• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Difficulties with compiling/setting up VC2017 [OTX 3.2]

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
I have finally gotten everything installed, I have done as the tutorial has said (and then some)...

I am still having issues with the boost libraries. Right now they are located on the root of my C:/ drive.
I've run the .bat file, it flashes a console at me "entry updated successfully" or something along those lines. (hard to read because it closes immediately)

I am getting the following errors, can anyone help?
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thanks @AsianPotato for the answer: Change compiler from "debug" to "release". Very simple fix.

Last edited:
Yeah if the error would have been an access violation it would've worked, was still worth a shot though. Check if you have that file in the right folder. By root do you mean you have it like so C:\ALL FILES HERE or do you have it like this C:\BoostLibFolder\FILES HERE

Yeah if the error would have been an access violation it would've worked, was still worth a shot though. Check if you have that file in the right folder. By root do you mean you have it like so C:\ALL FILES HERE or do you have it like this C:\BoostLibFolder\FILES HERE

C:\local\boost_1_62_0

This is the way it installed when I picked the C:/ drive.

Go to the project properties, click C/C++ > General > Additional Include directories > Click the drop down > Edit > Select your boost folder directory.

If that doesn't work, then I've got no clue. Make sure you have the missing file in the boost directory.

Go to the project properties, click C/C++ > General > Additional Include directories > Click the drop down > Edit > Select your boost folder directory.

If that doesn't work, then I've got no clue. Make sure you have the missing file in the boost directory.

That seemed to make a difference. Now I get this and the program compiles but won't run (and it's big, like 9+ mb not like the 2+ mb ones I downloaded.)
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>account.cpp
1>actions.cpp
1>ban.cpp
1>baseevents.cpp
1>bed.cpp
1>chat.cpp
1>combat.cpp
1>condition.cpp
1>configmanager.cpp
1>connection.cpp
1>container.cpp
1>creature.cpp
1>creatureevent.cpp
1>cylinder.cpp
1>database.cpp
1>databasemanager.cpp
1>databasetasks.cpp
1>depotchest.cpp
1>depotlocker.cpp
1>events.cpp
1>fileloader.cpp
1>game.cpp
1>gamestore.cpp
1>globalevent.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\xutility(2372): warning C4996: 'std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate': Call to 'std::copy' with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators' (compiling source file ..\src\gamestore.cpp)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\xutility(2372): note: see declaration of 'std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate' (compiling source file ..\src\gamestore.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_62_0\boost/algorithm/string/detail/classification.hpp(102): note: see reference to function template instantiation '_OutIt *std::copy<const char*,char*>(_InIt,_InIt,_OutIt)' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _OutIt=char *,
1>            _InIt=const char *
1>        ] (compiling source file ..\src\gamestore.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_62_0\boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp(206): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::algorithm::detail::is_any_ofF<char>::is_any_ofF<boost::iterator_range<const char *>>(const RangeT &)' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            RangeT=boost::iterator_range<const char *>
1>C:\local\boost_1_62_0\boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp(206): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::algorithm::detail::is_any_ofF<char>::is_any_ofF<boost::iterator_range<const char *>>(const RangeT &)' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>..\src\gamestore.cpp(35): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::algorithm::detail::is_any_ofF<char> boost::algorithm::is_any_of<char[2]>(const RangeT (&))' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            RangeT=char [2]
1>        ]
1>groups.cpp
1>guild.cpp
1>house.cpp
1>inbox.cpp
1>ioguild.cpp
1>iologindata.cpp
1>iomap.cpp
1>iomapserialize.cpp
1>iomarket.cpp
1>item.cpp
1>items.cpp
1>luascript.cpp
1>mailbox.cpp
1>map.cpp
1>modules.cpp
1>monster.cpp
1>monsters.cpp
1>mounts.cpp
1>movement.cpp
1>networkmessage.cpp
1>npc.cpp
1>otserv.cpp
1>outfit.cpp
1>outputmessage.cpp
1>party.cpp
1>player.cpp
1>position.cpp
1>protocol.cpp
1>protocolgame.cpp
1>protocolgamebase.cpp
1>protocollogin.cpp
1>protocolold.cpp
1>protocolspectator.cpp
1>protocolstatus.cpp
1>quests.cpp
1>raids.cpp
1>reward.cpp
1>rewardchest.cpp
1>rsa.cpp
1>scheduler.cpp
1>scriptmanager.cpp
1>server.cpp
1>signals.cpp
1>spawn.cpp
1>spells.cpp
1>talkaction.cpp
1>tasks.cpp
1>teleport.cpp
1>thing.cpp
1>tile.cpp
1>tools.cpp
1>trashholder.cpp
1>vocation.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\xutility(2372): warning C4996: 'std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate': Call to 'std::copy' with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators' (compiling source file ..\src\tools.cpp)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\xutility(2372): note: see declaration of 'std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate' (compiling source file ..\src\tools.cpp)
1>C:\local\boost_1_62_0\boost/algorithm/string/detail/classification.hpp(102): note: see reference to function template instantiation '_OutIt *std::copy<const char*,char*>(_InIt,_InIt,_OutIt)' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _OutIt=char *,
1>            _InIt=const char *
1>        ] (compiling source file ..\src\tools.cpp)
1>        with
1>        [
1>        with
1>        [
1>..\src\tools.cpp(1273): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::algorithm::detail::is_any_ofF<char> boost::algorithm::is_any_of<char[3]>(const RangeT (&))' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            RangeT=char [3]
1>        ]
1>waitlist.cpp
1>weapons.cpp
1>wildcardtree.cpp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>theforgottenserver.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Holtman\Desktop\New OT\TOOLS\Otxserver-New-master\vc14\Debug\theforgottenserver.exe
1>theforgottenserver.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Holtman\Desktop\New OT\TOOLS\Otxserver-New-master\vc14\Debug\theforgottenserver.pdb (Full PDB)
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj".
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're crashing wait for it to give you the debug option when it crashes and then select the tfs source you have open as the debugger, thensend screenshots

if you're crashing wait for it to give you the debug option when it crashes and then select the tfs source you have open as the debugger, thensend screenshots
Sorry, the client is debugging when I open any container, not "server crashing" (I was managing too many things yesterday, sorry about that.)

Any idea what it might be in that context? Or does what you say somehow work with the client?

Back