• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DevAAC (TFS 1.X)

It doesn't matter what webserver you use if you can configure it correctly. Open developer's console in the web browser and look for errors. It will tell you what's wrong.

fd9e5826d3.png

Any ideas why I am getting these errors? I thought I had everything configured properly. Im using Xampp.

You need to load this over HTTP, it won't work if you open it from a file on your local disk.

You need to load this over HTTP, it won't work if you open it from a file on your local disk.

Yeah I have zero experience with web servers but I kind of have it together after working at it for a while. My problem now is I am having 403 access denied issues when I attempt to access http://localhost/index.html . Do you think this has to do with the php config or is this related to how .htaccess is being used?

To me it almost work, but when tried to go on http://localhost/api/v1/server/info
It shows me blank page with text:

Here is my config file:
Code:
<?php
define('TFS_ROOT', 'C:\OTS');

// ------------ OPTIONAL SETTINGS -------------
define('ALLOWED_VOCATIONS', serialize(array(0)));
define('NEW_PLAYER_LEVEL', 1);
define('NEW_PLAYER_TOWN_ID', 6);

define('HOUSES_AUCTIONS', true);
define('HOUSES_AUCTION_TIME', 'P7D');
define('HOUSES_PER_ACCOUNT', 1);
define('ENABLED_PLUGINS', serialize(array('ratelimiter.php', 'simple.php', 'ipban.php')));

Any ideas what should I do?

I didn't feel like reading all the pages of comments to see if this was resolved already, but if it wasn't, it's the backslash. change to C:/OTS and it'll stop complaining.

Also for anyone whose page only displays partial content, I found it was because my config.lua in my TFS distro had comments in it and the AAC did not handle them very nicely. I removed all the comments and now everything seems to operate normally.

how to instal on xampp?

download the zip file, copy the folders inside 'release' into your main xampp folder, delete your htdocs folder and rename the public_html to htdocs (or copy the contents of public_html into your existing htdocs folder), rename config.sample.php to config.php, follow the steps inside (minimum configure the TFS path to the location of your TFS distro (the folder that your config.lua is in)) and you should be good to go. It's really that simple.

I've noticed just now that the AAC does not work if I'm not connected to the internet. Is there any way around that? I don't always have an internet connection when I'm doing work on my stuff.

I've noticed just now that the AAC does not work if I'm not connected to the internet. Is there any way around that? I don't always have an internet connection when I'm doing work on my stuff.
All libraries are pulled from CDN, so you'd have to replace all of them in index.html with local copies.

Makes sense. Another thing I'm seeing is that the page is kinda glitchy looking until it fully pulls everything. Like, the title says DevAAC and the variable elements display their code until all elements fully load, at which point it corrects itself. On a slower connection, this could look pretty awful for a fair bit of time. Is there a way to smooth things out without resorting to local copies?

All in all, I think it's very clean and with a little expansion for some unique features, which I imagine will be pretty easy, it could be the best AAC ever made for any version of anything. xD

I really like the integration of the config.lua, really ties things together and makes customization so much quicker and easier. It's like one-click editing, but better, because it averages out to less than one click :D

Makes sense. Another thing I'm seeing is that the page is kinda glitchy looking until it fully pulls everything. Like, the title says DevAAC and the variable elements display their code until all elements fully load, at which point it corrects itself. On a slower connection, this could look pretty awful for a fair bit of time. Is there a way to smooth things out without resorting to local copies?
ng-cloak in <body> is supposed to take care of that. Maybe it's not working that well.

Okay, well, it's not a huge deal at this point. Still a great project with plenty of potential.

Okay, here's a fun one. How do I access it from outside localhost? O: Can't access it from another network. Removed all the DevAAC stuff and just threw a Hello World html file into my root folder and I was able to access it fine from the outside. I have all the appropriate ports forwarded obviously, including 80, 25, 110, 143, 443, 3306, 21, 587 and 7171/7172. Is there some fancy way to allow access from outside?

Looks great, i love how fast pages are loading. I would love to use it, but there is no templates. Since i have no website design skills, i likely will not be able to contribute to that :p

Good job, it would be nice if you create a tutorial on how to make a template for this AAC

Back