you unlock knight speed.

Just my random thoughts.

These "misses" (poofs) are damage being reduced by the shield. Even weapons, bow and crossbows have a "def" stat, that's why poofs occur even when you're not wearing a shield. The sparks are when the damage penetrates the shield, but gets reduced to zero or below by your armor. It's ironic how you question so many things but you've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Just my random thoughts.
You should look into "zenith", and OT on discuss at this board. More of a OT for your ideas =)

Delvine looks sick tho, will be there!

We will in a few days open up closed test server. Being a tester on Delvine will mean that you test certain scenarios in-game. It could be trying out certain quests, hunting spots, NPC's or PVP battles.
The reason we will run a beta test is because we want to gather data to further tweak the server to be as good as possible.

If you would like to become one of the testers, feel free to join our group on discord to sign-up.

The offical site: Delvine.Net
Discord Server: Delvine Discord

Delvine is the feeling of killing your first dragon.

Stopped reading there, its like trying to become virgin again, just no.

Even with x3 regen it will be still slow as fuck, please that in consideration.

Making your server slow in an attemp to make it die slower doesn't work, that only empowers the cheaters because no legal people wants to waste its time making runes and they are a top need in this version.

Everything else looks fun good luck.

Agreed with above, but this wont change anything. these guys have been set on making a server like this for way too long ot change their minds now, and people will still play it and whine about "WHY NO HIGHRATES???? PLZ GIV US"
well you absolute apes, since you continue playing these low rates there will never again be a high rate.
stop
playing
the
low
rates
then the owners will realize what the community wants and listen to us because they are forced to when nobody plays their servers and donates money to them.

I don't know why you are crying about low rate servers? If it's a Tibia 7.4 server it has to be low rate to be fun. Tibia 7.4 is best enjoyed from maybe level 50-120 maximum and therefor it should, of course, be low rated. If you want to start the server on a friday, exp during the weekend and reach level 100 that's not even remotely fun. Tibia 7.4 is hard, it's all about that grind and limited resources. If you host a Tibia 7.4 server and you have players that reach level 100 within the first month, you failed as a host. I have been following their development in Discord and it looks very promising and I will definitely start playing there with my friends.

Just because 7.4 is best between 50-120 doesn't mean it has to be 1-3x from level 1 at every single server that opens.
We have evolved to a point where experience stages are possible and even completely custom exp formulas, but why waste time when you can just run a server that you have ran 10 versions before again?

Dude, we have been playing 7.4 for pretty much 10 years now, what about it is hard?
Everyone knows everything at this point, its not hard, its not new, its just simply boring to grind the exact same thing over and over again simply because some people decide that they want a fresh start instead of staying on one server.

There are many many many problems with servers but the biggest one are the owners and the constant slow exp rate these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be fun. I like old Tibia, because it imposes a challenge from the very beginning and focuses on difficult and demanding gameplay. For some time now there has been a mass of (Low-rate) servers based on the old RL Map. But these are mostly servers for the moment. Why? The authors try to forcefully add something unique to their server to make it stand out from others. I'm not saying it's bad, but a lot of developers do it lightly. In my opinion, the creators of such projects make basic mistakes:

- Task System (It definitely increases the speed of experience despite the small multiplier + the prizes are also gold). A lot of people entering the server play with their friends, and from the very beginning they stick together and develop characters together, the person who starts the game alone has no chance to catch up with someone who is playing with someone, because the tasks go much faster and thus much faster they gain experience than others, because the prize usually gives a lot

- Paid services in the Shop (Blue Dijin, Rashid, etc.), completely spoil the economy of the game from the beginning, because a handful of people will buy it, and from the very beginning they get rich faster than others.

- Unlimited ability to buy Pacc and sell it. This is bad because those who can invest in the Store get rich from the very beginning, which gives them a huge advantage. (I personally think that trading Pacc is not bad, but you should limit buying one Pacc per IP to 24 hours so that it doesn't disturb the economy from the start)

- New areas, in my opinion this is the worst case of all? Why? Many creators have their own areas or borrowed from the new Tibia, which completely spoils the game, because these areas are much better, easier and less difficult to respawn monsters than on RL. Example? eg Imperianic, where they have the city of yalahar. To get to, for example, Necro, it is enough to go a little further than the city, without killing anything along the way, and they immediately find themselves on a large necro respawn, where there are definitely more monsters on the spot than on the RL, it's also expensive and resp itself is not demanding at all. In Tibia, 7.4 to get necro you had to plunge into the crypts in ank, or go to Darashia (just there to get there, we have other monsters on the way that will kill us quickly without any preparation. I'm not saying that the new areas are bad, because it's a nice idea to discover something new, but the creators pay little attention to what and some places have potential and consequences.

- The last thing glaring for me is the balance of the character. I was playing on a few 7.4 or 7.7 based servers, but what always irritated me was the wrong formulas (defense and attack). Some things, although they are better in defense, still do not reflect the effect of better defense. And this unfortunate hit chance, where the Paladin is constantly hitting strong hits and hitting almost all the time. This was not the case in old Tibia, obviously bigger skills improved the strength and frequency of hits, but not like on OTS. The hits on RL were different, and I perfectly remember that Paladins with skills close to 100 could hit a player sometimes for 1 Hit points, and sometimes for over 100+, and it was completely random. On OTS, paladins with some better skills have a very small chance of missing, and hits are more or less the same without this difference. And magic characters lose a lot on this, because before they hit a level that gives them the ability to PVP, a paladin is enough to have bolts and uhs, and such MS gets tired of shooting and hitting with SD, where the paladin beats like a fool with bolts and only heals while dealing nice damage.

I do not want to convince anyone of my opinion, maybe some people will disagree with me, but in my opinion these are some of the most important aspects that change an old demanding game into an old and much easier game, taking into account the knowledge of today's players and their experience.

Despite everything, I wish you the best and keep my fingers crossed that this will not be another project for a while ...

Paid services in the Shop (Blue Dijin, Rashid, etc.)
There will only be Premium time in shop, change name, and change gender. Nothing else.
- Unlimited ability to buy Pacc and sell it.
You will be able to sell premium scrolls in-game.
But we are going to put a limit on how many scrolls you can withdraw in-game to prevent people from mass selling.

We are not here gain profit, we’re here to create a fair, replica version and a longlasting server.

Beta will be open this week, join our discord for more information.

Looks super crack when u take 8.0 content and outfits and real tibia spawns instead of making custom content. yuck

We are getting close.

After 8 months of development we can finally announce our first official test server will take place 29th, 18.00 CET

See you there.

1643313868260.png

The offical site: Delvine.Net
Discord Server: Delvine Discord

Back