• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dieguinski's Mapping Thread

Dieguinski

Reaction score
Well for years I've been mapping but now I just wan't to show you my work.

Im not very good at taking pictures so im trying now with this simple picture, if this goes good I'll upload more, if you like it I will map and upload more. :)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wrkug5&s=6

2wrkug5.jpg

Srry for my english/grammar.

Last edited:
Looks pretty decent, but as Pero said, add the code
around the link with the direct link to the image, as for the map piece, if you are going to do a "Over everything level" snapshot, hit "Q" to remove the shadows below.

Looks pretty decent, but as Pero said, add the code
around the link with the direct link to the image, as for the map piece, if you are going to do a "Over everything level" snapshot, hit "Q" to remove the shadows below.

he's using Simones map editor.

Also best thing to do when taking SS for this kind of stuff, make sure that you click a tile that cannot be highlighted (like the black areas or go up a level and click an area that is over smthn that has nothing on that level), ALSO edit out the client, goto paint, crop out what you wanna show and then save it on a new paint pad with nothing there, it'll look much better.

- - - Updated - - -

he's using Simones map editor.

Is he? Then nvm, but he should use RME... (IMO and because of experience...( ;-; never again...))

Thank you guys, I'll use your advices and im not planning to use RME's map editor.

Thank you guys, I'll use your advices and im not planning to use RME's map editor.

The only difference between the map editor is the layout pretty much, in Remere's you have more options.
You can turn off autoborder etc, the palettes are a tad easier especially once you get used to it.
You'd definitely get faster at mapping using Remere's, but all people have different preferential's.

I agree rme it's way too better, and it's the new deal. I'm just a Simone Lover.

Waterfalls in a cave??

Hi!!
Since my first post, I feel motivated to re-join this forum and decided to map something quick I hope you enjoy.

Photo 1.
atmvt.jpg

Photo 2.
2q9dzwy.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
I suggest sticking to one thread, it's a lot easier for people viewing it.
I'll merge them for you and change the thread name to "Dieguinski's Mapping Thread"

If he likes to map with simone, stfu and let him. Why the hate towards the map editor, it was the only thing that could create a map before rme lol. Don't hate something because something else is better in YOUR opinion.

Turn shade off when you take a picture. Your mountain looks weird because of the wall type you used, try checking a tutorial on how to do mountains or check other mappers, whatever helps you the most. uhmm... does this have a lore or anything like that or a random building, a hunt spot? overal it reminds me of old school mapping and I miss that :( the nostalgia! :p I'm not gonna say that it looks good or bad because I still think mapping is all about personal preference's, what looks good in my eyes might look bad in yours, just do your thing boy and show us more mapping so we can comment some more and next time I'll try to give you some feedback on what I think looks good and not :p

rme is better yeah but i only use it to merge my mapping files together, because rme here is laggy(and the faq didn't work)
but it got nice functions + you can see stacked shit wich is better tbh.

But for mapping im still a simone user! HIGH FIVE!

Only used Simeone once, map came out shitty... Neveragain.png
@Piece: It looks a little too clean, you should add debris every here and there, other than that looks pretty nice, good job!

I don't like it simply because it's just too plain theres not enough to make it look "alive"; Also, quit ranting about the map editor, let him use whatever the hell he wants..jesus people.

Back