• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Disconnected from server [vps/ubuntu]

Grex78

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with joining on my own server which i start from VPS on OVH.com.
VPS is on ubuntu 20.04.
Engine tbh i dont know (as u can see on screenshot is link to this server)
It starts perfectly but when i try to join instant i get msg "Error: Disconnected from server." There is no any numbers with this error.
1643063859640.png

I added rules in ufw
1643063929942.png

Config.lua looks like this:
in place of xxxxxx is my ip from vps (which i can ping normally and get answer)
1643063975606.png
I added too rules in OVH firewall:
1643064053998.png
I tried even to change vps to other and its the same problem.
Tried aswell changing ip in client, using 2 diffrent ip changers still the same problem.
Please help me :(

Solution
You should have posted this on the support board, hopefully somebody moves it there.
Go back to your OVH firewall and delete all your current rules, and then re-set them as per this image (image updated 26/01/24):
1706287511492.png
The important parts in this image are:
  • Don't open shit you don't need
  • You should be opening the Destination port, not the source port
  • TCP established rule required on priority 0
  • All the TCP ports you need open, tick the syn tcp status box
  • Refuse IPv4 rule strongly suggested at priority 19

At this point I'd probably be inclined just to disable UFW altogether:
$ sudo ufw disable

As for your config.lua
I'm not sure why you're running non-standard ports, but at least for debugging...
You should have posted this on the support board, hopefully somebody moves it there.
Go back to your OVH firewall and delete all your current rules, and then re-set them as per this image (image updated 26/01/24):
1706287511492.png
  • All the TCP ports you need open, tick the syn tcp status box

$ sudo ufw disable

As for your config.lua
I'm not sure why you're running non-standard ports, but at least for debugging purposes change it to this:
Code:
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171

Attachments

Last edited:
Solution
Go back to your OVH firewall and delete all your current rules, and then re-set them as per this image:
View attachment 65048

$ sudo ufw disable

As for your config.lua
I'm not sure why you're running non-standard ports, but at least for debugging purposes change it to this:
Code:
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
Hey, thanks for help but still same problem. I changed rules in OVH and Turned off ufw. I changed ports in config.lua aswell. Any other proposition?

Code:
netstat -nalp | grep 7171
to check on what IP server is listening. Last week I fixed problem with some TFS 0.4 3777 server that for unknown reason bind to IP 127.0.0.1, not public IP or 0.0.0.0.
If you need any help with opening ports, message me on Discord: Gesior.pl#3208

Code:
to check on what IP server is listening. Last week I fixed problem with some TFS 0.4 3777 server that for unknown reason bind to IP 127.0.0.1, not public IP or 0.0.0.0.
Hello, thanks for your help. I put this command in my vps and I Got answer
Code:
 tcp        0      0 xxx.xx.xx.xxx:7171      0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1154/./yurOTS
Where xxx is my IPv4 of vps

Code:
Good afternoon Gesior, do you remember how did u fixed this? Im guessing im with this problem too.

Good afternoon Gesior, do you remember how did u fixed this? Im guessing im with this problem too.
I don't remember. Some line in these lines blocked it from binding to 0.0.0.0:
Probably this part
tried to check server IPs and did not allow config.lua to set IP to IP that is not listed as 'network interface' in Linux.

Probably I did not fix it. I've just pushed my server IP using serverIps.push_front(std::make_pair(HERE_IP, 0xFFFFFFFF)); and set HERE_IP to IP as number in reverse order (network order). ex. your server IP is 1.2.3.4, reverse order is 4.3.2.1, then you convert it into number - using ip2long - Online Tool (https://onlinephp.io/ip2long) - and paste 67305985 as IP in this code.

Back