• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Desktop crash?!?!

Simple response: You are screwed.

Most likely the virus has replaced or edited your explorer.exe which is the main component of windows UI.

Your best solution is to format your harddrive and reinstall windows.
(If you got a brand name computer like DELL or HP, they usually offer recovery options which is easier than formatting and reinstalling, and does more or less the same thing)

Once you have done that, i suggest you install proper security solutions, such as:

Antivirus: NOD32, Avast (free), AVG (free)

Firewall: F-secure, Comodo (free), Zonealarm (free)

Antispyware: Spyware Search & Destroy (free), Ad-aware (free), Superantispyware (free)

Once you got all that, you should be safe.

Also take precautions in the future, dont download and run .exe files from ANYONE or ANYWHERE if you arent 100% sure they are clean (your "friends" could send you virus too, remember that), and be extra careful of what you click on the internet, don't download anything just because it tells you that you need it ("Warning! Windows error detected! Download this to fix the error!", "Your computer is running slow! Download this to speed it up!", and so on), just download things you KNOW that you need and want.
And even if the .exe is from a trusted source, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS scan it just to be sure, preferably on a service which uses multiple antivirus-scanners (http://virusscan.jotti.org or VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan).

I guess you're running Vista?

I dunno, To lazy to check the thread.

Anyways, I've to restart Explorer.exe every now and then if I'm on the vista.

Back