• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you believe in aliens?

Do you believe in aliens?

• Total voters
70 000 000 000 000 000 000 000
is the aproximate number of planets that exist in the known universe.
It is said that aproximatelly 1 out of 200 planets is able to hold life.
One of each 15 000 planets is aproximatelly identical to earth.

I'll leave the maths up to you :)

Brb going to check if I can live there xDDDDD
BTW, they have found a trash and footsteps on the moon before 1 week, check it out.

Pretty damn sure that thats not right.
So far is the earth the only planet that has been discovered with an atmosphere that can hold/create life.

So im pretty sure that its not right that every 15 thousands planet is like earth, atleast havent we found another one yet.

Ahhh and yes i do believe that its possible that life exists out there but i dont think that there are any aliens on earth.
I mean if there were creatures that are smart enough to move that far from theyr homeplanet and land on earth than would they prolly be far more advanced than we are and than would shit go down.
Our history has shown us that the outcome of *high* advanced cultures meeting old and *outdated* cultures is that the old cultures get slaves/get annihilated.

I don't believe in anything that can't be proved. Are there extraterrestrial life forms? Yes, they're called spirits, and there has been much evidence of them. But as far as carbon-based life forms or any other tangible life form, that's one of those things we just won't know until we find it. As far as inhabitable planets go, they have to be just the right distance from their heat source to be inhabitable, and so far I don't think any suitable planets have been found. However, there are some creatures on our planet that can live at freezing temperatures such as the ice worms that live in the ice: The Seattle Times: Local News: Ice worms: They're real, and they're hot

So as far as other life goes, who knows what kind of life it could be if it did exist? The possibilities are endless. One of these days we might find out for sure.

But as far as carbon-based life forms or any other tangible life form, that's one of those things we just won't know until we find it. As far as inhabitable planets go, they have to be just the right distance from their heat source to be inhabitable, and so far I don't think any suitable planets have been found. However, there are some creatures on our planet that can live at freezing temperatures such as the ice worms that live in the ice: The Seattle Times: Local News: Ice worms: They're real, and they're hot
You might find this article interesting: ESO - eso1134 - Fifty New Exoplanets Discovered by HARPS
Especially this part:
With upgrades to both hardware and software systems in progress, HARPS is being pushed to the next level of stability and sensitivity to search for rocky planets that could support life. Ten nearby stars similar to the Sun were selected for a new survey. These stars had already been observed by HARPS and are known to be suitable for extremely precise radial velocity measurements. After two years of work, the team of astronomers has discovered five new planets with masses less than five times that of Earth.

#Thread:
We can't just discard any possible option with no proof whatsoever.

Pretty damn sure that thats not right.
So far is the earth the only planet that has been discovered with an atmosphere that can hold/create life.

So im pretty sure that its not right that every 15 thousands planet is like earth, atleast havent we found another one yet.

Ahhh and yes i do believe that its possible that life exists out there but i dont think that there are any aliens on earth.
I mean if there were creatures that are smart enough to move that far from theyr homeplanet and land on earth than would they prolly be far more advanced than we are and than would shit go down.
Our history has shown us that the outcome of *high* advanced cultures meeting old and *outdated* cultures is that the old cultures get slaves/get annihilated.

I think you misunderstood. With "identical" to earth I meant that the distance to the star/the star itself and the radius is almost identical to earth. That doesn't imply that the plant is holding an atmosphre, which is just the product of a really random process.

None of you can prove I exist...
But still here I am, making noises.
Actually, your just "writing" and sending us text. We haven't heard your voice, you could be a very advanced bot.

Edit: OnT: We can't be alone, it's not even out of the question.

Last edited:
It has been scientifically proven that there are parallel universe's. That there are two or more of everyone/everything in our universe.
I saw a documentary on history channel a couple months ago, some really well reputed scientists proved their theories.

Weird huh? So they think that "worm" holes connect these universes.

@Topic,
We can't be alone, that would just be stupid.

It is not science fact it is still science theory!. They have intentionally created pathways to other dimensions, in the hope of extracting energy from there!. No data from another dimension has been recorded yet tho!.

Back onto the Title subject..

Have a ponder on some of these amazing facts!

There are approx 500 billion galaxy's in the universe.
There are hundreds of billions of stars in each galaxy.
There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on earth.
There is something called a habitable zone of solar systems.
There are requirements for life to grow such as water, acids minerals etc.
We have found potentially habitable planets Scientists Discover Potentially Habitable Alien Planet | Science and Technology | English
The question should be re-written. Are there intelligent Alien life forms out there?.

I believe in Alien life forms on other planets.. it is statistically in favour towards life on other planets.
Are there intelligent life forms out there? I'm still unclear on this matter and ask what you think!.

Lets hope not.
Humans are retarded, we're killing ourselves and our planet for some fucking paper in the wallet.

=/

It's better than being completely unorganized.
You see, money made us smarter and organized.

I think it's the fact that there are many different religions that is tearing it up.

However, I just loved the fact that Stephen Hawking just recently proved that God does not exist.
Research it.

It's better than being completely unorganized.
You see, money made us smarter and organized.

I think it's the fact that there are many different religions that is tearing it up.

However, I just loved the fact that Stephen Hawking just recently proved that God does not exist.
Research it.

you mean, did he go to the big bang event 23904102019309 millions years ago?
its a human, everyone has their own thoughts and ppl believing in his bs, it's all relative.

Its like Einstein, hes an autistic lol, why do ppl listen to someone with autism?

alien life, yes

but not in the sense that some people would (every moving white light video on youtube = interdimensional superalien race come to enslave us)

i'm positive alien life hasn't visited our solar system nevermind our planet. (not for many years ofc who knows what mars was like 97t9754857475894e76894768768 years ago)

I do believe somewhere out there there is different forms of life.
However not ones that will ever come to earth.
The american goverment have made you believe in aliens, because in the next 40 years there will be an "alien attack" on earth
however this is bullshit because its just another way for america to make you accept the NWO, to prove my point watch this video.
[video=youtube;tDmG2lJ0xc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDmG2lJ0xc4[/video]

Knight of Doom,

Yes, the media has overreacted with alien beings taking over Earth, but that's the media (the most biased group of people in the whole world).
It is your choice to believe them or not, but because of today's technology, people are hearing things more often than people would in the past, thus getting them to believe in something.

However, to your point made on alien life will never enter the Earth atmosphere.
It was recently proven that bacteria was found on meteors.
So, it could be possible that a meteor strike entering Earth with bacteria will cause havoc, for example the Spanish Influenza in 1918 (one of the many theories).
And yes, this is one of the popular end of the world scenarios, some bacteria from outer space entering Earth (meteorite), virally infecting every person and completely wiping out all of life.

NOTE: Not saying this is true, but is likely, however, according to scientists, there were bacteria found on meteors.

The government is 20 years ahead of us if not more ( with technology ). they have their agendas and they plan to execute them.
Why do you think this "bacteria" was discovered and by who do you think it was?
Your town might be struck be a "meteor" tomorrow and the media will say it came from outer space, but really it can be coming from anywhere.
Take an antivirus, like norton, they spread the virus and make you buy their product so that your computer doesn't get affected.
You can compare this to what the government did with the Swine Flu or H1N1 virus pandemic, recently it was discovered who actually the spread the disease, and it was the same people who came out with the vaccine which made them millions of dollars.
So if you think a meteor striking earth will bring the end of mankind then you are mistaken because god is protecting us.
Anyway a tibia forum isnt where i should be saying this stuff so i think i will not bring this up again.

The government is 20 years ahead of us if not more ( with technology ). they have their agendas and they plan to execute them.
Why do you think this "bacteria" was discovered and by who do you think it was?
Your town might be struck be a "meteor" tomorrow and the media will say it came from outer space, but really it can be coming from anywhere.
Take an antivirus, like norton, they spread the virus and make you buy their product so that your computer doesn't get affected.
You can compare this to what the government did with the Swine Flu or H1N1 virus pandemic, recently it was discovered who actually the spread the disease, and it was the same people who came out with the vaccine which made them millions of dollars.
So if you think a meteor striking earth will bring the end of mankind then you are mistaken because god is protecting us.
Anyway a tibia forum isnt where i should be saying this stuff so i think i will not bring this up again.

Lol and you believe this?

You might find this article interesting: ESO - eso1134 - Fifty New Exoplanets Discovered by HARPS
Especially this part:

#Thread:
We can't just discard any possible option with no proof whatsoever.

Before you get too optimistic about the possibility of life on other planets, you should have a look at this article. Yes, it's a bit old, but the facts are still true, any slight variation from the orbit Earth has would not support life.

It's in the first column on the left.

The Dispatch - Google News Archive Search

"At a distance of 93 million miles from the sun, earthly temperatures have supported life. But if our earth had been slung into an orbit only 5 percent closer to the sun, a runaway greenhouse effect would have turned the planet into something like Venus—a cloud-shrouded planet with temperatures close to 900° F."

That narrows down your search for habitable planets a bit. And then there are atmospheric conditions to take into account. And beyond that we need to look at the soil/surface of the planet. It really makes you realize how special Earth is.

Heh, Norton, an Anti-Virus? It is the Virus!!! Get rid of Norton!

One last point: If there really were highly advanced tangible extraterrestrials in the universe, would it be reasonable to conclude that they would have already sent out exploring parties looking for other life? Perhaps some would have settled on our planet already, become addicted to Tibia, and have been posting here for a couple years...

Another point from that article stated that the minimum amount of time a planet needs to have temperature stability, around 3.6 billion years, is another factor that needs to be considered when looking for other life. I think some people have become overly optimistic about the possibility of life elsewhere as a result of watching sci-fi films, and they forget the basics of what life needs to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back