• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion thread] Ruthless Chaos

Glecko

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Ruthless Chaos is a custom, low-rate RPG server that has been online since the 6th of February.

The goal of this thread is to discuss improvement points of the server as well as presenting teasers of upcoming updates from our development team.

What we are working on

Redesign of Frisiga

We have received a lot of feedback on the pathing, walking speed and concept of Frisiga. We are working on making the continent more attractive to players by making the map more plain/intuitive and increasing the walking speed on snow tiles.

SNqgjQy.png

Profession system

The new profession system, which is being worked on at this moment as a preparation for Season 3, will offer players a large variety of possibilities and gamestyles. More will be revealed soon. Stay tuned!

AINzedp.png

The Realm of Khur'obaros

A new dungeon designed for players of level 200~, ambiented in an underwater city of the ancient race of the Pha'iun. As in every dungeon, monsters will implement scripted behaviour to make fights challenging and unique.

bzncvFB.png

The Pit of Despair

A new arena in the hellish realm that will be a challenge even for the most prepared team. Like in the other arenas, waves of custom monsters and bosses will swarm you as you fight against the clock to defeat them.

phHciYs.png

The undead city of Azara

A new undead city in ruins on the northern part of Frisiga. Once inhabited by traders and now under a curse, the city will serve as both a hunting place and a major questline.

SeWDEKh.png

Future plans

We would like to know your opinion about what features you would like to see implemented in a near future in Ruthless Chaos. Since we can't work on everything at once, it's your decision which feature we should prioritize. :)

Custom Vocations
A lot of people have requested custom vocations to be added to the game. What do you think their concepts should be?

Profession system
It would add a whole new dimension of features. What do you think the impact of professions should be? Do you have any ideas on how we should approach this topic?

Full customization of monsters and sprites
Right now, the game has over 500 custom creatures and 200 custom items. The plan is, that in the future, every monster and item on Ruthless Chaos is unique. Do you think this an important aspect? How would you rate its priority?

New areas
Obviously, we always work to add new content to the game. What level ranges do you feel like need more content? Do you have any ideas for concepts of new areas?

Dynamic World/Events
For this season we have already started working on this matter, with the Blizzards occurring from time to time in Frisiga, unlocking hunting spots, bosses and more. These world interactions offer variety and new challenges. What else would like to see regarding this matter?

We would like to invite everyone to share your thoughts and speak out your suggestions regarding our server, we are happy for every feedback we can get :)

Last edited:
Well, guess this is as good of a time as any, especially now there is a new discussion thread for this season.

I would like to start of by thanking you a whole lot for offering us another season with new experiences, areas, monsters, bosses & mechanics after the awesome first season. I've been playing both seasons up into Hell so far, and I'm so pleased to see that you guys have taken all our feedback of season 1 into consideration (mostly regarding the endless grinding of tasks, I feel like it's a lot better this season) and that it has changed the server for the better in my opinion. I still think this server needs and deserves a lot more players, and I truely hope this thread will bring in the old as well as new players once again.

Frisiga

I guess I could divide this continent into 2 different areas. I've been playing the Frisiga taskline during the beta of Season 2, and I can honestly say I loved it. The server lacked an icy continent in the first season, and the beginning of Frisiga is awesome. The tasks are fun, there are some new bosses with cool mechanics, and the area overall is very easy to navigate through. I haven't ran into a lot of troubles during these first tasks, was able to finish them all rather quickly (except for the magician castle maybe, was a bit harder to find and I've been receiving quite some questions about the location). For some people some bosses may bug for some reason, like the Yeti, but that's often fixed by redoing the task reporting it so it's not a big deal. I would like to compliment you guys on this part of Frisiga, it's awesome and a real solid addition to the server to create some diversity at the start.

Yet now the main part of Frisiga, where you get sent by the Sarlin Society at some point. As opposed to the 'tutorial' part of Frisiga, this part is very, very hard to navigate through the first few times. There is nothing to point you into the real right direction of Crystal Spiders, Korzar, Frost Dragons or Sialeth. We had the advantage of playing the beta, we had been exploring Frisiga for hours there without finding the Crystal Spiders or Korzar at first, but in the end we figured their locations out. This, however, was because we are very dedicated to this server, we've experienced the first season and all it's amazing bosses, and we really wanted to progress in order to be able to battle & defeat them. On the other hand, there are quite some (I guess you can call them casual) players that have barely seen anything of the server, have had no prior experience and then get thrown into Frisiga. They wander on that continent for hours, get lost, run out of supplies or are simply to annoyed/exhausted to continue searching. I've seen numerous people complain in game-chat about Frisiga being a real labyrinth without any signs or paths to follow. They want to be able to find stuff without searching for hours, as the tasks prior to this didn't take a lot of time to find and complete either.

Honestly, I feel like this is the first reason the player count has dropped lately. There are a few ways to perhaps fix this:

1. Put down some signs with (vague) hints about locations, the island has been explored by the Sarlin Society (heck they're even building the city of Sialeth already), by the goblins, since they als have an encampment there, and by pirates that have a ship on the south side of the continent. Why not place some signs to send players in the right direction?
2. Create some kind of ice path that connects the main parts of Frisiga with eachother (spiders and Sialeth). This would not only make it a bit easier for newcomers, it would also grant them a bit more movement speed, since walking through the snow is a total pain at lower levels.

The kicks

I think you guys have missed an enormous window here. The server has started kicking about a week ago, even multiple times a day, causing our connection to drop. Yet at the same time our characters remain online, monsters can keep attacking us and we die. You never gave us an official statement on OTLand, Ruthless Chaos forums or through a global broadcast on the server itself. The problem with this is that a lot of players (myself included by now) feel like you don't really care and don't feel like the kicks are a huge problem for your server. I can help you burst that bubble: the kicks are the main reason the player count dropped in the past week.

Something HAS to be done about these kicks, the very, very least you could've done was post an official statement on the forums, broadcast it ingame or even post it in the OTLand thread as well as on the news page of your site. Everyone would've seen that you guys were very aware of the kicks having a big influence, and people would actually know what you'd be doing about it and how you would compensate the community. (I still think that highering the lootrate starting from tomorrow is useless, it might help the lower levels, but at higher levels cash is no problem at all and the big loss is the progress in experience.) I don't see why it would be so hard to compensate everyone that died for their exp and blessings according to their level (You could even just bring them back to just the level they lost with 100% left till the next level and give them cash to buy blessings for that level, that would be a huge difference for players).

Besides that, I feel like it's time to look out for a new host, people have been donating quite a bunch as far as I've seen & pretty much deserve a server where they can actually hunt without the fear of a kick being able to happen any time. Right at this moment it's not the question IF a kick is about to happen, but WHEN it is going to happen. This is not the environment you'd want to create for your players I suppose.

These were the 2 main points I wanted to discuss in this post, I'll give more feedback about Hell and the rest of the server when I have time, but I just wanted to get this out there already.

Please note that I appreciate everything you've done so far, and this is in no way a post to bash you guys, but it is what I think should be done to atleast save the few active players we still have with the opportunity of attracting more through the updates you're going to roll out for us.

Well, Ruthless Chaos was one of the best servers i played ever, its good that you made the discussion thread where people can openly speak their mind.

In my opinion custom vocations are one of the core elements of an RPG server, especially when they are made with good ideas and balancement. I think playing a custom vocation is really enjoyfull because sometimes you dont even know what your spell does, and you need to discover it( its so fun to discovering spells :O) it think RL voces are really boring and you get kinda overwhelmed by them , for instance: i cannot play a melee voc assassin like that deals some good damage, and uses some poisons or shit to crowd control, when i want to be a support class i MUST choose druid, even when i dont really like the class overall. You should create vocations that would allow people to do some vocation combos or just to make the gameplay a little diffrent for everyone.

Proffessions and crafting aspect is one of the nicest things ever done in RPG games, its really cool to crafting your own stuff(get some cool bonuses by the way) or craft it for someone. Crafting is really cool for the people like me who like to chill in some place or explore new places (with new materials :O) and craft/gather meanwhile.

The full customization thing is really cool for me because every time you kill a monster you wonder what item can it drop, when you are hunting monsters that exist on rl tibia its not that fun because you know all the loot and its just boredoom.

New areas are the things that keep players playing mostly in my opinion. An rpg player will always play when there is map to explore and some really cool places. As for the ideas i would love to see kind of Heaven someday - angels, archangels, death angels, any kind of angels XD they are just cool.

World events are the thing that sometimes may attract some players, a player who is bored in some way (happens) can just think "oh i can wait for some time maybe cool raid/event will happen!" and it just keeps players online especially when there are alot of them.

Thoughts from me: well for me the whole Sarlin Society taskline seems overwhelming, everyone of my friends (higher levels) say GO DO THE MAIN TASKLINE YOU WILL BE BEHIND, and what if i simply dont want to do them? Maybe i just get that feeling, but it kinda kept me away from others and made me play less. (i like the whole idea of doing task to get somewhere tho, but i think there is too much of them)

Damn its like my longest post on OTland so far XD hope you will consider some of my opinions and ideas. Good luck with the great OT you did so far.

EDIT: I would prioritize doing the custom vocations because its the core of rpg severs for me.

Kind regards
Shiros

Last edited:
Absolutely love everything that you guys are working on! Can't wait to gather a team for the 200+ dungeon.

Custom Vocations
I have no comment for this ^^. I'm alright with custom spells.
Profession system
This would bring a LOT of solo ability to the server. It would be really fun to play with/create. I'm sure it would be a pain to make.. but would be so fun on an individual level. I'm thinking enchantments... Like HP/Mana/crit chance/bleed damage/elemental damage and resistance/etc. Gear would be nice, but that's what bosses are for, right? If enchantments aren't the way to go, maybe certain skill levels in these professions grant you access to special spawns! ~~NPC Leader of the Woodcutters: "I'll let you in on a little secret, hidden in Arnera is a special tree near an oasis. When chopped down, creates a wide enough opening to squeeze through a fissure in the earth, granting access to secret type of monster."
I would love to see every monster on ruthless being custom. That would be so awesome. This would definitely be a long term project, but most importantly, I'd say the monsters of the major task-lines should be custom..specifically Sarlin Society. Whether that's entirely new sprites, or old creatures with new names/loot/xp/abilities, is up to you guys. The earlier quests should probably be custom too.. Orc leaders/warlords is what comes to mind first.
New areas
Just doing tasks,the occasional icy ogre/dragon lord hunt, and exploring Hell, I've reached 190~ with little problem. Now with only searching for bosses in Hell, 250 seems like a long way away. There's nothing [obvious] to do anymore, except get the gear from bosses that we can't use until 250. I'm sure there are mini-bosses scattered around Hell that drop lots of 200 gear~, but we've only found 3 atm lol, and 1 of them seems to drop only one piece of equipment (killed it 5x!). Our team has yet to find any pick holes in Hell as well... and we've been searching!! There seems to be quite a few "obvious" places, but then when we try picking, nothing happens (the 2 red pillars, north of the 2 juggernauts near a staircase, for example, was quite the troll spot). Introduce a task-line that requires killing X amount of monsters, and as a reward, the NPC tells you the location of one of their secret hiding spots from the demons of Hell, and it requires a pick to enter! NPC of Hell: "It's about time those chaos bugs got what they deserved. May my wife rest in piece. I wish she could've joined me in my hiding spot. There were actually some unique monsters down there, you should check it out. The location is down one of the lava paths to the west. You'll see of a pattern of 3 vertical stalagmites, the pick hole is somewhere around there. Good luck, those monsters weren't as friendly either"
Dynamic World/Events
I've never been to Frisiga when there was a blizzard occurring. It's interesting to know that hunting spots and bosses spawn during that time. I've only seen the red text once, and at that moment we were busy fighting Orshabaal. The blizzard, and goblin raffle should occur more often. Also, there should be more world events! People online love seeing the Red Text appear indicating a boss has spawned. I feel like this should be for all level ranges, and not just Hell. People kill sea serpents, warlocks, higher dwarfs, orc leader/warlords, cyclops, giant spiders, and monsters found in demon valley all the time. These monsters could drop very small upgrades in equipment for each vocation, addon items, etc. The amount of custom equipment for levels 1-119 feels lacking. People want custom content, and don't realize that ALL OF HELL is basically based on custom gear (which is awesome, btw).

Thanks to everyone for your inputs! :) While we won't answer each point individually (the post would be abnormally large!), be sure we are discussing and taking your idea into account. One main question that popped into our minds with some of your points:

• What do you think about the rates of the server? Are they too high? Since you feel like you have reached higher level content too fast, or feel like the main taskline is mandatory, we have figured that the progress might be too fast this season. What do you think?

Also, to keep you updated on our work, after the last update (where the major change was the increased movement speed on snow and underwater tiles; and the changes to the spells Purging Fire and Whirling Barrage) we have been working on the Pit of Despair, specifically on the creatures and bosses that you will face there, and their custom mechanics. Here's a sneak peak of what you will battle in the near future.

Ab6FmCE.png

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! Keep them coming :)

Alright, some more input from my side, this time aimed at the subjects you provided

Custom Vocations

I have never really been a fan of custom vocations. The main reason for this being that it often becomes to complicated, and besides that the balancing of these vocations would be very hard to do. I think CIP has done an amazing job creating 4 vocations that are more or less balanced.

I do enjoy the fact that you guys decided to add custom spells, those bring a whole new dimension into the game-play and fit the style of your server very well. Would definately like to see more of those in the future.

1 think I would like to point out is the fact that sorcerers feel quite useless (for the time being atleast, and I'm 200+ already). The thing is that druids bring so much more into boss fights and hunts compared to sorcerers (they can heal, use wild growth AND magic walls, paralyzes while still dishing out the same damage while using spells/runes). I believe that either druids need to get their damage nerfed by a certain % or sorcerers should get theirs buffed by a certain %, in order to keep them relevant. As for now the only relevant spells would be the level 95 ones that deal damage per second, however these can't be used in the later bossfights (the only time I've found this spell useful is at the deepest nightmare task, which can be soloed by a 110~ sorcerer while no other vocation is even able to get close to killing the knight alone). As for the Pyroblast, this was an useful PVP spell but that's pretty much it. I think this would be worth looking into as soon as possible.

NOTE: I'm playing a druid.

Profession system
I think a profession system would be a very nice addition to the server, it would add awhole new dimension to the possibilities people would have. I think what Zikko has already mentioned would be the main points, skill levels in professions would grant you access to certain areas.

As for the enchantments of weapons, I believe this is another thing that could most certainly be added to the server. For now all we've found is a couple of quest weapons that have a small enchantment in the form of +x hp per hit, which is fun but there are so many more options to work with here. You could perhaps think about a drop system that ranges from normal (the drops that exist now) to legendary (very, very rare drops that for example give you +10% attack speed or 1-2 more armor/attack on the weapon or armor). By making it drop only, so no enchanting system where you use x items to get +y attack on your weapon, you can make sure that it wouldn't be too easy for the rich and high leveled people to just enchant anything they want. Besides that it would add a new dimention to hunting, since at the moment it just feels like grinding without any possible fun rewards except for some elite monsters.

I guess we haven't even seen the half of the custom creatures, if there really are 500 we have a lot of exploring to do then. I do think that the plan of making every monster and item on Ruthless Chaos unique is a fun thing to do, yet will take a lot of time. I'd imagine that this wouldn't even be done before Season 4 started for now. I don't think this should have the highest of priorities at the moment, people don't really mind the well known Tibian items, if you give them the possibility to loot some legendary rated items in addition to the items that already exist to spice things up a little for the time being.

New areas
I think there is quite some content for any level range at the moment, the biggest problem is that hunting spots aren't really balanced. If we take the pyromancer spot for example, this has been designed for mages. However, the Pyromancers summon hellfire fighters that pretty much drop my mana from 6k to 0 within the time I kill a pyromancer. On the other hand, the Hellborns that have been designed for knights are an example of a fun hunting spot in hell that actually gives you decent experience compared to spots on the mainland. I do believe Hell should be more rewarding experience & lootwise compared to any spot outside of Hell, especially the custom monsters.

Besides that, I feel that most hunting spots only have 1 spot at the moment. There is only 1 spot for Hydras, 1 decent for Dragon Lords, 1 for Wyrms etc. While this might not be a problem at the moment, since there are not that many players online at the same time, it might be an issue once the server actually reaches 50 players at a daily basis.

Dynamic World/Events
I've seen the Blizzards happen, I've also noticed that some places to get affected while others remain unaffected at the moment. So far I haven't found a boss or secret hunting spot on Frisiga yet. This might have to do with the lack of exploring (either that or it hasn't actually been implemented yet). I love seeing wold interactions like these if they actually work like they should.

On the other hand, all the small raids (elf scouts & spiders at port sarlin, pirates in Dunea) happen very frequently but are very useless at the same time. Nobody gets excited because of a few elves or spiders spawning near Port Sarlin, or some Pirates at Dunea. At this moment nobody takes the time to go and kill a raid unless it's Demodras (and Demodras isn't even a randomly generated spawn, but is triggered by a certain amount of DL kills). I think you can make a lot of progress with these raids, perhaps change them into likes of the orc raid in Tindra (with a boss at some point) that can drop nice items for the low to mid levels, and perhaps a zinc coin or 2 on kill.

Guess that'll cover my thoughts for now, I'll keep an eye on the thread and am looking forward to more amazing updates. Keep it up!

Great server :)

Custom Vocations
I would like to see maybe not all new vocations from start but a lot promotions for example Druid>>>>Shaman/Rytualist/Saint Sorcerer>>>>Elementalist/Necromancer/Summoner etc etc :)
Profession system
There should be crafting system and gathering system it will make ot more RPG style :) I always love to gather some herb's or mine some ore then craft uniq weapon.
I would like to see a lot more new monters.
Dynamic World/Events
I would love to see PvP events in game like capture the flag :)

Great server :)
Dynamic World/Events
I would love to see PvP events in game like capture the flag :)

I really like this idea, could be a great implementation in Season 3 (the community now is too small for events like this). Rewards could probably range from Zinc Coins to money to equipment of some sort.

For now we're seeing that a lot of emphasis has been put in the importance of a profession system being included in the game and the benefits it could give, being an alternative to already existing playing options, such as questing, hunting and defeating bosses for equipment, outfits and other rewards. While it is true that a not only correctly working and properly balanced system, but also a very intuitive one, is putting a lot of work on our desk, we're sure that, if done with care, could be a great addition to the server.

Not only this, but adding dynamism to the existing world would most certainly make the game much more interesting. As we mentioned on the first post, we have started developing this idea with Frisiga's Blizzard. If it hasn't reached a too high expectation, it may be related to the continent itself, which might discourage players trying to find the secrets it unlocks. Another possible reason is that it is the only real world event and for this reason there aren't too many events going on during the week. Adding more like these, for all level ranges, could help solving these issue and actually raise expectation from players.

kfQXXww.png

So, at this point, we'd love to know a bit more from you.

• After reading our thoughts, do you believe we're heading into the right direction?
  • Is there anything regarding the profession system that we shouldn't miss?
  • And about the world dynamism and triggered events?

7byvixd.png

I'd also like to take the chance to retake our previous question:

• We have noticed that some teams of players have advanced very fast on the main questline, skipping interesting bosses, or being outleveled at the point of doing specific quests.

• Do you believe the experience stages are too high this season?

Might as well post yet another post, hopefully it helps. I'll just mention the last question in this post.

Do you believe the experience stages are too high this season?

I do not believe the experience stages/rates are too high this season, there will always be people leveling a lot faster than others are able to. Whether that be due to the knowledge they already have, an excess of time or perhaps even both doesn't matter, fact is that it is going to happen. The stages as you have them now allow you to do the tasks necessairy for the Sarlin Society without the need of grinding/hunting monsters just for experience so you can go through a certain level door (example: You have to be level 50 to enter the Tauren dungeon in order to finish one of the tasks). If you decide to lower the experience rate, you'll probably have to make people kill more monsters per task in order to get them on to the right level to finish a certain rank of the Society.

As for advancing very fast into the main questline: this only has to do with the fact that we knew pretty much where to find everything, as well as the tasks being a lot shorter than what they used to be. We haven't been skipping interesting bosses, we've actually done most of the 'side' quest lines as well (exceptions being Ferumbras and Elementus at the moment). The only quest/boss we really outleveled was The Evil, but that's just because we didn't think he was actually worth it to farm other than for fun.

I'd also like to adress another big issue for the server over the last 2 season: lack of communication, especially ingame but also on the forums (slow answering in my opinion). I think the fact that there is no Help channel on the server is a real big turnoff for some people. I strongly believe that the play count would be way higher, possibly even close to what it was during the first 2 weeks before the DDOS attacks started to kick in, if there were 1 or 2 active players/staff members on the server to help people with whatever questions they have. A lot of people have been private msging me with questions, not only about game-play but also 'How to report bugs', 'Where are GMs', 'Where is help channel' etc. I think it'd be wise to appoint 1 or 2 active players, add them to skype and atleast give them the position of Tutor or Councellor next season. This way you guys don't have to be online all the time, yet the Tutors could ask for anything they need on Skype in order to help people (good example would've been that a tutor could've handled all the complaints about the kicks/rollbacks/deaths & given the players an estimate of when it'd be fixed and what kind of compensation there would be, instead of a few days of silence causing everyone to leave). Honestly, especially on the custom RPG servers communication is key, this should really be looked in to. I've been talking to the few friends of mine that are still actively playing, and they've all agreed so far, so please take this piece of advice and make it work out.

Well I do think that exp rates were to high... There are many side tasklines for side bosses that could be done parallel to the main taskline and they were totally unnecessary this time. The bosses were done just to get Feast of Strength.

About the bosses that were ommited and the stuff that were not discovered. That was always the problem with you guys! We need hints. We are not going to explore all the places many times just to check if something has changed. And well... in the past there were some treacherous actions from your side e.g. the stone blocking the path to Elder Guardian Quest, which we were trying to remove in 100 different ways and what happened to be the object blocking path to the unfinished content.

As far I remember the trailer says that some of the mounts gives some special attributes... perhaps you could list those so the people would actually have reason to gain them.

And yes... Mich is right... communication is the key!

I'd also like to adress another big issue for the server over the last 2 season: lack of communication, especially ingame but also on the forums (slow answering in my opinion). I think the fact that there is no Help channel on the server is a real big turnoff for some people. I strongly believe that the play count would be way higher, possibly even close to what it was during the first 2 weeks before the DDOS attacks started to kick in, if there were 1 or 2 active players/staff members on the server to help people with whatever questions they have. A lot of people have been private msging me with questions, not only about game-play but also 'How to report bugs', 'Where are GMs', 'Where is help channel' etc. I think it'd be wise to appoint 1 or 2 active players, add them to skype and atleast give them the position of Tutor or Councellor next season. This way you guys don't have to be online all the time, yet the Tutors could ask for anything they need on Skype in order to help people (good example would've been that a tutor could've handled all the complaints about the kicks/rollbacks/deaths & given the players an estimate of when it'd be fixed and what kind of compensation there would be, instead of a few days of silence causing everyone to leave). Honestly, especially on the custom RPG servers communication is key, this should really be looked in to. I've been talking to the few friends of mine that are still actively playing, and they've all agreed so far, so please take this piece of advice and make it work out.

Hmm, you have a point. The problem is that we do not have the physical time to stay online 24/7 and answer in-game. But tutors would be a good solution, indeed! =)

Well I do think that exp rates were to high... There are many side tasklines for side bosses that could be done parallel to the main taskline and they were totally unnecessary this time. The bosses were done just to get Feast of Strength.

About the bosses that were ommited and the stuff that were not discovered. That was always the problem with you guys! We need hints. We are not going to explore all the places many times just to check if something has changed. And well... in the past there were some treacherous actions from your side e.g. the stone blocking the path to Elder Guardian Quest, which we were trying to remove in 100 different ways and what happened to be the object blocking path to the unfinished content.

As far I remember the trailer says that some of the mounts gives some special attributes... perhaps you could list those so the people would actually have reason to gain them.

And yes... Mich is right... communication is the key!

Couldn't agree more with this post! Xai hit dead on with the exp, hints, mount abilities, and "misleading" stones/paths. I definitely do not want to explore everywhere at different times to find out if there is POSSIBLY a hidden area. Nor do I want to pick every single spot, because honestly, there are some really fishy spots where you'd think picking would be an option, but nope, just a false sense of hope! The only pick spot that I've found is for access to Braug.. and that was implemented for this season!

Frisiga's blizzard mechanic is also really cool. I like the idea a lot.. but the problem is the practical side of things. Frisiga is super difficult to navigate, and during a blizzard I explored all north and south of sialeth. Spent like 30-40 minutes on a lvl 200+ using strong haste. Didn't find anything different! It's stuff like this that IRKS me so much. Saber said he found 2 new things during the blizzard, and I'm sure he spent a hell of a lot longer than me exploring!

EDIT: If leveling is too fast, that means that at higher levels we will be doing what we have been doing for much longer of a time... I don't agree with that side of things. I do agree with enjoying the lower levels longer, but I don't want to be hunting the same spots I did after 150 even longer next season, that is, unless there are other attractive hunting spots to hunt at! The equipment doesn't seem to be plentiful at 200, so It's basically prison island gear, some thesaurus, then a grind to 250 for some real gear ;).

Last edited:
Yet now the main part of Frisiga, where you get sent by the Sarlin Society at some point. As opposed to the 'tutorial' part of Frisiga, this part is very, very hard to navigate through the first few times. There is nothing to point you into the real right direction of Crystal Spiders, Korzar, Frost Dragons or Sialeth. We had the advantage of playing the beta, we had been exploring Frisiga for hours there without finding the Crystal Spiders or Korzar at first, but in the end we figured their locations out. This, however, was because we are very dedicated to this server, we've experienced the first season and all it's amazing bosses, and we really wanted to progress in order to be able to battle & defeat them. On the other hand, there are quite some (I guess you can call them casual) players that have barely seen anything of the server, have had no prior experience and then get thrown into Frisiga. They wander on that continent for hours, get lost, run out of supplies or are simply to annoyed/exhausted to continue searching. I've seen numerous people complain in game-chat about Frisiga being a real labyrinth without any signs or paths to follow. They want to be able to find stuff without searching for hours, as the tasks prior to this didn't take a lot of time to find and complete either.

Yup me and my friends were lost 2x in Frisiga we had to die to get out. We had walked for hours on that shit snow & in some weird deserted town. Then with the shard collecting it only got worse. My friends quit and later also so did I.

The rest of the server was epic!

No need for more vocs (imo), 4 are just fine & balanced. The custom spells are good enough!
If you want to work on something, make big hunting spots and cool quests (you guys already doing such a great job with the quests, but there is always room for more ;)). Sometimes spawns got a bit "overhunted" when few ppl were hunting at the same place.

Also you guys started the server in a bad time (exams). Now summer holiday is starting ...

And yes active tutors are rlly needed for this server...

Yup me and my friends were lost 2x in Frisiga we had to die to get out. We had walked for hours on that shit snow & in some weird deserted town. Then with the shard collecting it only got worse. My friends quit and later also so did I.

The rest of the server was epic!

No need for more vocs (imo), 4 are just fine & balanced. The custom spells are good enough!
If you want to work on something, make big hunting spots and cool quests (you guys already doing such a great job with the quests, but there is always room for more ;)). Sometimes spawns got a bit "overhunted" when few ppl were hunting at the same place.

Also you guys started the server in a bad time (exams). Now summer holiday is starting ...

And yes active tutors are rlly needed for this server...

Gotta agree with most of this. Shard hunting wasn't really as bad though, it just required some teamhunting at a sort of 'hidden' spot with new custom monsters. I guess if more people had found out (or if we actually starting hunting there) the shards wouldn't be that bad, they could've been sold to people that weren't able to hunt there or didn't know the location. Unfortunately we kind of found out too late and a lot of players had already quit.

As for frisiga: It really needs a lot better pathing and preferably signs. The island has been explored before, else the task NPC wouldn't be able to tell you where to find the spiders, so a few signs wouldn't hurt.

As for the big hunting spots: huge yes. Right now there were no real hunting spots for good experience as a solo player (apart from Hellborns in hell if you were a knight). The only things I actually liked as a solo player were Serpent Spawns near Port Sarlin and the Dragon Lords (and this spot wasnt even really good, since quite a lot spawned in a 1x spawn, so it wasn't much of a 'PG spot'). Hunting spots like Pits of Inferno dragon lords on the 'Real Tibia' would be a good addition, somewhere you can hunt with AOE runes/spells in a high risk high reward environment.

This is one of the best servers I've played and it's the only somewhat recent server I remember playing for longer than a week or 2 which means it was impressive.
It was also the first server where I actually had a team and spoke with them through skype, teamspeak, etc.. they ended up being really cool people and it made the server A LOT more fun/interesting.
I don't think I would of played if it wasn't for them!

What you really need to fix is Frisiga and all the walking you do in the beginning of the server.
I felt that after the rotworm cave there was A LOT of walking involved and it doesn't help that you're super slow.
I'm all for exploring, but when you have to walk back and forth over the map multiple times it got really annoying..
The teleport stones were helpful but once you pass the level requirement they become useless.

The way point system you had once you reached hell was awesome!
I just wish that it was something implemented through the entire game which would help with all of that early walking.
Frisiga was just plain awful and I honestly think I would of quit during that part if it wasn't for my team. It did get somewhat better with a few fixes but it can still improve by a lot!

The vocations seemed pretty bland. I know you guys aren't the biggest fans of custom spells since they are hard to balance, but you should still try, I beg of you!
First of all most of the custom spells were not all that useful and rarely used. They were also for the most part higher level spells so you don't get to enjoy custom spells until later on.
Just because you include custom spells it doesn't mean they will be super OP, you just need to think about them.
Once you reached a certain level you were pretty much spamming the same spells for the rest of the game and it got really boring..

The zinc coins need more purposes, and the weapons you can buy with them should be removed..
I know of a few people who spent all of their time trying to get 50 zinc coins, and then only to see that the weapon they got was NOT worth it.
The weapons you get are not worth it, even at a higher level they are terrible, even more so because there are way better weapons you can get. They are just a sign of false hope!
The totems were the only things that were useful, but even those had their limits. It would be really awesome if you could add stronger totems that would be used for harder bosses.
As well as some other cool and useful things.

The raids as I've mentioned many times were pathetic and useless. There were times where cities were flooded with a set of 2-3 raids because people didn't bother doing them.
There's SO many simple things you can do to make the raids 10x better. First of all each raid should have it's own boss, and the boss should drop money, zinc coins, and perhaps a few rare items.
Maybe make the raid monsters drop some type of creature product that could be used for a quest, addon, or simply sell for money. The ideas are endless!
This way people will have an incentive to ACTUALLY do the raids. You once created a counterargument saying that the raids would kill low level players, but it's as simple as making easy raids, or make them have an isolated area.
The same thing goes for the bosses that are activated by a set number of monster kills. I feel like those didn't wield a worthy enough reward, unlike the ones in hell which gave a valuable piece of equipment.

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before as well, but it would be really nice if you made it so outfits had a purpose to them.
I previously suggested bonus to addons but the answer I got is that it would take a lot of time of time and work, which is understandable, I guess...
So instead of making outfits have bonuses maybe make them have hidden effects. For example say there is an NPC near a beach with a boat.
You can tell that he is a pirate by the outfit he is wearing; you try to speak to him but he ignores you. BUT if you have the pirate outfit and speak to him, he will see you as a fellow pirate and respond to you.
I'm not sure if this is something you can script but I feel like it could be a cool aspect to outfits aside from just cosmetics. I just feel like people should have an incentive to try to get all types of outfits!

Hell was a pretty cool place, but not entirely what I expected! I really wish there was Elite spawns for the custom monsters, but instead of zinc coins they would drop sardynx.
I know there are some mini bosses that can be triggered by monster kills, but it's not the same as an Elite!
The only place in hell that was profitable was Hellborns, and it was ONLY for knights. I make stacks of money, and more EXP than any other place in the server.
It was really lame how none of the other hunting places were viable because any other place was to hard..
Hell was also such a huge grindfest. I never grinded hard in my life lol. There was no more quests to do so the only thing was to grind and grind and grind which was insanely boring.

I'm not sure how many secrets there are that haven't been discovered yet, but don't expect us to random pick every single spot in the server!
I wish the server was filled with a lot more secrets and such, but they need to have some types of hints.
You can't expect to make secrets and then not leave any breadcrumbs for us to follow.
For pick holes, please don't make us randomly guess. Make it so that we can find information in books, NPC's and so on that help us narrow the search.

There's a lot more feedback I could write but I'm to lazy lol. I'm not sure if I'll play the server again because honestly last time it was so boring after a point.
I also don't think I would find it fun to do a replay since I'll already know a lot about the about the server.
If there were systems to make hunting fun and enjoyable then maybe I'd give it another shot, but meh.
I do have to say the blacksmithing system does seem somewhat interesting and I'm curious to see how it will work out.

Anyway you know what they say, 3rd times the charm!
I wish all season 3 team the best of luck and hopefully this will be the season where a brave group of adventures will be strong enough to face and defeat the brutal ruthless seven! :)

Back