• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~DIVERGENT~ Official Mapping Thread

Raisa Marianna

Briar Rose of the Demonai
Reaction score
roseavy1.png

And so it finally starts!!!
I've officially begun working on the map for my conceptual RPG OT, Divergent. I will not be directly talking about the server here, I've been working hard to put together a discussion thread which I will post in the very near future. But do expect some insight teasers that will go along with every screenshot I post, because each will have a story, some small and some with very large meaning to the main quest line in the server.
Either way, not everything here is final. It's all just work I've put together until the map is complete, then I'll go back and refine it all if needed. Please, no hating! I'm trying my best here and I am mapping alone, so it's not easy. Constructive criticism, tips, and ideas are all welcome!

~A Quiet Path~
As you leave the bustling city of Ranrok, this calm path into the thick forest is a pleasant change, one of the few places left in all of Amalur that any adventurer or trader can relax in peace at. It seems an aura of protection lingers in the air and no monsters ever tread here.
quietpath.png

~First Contact~
Finally, after battling through a horde of horrific enemies, you reach the apparent end of your quest, the clearing thought to be just a rumor for no man nor woman has ever made it out of the forest alive. You walk into the small open space and immediately feel something. Something not human, a powerful presence invisible to your eye. The very air seems to be vibrating. Surely, a Monolith lays in the middle of the clearing on a stone pedestal and in front of it, in the grass which differs from all the grass around it, lays a stone plate with hieroglyphics inscribed on it. This is it, you tell yourself. You have found a fabled Monolith. Something inside of you changes.
firstcontacth.png

Last edited:
Looking good as far as I can tell. I'm not quite sure if I like the extreme overkilling frame, but the mapping itself is charming! It's very realistic, for example the "dead" tree with all the leaves on the ground looks extremely realistic, and it's very well done. Good job :)

Dat grass sprite
evil-grin-smiley-face-qrKhlC.jpg

One day I shall spam the shit out of that epicness.

Lookin good. I'm excited to see how you handle towns/cities.

Thank you, Orkanite!!! Haha yeah, that grass turned out really cool in my opinion :p
And just wait a little while and you'll see. Working on one of the 4 starting towns as I speak :)

Haha why u added a wh40 dark angels symbol xP

It's neat, the advice from me will be to cover those thick borders with thin ones (I hate when someone puts the thick grass borders on a grass when it's not necessary (and it rarley is))

35iyxee.png

And if with that thing done the shape will get too boring just randomize it in other ways.

What's the id of that thick grass sprites in last picture?

Great mapping!

Surely, a Monolith lays in the middle of the clearing on a stone pedestal and in front of it, in the grass which differs from all the grass around it, lays a stone plate with hieroglyphics inscribed on it. This is it, you tell yourself. You have found a fabled Monolith. Something inside of you changes.

Do you know what is written on that stone plate? :)

Of course I do, Arkshi! I can't tell you, it's part of the quest which belongs to the main quest line!

But thank you everyone!!
@no1, I did do that thin-overlap-thick bordering with the grass o_o Also I don't know what you mean by wh40, but that angel emblem is a custom work from someone on Deviant art, then I edited it to split the light n dark colors.
@Summ, the id is 19433

Oohh, I see the similarities there! Not exactly the same, and I'm pretty sure a lot of "angel" things have the same idea for looks and whatnot, but those are some cool little things! A little creepy too actually o.o

~EDIT~

How's the border now? :p

Last edited:
Thanks! Sorry I've been inactive for a little while now, been suuuuuper busy. But finally got some breathing time. Mapping right now!

Back