• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion thread] Ruthless Chaos

My last server had a very easy and solid crafting system. Extremely easy…. Much easier than most shown on different servers. And yea 5% said Oooo cool! Very fun! The other 95% said ehh…
did the items crafted have any kind of impact on endgame items?

did the items crafted have any kind of impact on endgame items?

Somewhat yes, the only thing I really have to say is how many Very unique and custom OTs are there with 100+ on otservlist that have been alive more than 3 months? Only 1. Ever. :p And that’s spiderot. I just think it’s a fine line you need to walk with custom and the norm

prove it.
What was the best item player could craft.
Then what did equivalent best item what you got from quest do and what did equivalent best item what monster dropped do?

The best tier of equipment was all crafted, it was crafted by using a mixture of mined materials, creature products from difficult bosses and quests. The tier was about 20% stronger than the best lootable set.

What are the points for? Blacksmithing points and such?

They're skill points, required to craft certain items. Crafting items advances your skill to unlock new recipes. :)

The created items have a similar strength than the ones obtained by team-questing. Depending on the difficulty to obtain a certain quest-item, the crafted item will have different attributes. Not necessarily worse, but have different stats to adapt for different situation. This could be made possible thanks to new stats and effects that are being introduced this season.

@Glecko , any information regarding the vocation part? How's it gonna be?
Any spoilers on that front?
Are you creating custom vocations or modifying the current vocations even more or are you just gonna leave them untouched?

Whens the expected date? I def wanna play again. (I was Eruh/Lifer in v1)

The best tier of equipment was all crafted, it was crafted by using a mixture of mined materials, creature products from difficult bosses and quests. The tier was about 20% stronger than the best lootable set.
that tells me nothing and i kinda see the reason why it people said "meh" at the crafting feature.

Why did the last one go offline?

Last Season got shut down because there was no playerbase left, a lot of players left when the server had problems with kicks (might have been ddos, not sure) and the fact that the new continent (frisiga) was very confusing.

Both these problems have been adressed, so a restart us the right choice. Hopefully it'll bring new, more active people in, since that is what we kind of lacked last season in order to finish the last bit of the lore/questline.

How many servers in top 20 on otservlist have a crafting system?
no clue and its better without if it doesn't produce anything but garbage and/or equal value.

What I was trying to get at, if this server is going to have crafting system, it shouldn't even mention this feature until players are half way to endgame.
And when it is good time to introduce it, make it impactful for first items. Definitely a step by step walktrough is required how to craft. (does not matter how easy it is)
While progressing with crafting items always put in occasional unique "OMG" items along with the rest, so players won't loose interest to keep checking out newer ones.
(unless its not too troublesome to keep pumping out only unique items)

@Glecko , any information regarding the vocation part? How's it gonna be?
Any spoilers on that front?
Are you creating custom vocations or modifying the current vocations even more or are you just gonna leave them untouched?

Some spells are being added, nothing too drastic, though. I'll let you know one of these days about all the custom spells, including the ones added this season. We believe some players didn't use certain spells because of not being aware of its existance.

Why did the last one go offline?
Ruthless Chaos has a main quest, to kill the Ruthless Seven. Once it's completed, the server is over and the ones who managed to complete it are remembered for history. Then, some time later the next season starts with new additions to the game, etc. However, if the demonlords aren't killed after certain time, it will be too late for humanity, since they also prepare their attack. (The server ends anyways without a winner team).

no clue and its better without if it doesn't produce anything but garbage and/or equal value.

What I was trying to get at, if this server is going to have crafting system, it shouldn't even mention this feature until players are half way to endgame.
And when it is good time to introduce it, make it impactful for first items. Definitely a step by step walktrough is required how to craft. (does not matter how easy it is)
While progressing with crafting items always put in occasional unique "OMG" items along with the rest, so players won't loose interest to keep checking out newer ones.

This crafting system will be available from the beginning. However, we made sure there were good items for every vocation and for every level range. Same applies to endgame, of course. And yes, you are probably right about needing to explain carefully how everything works, regardless of the fact that we kinda like that players discover stuff on their own.

Last edited:

The answer is 0 ;)

Time for some news! This time regarding Alchemy!
Alchemists focus on brewing special potions. Besides the normal potions, alchemists are able to brew special potions with amazing effects. These potions are separated into 2 categories: Battle potions and Elixirs. The first ones have very good effects that last for a very short period of time, while elixirs grant you a bonus for 30 minutes. You can only have on of each active at once and there are some cooldowns to prevent players from spamming battle potions to be extremely powerful for long periods of time.

To create these potions, you will have to gather, among some creature products, specific plants around the world with an Alchemist Scythe. Then, in the alchemy lab, use an alchemist vial to brew your potions.

There's a huge variety of effects that can be obtained by drinking these beverages, some of which are special and unknown until you drink them and discover your effects by yourself, like for example: Insanity and Focus.

FBo4chr.gif

Left: Mastermind potion; Middle: Insanity potion; Right: Focused resolve potion

See you soon with more news! :)

Exact date is of the closed beta is yet to be decided, but it is going to be very soon. Post here or PM me if you would like to take part in it. Only a very reduced group of people will be given access to it though. Moreover, it won't take too long, so former players of Ruthless Chaos will have priority.

Beta invitation will be seint via PM!

Back