• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discuss] PyOT vs TFS

I've tested both TFS and PyOT for a while now. I could bring up some points:
Pros
Cons
TFS
*Faster in terms of language used and system gone up.
*More stable because it really have existed longer.
*Much more resources available for the public
*More complete in terms of functionality compared to tibia
*Fast to install, Works almost everywhere.
*Scripting is userfriendly
*And more ofc
*Scripting is easy, but truely lacks potential in terms of flexibility, (Locked States)
*Protocol verision is hard locked into the revision you are using.

PyOT
*Scripting.. Really is the point here. Its soo much you can add in terms of game mechanisms, The entire sever can be update easily without compilation.
*Dynamic Map loading. Many may not concider this as a features since its actually uses the harddrive quite alot.
It does reduse the preformance, but also drastically reduses the memory usage of map.
*Supports all clients from 8.6+ Simultinously.
*And more ofc
*Young and still unstable, functionality is not fully for a complete server.
*Memory usage of python is high, but is compensated by really good algorithms

But to my conclusion. PyOT is great, it really gives many new wanted features, but as its still inmature in its code, It would be better to use TFS if you really want a solid base to work on.
PyOT still needs time to grow, Stian works hard on the distrobution and he really could need some help from developers, or absolutely testers.

TFS is great as well, but it starts to get too old fashioned. People already know almost everything about it. And they know its limits, Its really time for something new to wake the community up a bit again.
Soo i acually have to go with PyOT.

but who cares.. OpenTibia is dead for most of us anyways.

Give pyOt a couple of years and I bet it will be better than TFS. I really hope so anyway. :()

I think it is better to use python (with already implemented boost-python) than lua.
But the scripting environment could be in another language (example: ruby).

Maneuver belongs to programmer.

If we will compare languages I would choose python for sure, but if u are going to open a server then TFS is ur choice just because it is finished. "0.2"

tfs 2 strong 1 hit KO all pyot bleeding in ground askin for mercy

Back