• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Demoria 8.0 Recruiting!

Gihow

Reaction score
Hello,

If you don't know what Demoria is, take a look here.

Now that you've read that, down to business.

Filled Positions -

Hoster - Me
Primary Mapper - Me
Ideas Manager - Homeless, Vagabond, Truplaya - FULL
Source Coder - Vagabond

Available Positions -

Secondary Mapper - The secondary mapper is in charge of adding detail to the map, and fixing any map errors they may find. This position is VERY important, as a map is useless unless it is well detailed.
**Note that more mappers may be hired, depending on what is needed. At no point will there be more than 3 mappers.
Action Scripter - This job is also very important. The action scripter is in charge of the creation of all action scripts that I can't handle.

NPC Scripter - The NPC coder is in charge of making unique NPC's and functions relating to the above.

Source Coder - This position is not absolutely needed, since almost everything can be done through LUA now. The source coder will have the least amount of work, but the hardest amount. Therefore, the source coder will only be called on from time to time to assist with the server.

Sprite Artist - The sprite artist is in charge of making unique sprites for any item/monster that may need to be created. At the current moment I do not plan on editing the client to add new sprites, but in the future, this position will be needed.

Blue = Staff with a blue color field will be required to start work as soon as possible. They will be required to provide finished work, until the server opens. Once the server is open, they will be first in line for Ingame Staff positions.
Green = Staff with a green color field will be called upon when needed. It is not absolutely necessary for this branch of staff to provide "proof" of work.
Red = Staff with a red color field will be called upon very seldom. Their work will be spaced out further than that of blue staff, and will only need to provide proof of work when asked.
Orange = Staff with an orange color field follow the same guidelines as those of red.

Ingame Staff -

Senior Gamemaster - This is the highest form of a gamemaster. Senior Gamemasters have the duty of making sure other gamemasters are doing their job, and not goofing around. They are also in charge of removing those who cause disturbances in the server. They have all the privileges of the following positions.

Community Manager - The community manager is in charge of handling anything related to the community of the server. They are required to be active in all public chat channels, and take care of issues reported by gamemasters, counselors, and tutors.

Gamemaster - The job of a gamemaster is to find rule breakers and/or disturbances in the community. They are to report to a CM or SGM with these issues.

Counselor - A counselor is required to report problems and issues to a GM or CM. They also answer any questions players may have. They are required to be active in all public channels, and are basically an assistant to the GMs.

Tutors - Tutors are required to be active in help and other public channels. They have the duty of answering questions from players, and helping those who need it.

**Note that color coded staff will be first in line to receive an ingame staff position.

I have forum board opened for staff only, you will receive a PM with the link and required passwords to enter, upon acceptance of application.

<continued in next post>

Last edited by a moderator:
The application process varies depending on the position you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple position, state that you are, and include the additional question in your application form.
All applicants will be required to show at least 2 examples of their work. If you do not have 2 examples, do not bother applying.

If you cannot speak proper English, act mature and professional, and cooperate with other team members, you would be better off not applying.

Application Forms -

Scripters -
Code:
Forum Name (TF, OTF, OTR) - 
Age - 
Amount of time in this field - 
Available working times -
Position applied for -
What is your personal favorite of all the scripts you have created?
Links to scripts you have made (must have 2 separate scripts) -

Mappers -
Code:
Age - 
Available working times -
What is your perspective on RPG mapping (1 - 5, 1 = hate it, 5 = love it) -
Links to images of a map you have created (must have 2 seperate images) -

Source Coder -
Code:
Age - 
What coding languages are you experienced in, and for how long?

Sprite Artist -
Code:
Age - 
Can you create all 4 sprites needed to complete a monster?
Links to sprites you have made (must have 2 separate sprites) -

The following will cause your application to be delayed/denied:

• Failure to include position(s) desired.
  • Failure to fill every question in the form.
  • Failure to include links to examples.

You will be notified via PM when your application has been reviewed and you are accepted. Any questions I may have for you will be included with the PM.

Sincerely,
//Gihow

Last edited:
Forum Name (TF, OTF, OTR) - UnderWar
Age - 16
Amount of time in this field - 6 months =( novate
What coding languages are you experienced in, and for how long?
C++

Underwar, you are applying for source coder?

And Giwhore, I'm Vagabond here. xD

We are still hiring for the above positions, so if you are interested, please apply!

Hey Gihow, ID like to apply for Gamemaster
it says that i have to show 2 examples of my work..well
I have been GM of about 2-3 ots but they were all deleted, they were back when 7.7-7.9 ots were very popular, i forgot the 2 ot names i had but i have been GM recently in one of the umby ots that were made.. umbysnew-war.no-ip.org was the ip and my GM name was Playboy < was a little joke
anyway..

Name: Torrey
Why would you choose me over somebody else: Ive been GM in 3 different OT servers so i know how to be fair and what and what not to do as a GM such as Give items away give Exp away also.. to help players when they need it and so on. Also I dont want GM for power.. Most Hosters give the Game master barely any priveleges that cancels banning people.. and i hate when people mess the server up.. and i would like to prevent things like this from happening
Language: English
2 Examples: Ive listed above at very top of this post-

Back