• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[DISCUSSION] 128x128 pixels Tibia sprites with AI (neural network)

quoting the Linux creator: "Talk is cheap, show me the code".

@mrianuraa gesior has provided a step by step on the process and even shared his repo with functions to load png directly.
What have you done besides this? Did you packed back to spr just to reduce the size?
Hello,

Just to be clear, feature is in WIP status and will be at least for one more week. I'm a freelancer and Dip Set hired me to develop that feature.
I can not share for free that code without his without his permission. I can describe steps to reproduce such effect:

As an initial step:
1a. Extract .spr file to .png folder (with alpha) -> 32x32 folder
2a. put new 32x32 sprites to 32x32 folder
2. Iterate trough all files in 32x32 folder and resize it using waifu2x neural network -> 64x64 folder
3. iterate through 64x64 images and optimize them (in our case size reduction from 1.55GB to ~350MB) -> 64x64_opt
4. Iterate through all mask sprites (outfit masks in 64x64_opt) and fix them (colors on the edges are a bit changed) -> fixed_images
5. merge 64x64 folder with fixed_images
6. Packing to 2 buffers (a metadata buffer [file size, offset, name] and data buffer[file's data])
7. Iterate through 64x64 folder -> read file data and push to data buffer -> construct metadata and push to metadata buffer
8. create .mpak file (metadata + data flushed binary to file)
9. optionally (in our case adds encryption and reduces pack size to ~260MB) pack to zip file

Our client's sprite manager was changed in such a way, that is able to use spr.zip

Regards,
Mariusz

------ my YT canal:

I am sorry to bump an old thread, but I just started working on this myself and wanted to show some results to those who might be interested in them.

Attachments

• Sprites 95483-95518-3.png
    Sprites 95483-95518-3.png
    816.2 KB · Views: 93 · VirusTotal
  • Sprites 242700-242735-3.png
    Sprites 242700-242735-3.png
    964.6 KB · Views: 97 · VirusTotal
  • Sprites 245076-245111-3.png
    Sprites 245076-245111-3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98 · VirusTotal
For those interested, I've been testing other GANs to do Super Resolutioner (SR) in the place of Waifu2x and the results are waaaaay better. They take out this "goofy" animation feel and can be way better to represent actual tibia sprites in a more medieval-like format.

Also, I've run by this paper/repo a couple days ago, it seems promising as they propose a way to generate images in less time and with less artifacts than regular GANs:

Those are pretty decent results to be honest. keep it up
Thanks, I plan to use them to train some ai models for generating sprites/spritesheet's in tibia style through text prompts or image to image eventually.

If anyone is interested in getting their hands on the these sprite sheets, I used spider converter to extract client 13.34 assets, which came out to have 4171 sprite sheets, all of which I have up-scaled by 4x their normal size. You can message me directly, they are free, I am not selling them.

I am sorry to bump an old thread, but I just started working on this myself and wanted to show some results to those who might be interested in them.

Bro! These look awesome! :) I would love to see some of your progress and follow your work, any chance to connect on disc or github?

Back