• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Destinationser's Mapping Showoff

You didnt take his advice, its still VERY squary, your the one that's most negative here

Ontopic: The map really sucks :/

I didn't see any flaming by Prest... Learn how to read. <- that's flaming. And frankly, you deserve it by now after your rude comment.

On topic, your mapping is definitely way too squarey. It looks very unnatural and you auto-border too much. Try taking a picture/finding a picture of a mountain or some kind of landscape/area that's of just nature, and compare to your mapping, and then try to map something similar to it. And make sure, as far as real-life to mapping goes, that you pay attention at how shapes and edges flow. Nature is lego.

~~ New picture ~~
Mother Nature
Gimme some positive responses, i didnt make it square this time
s31ymq.png

I like the stairs. :)

Other than that, you could try raw palette and sticking to one theme, etc grass-water-driedgrass-mud doesnt really fit, also the floor in the houses doesnt fit, nor does the houses inside the mountain like that. Look through some pictures for inspiration and how you can create a well-made map. Keep in mind - you can't rush things.

don't use attachements, use

and from what I can see, it's shit

Wow, You guys are like "it sucks" wooooo" On internet, i would like you to say it IRL ;)

maybe I was harsh but Blackstone was atleast giving good critiscism, that you should defenitely take in consideration

Luffy is a good mapper.

It's autobordered and it's bad.
Try to read few tutorials, then you get the hang of it :)

The tutorials are shit, the peoples that posts the tutorials are shit. They should make a video instead of posting dumb pictures and writing a foolish text.

Rage?

Look at some good mappers.
Neon, Macedoon, Luffy1255, Illusion, Peroxide, HesteN, Knatt1 or Knatte1, Radeon, WardawG, Javiersin, Sharp.

Some pretty good mappers.

Destination, to be honost, I never liked tutorials either and it never helped me, but the people who made it are shit? no way.
as for you, I would do what Zatjin told you, and thats exactly what I did and what I'm still doing
I follow good mappers, I get inspired and learn every time someone posts something. This might help you

Better but you abosolutly need to stop raging about other people telling you to look at a tutorial.. look over them and see how they put their grounds to make it look like it could be considered as real..
Tip from me: Look at tutorials and dont call people 'shit' because you cant understand how their better...

Zatjin lives in Norway.. And only reason why he 'flamed' you is that you aren't taking any advice from people..

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they think other maps are sucky than theyre own, they need to get a life instead of sitting behind a comp 24/7

Learn to take criticism, and if you want to prove that your a better mapper than me, than enter the Christmas contest. you have 2 days, and theres an opening, if not.. then close your mouth.

Back