• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do You Care About Slow-Paced RPG Server Anymore?

Do You Care About Slow-Paced RPG Server Anymore?

• Total voters
I think there has been 10000x threads about this in otland history. However the issue is 80% of otlanders are RPG'rs/developers. The issue with that is otlanders account for 2-3% of otplayers. So when 80% say they care about RPG servers on otland, it's cause almost all of those votes are from developers, not players, or players who play for a few days then make their own project. Its like asking a baseball player what the best sport is. What do you think the answer will be?
football

I'm going to try and bring this back to the what I believe is the core argument that is left here;
What level range in Tibia do you prefer?

-50?
-80?
-100?
-200?
-500?

I believe the plateau in Tibia is about level 100.
From that level onwards, there isn't much more to gain other than stats and better efficiency in your stats/consumables (simply due to Tibia's infinite scaling).

I personally like the 50-100 level range as there is always something stronger than you (something to strive towards) and something you can't solo yet..
But you are still high enough level to effectively roam nearly anywhere and take on the majority of what the game can throw at you.

I find PVP is still within an acceptable balance (Comboes are still valid, 1-2 seconds of panic or doing the wrong thing and you're dead.)
Compare this to 200+ where its just a button mash / paralyze trap until you're consumables run out.

@Leo32
  1. Log on level 100
  2. Hi Thais Yes
  3. Hi Roshamuul Yes
  4. Take a stroll around Guzzlemaw Valley and tell me you survived everything Tibia threw at you :D
VSjdCJp.png

@Leo32
  1. Log on level 100
  2. Hi Thais Yes
  3. Hi Roshamuul Yes
  4. Take a stroll around Guzzlemaw Valley and tell me you survived everything Tibia threw at you :D
VSjdCJp.png
I'll be honest, my opinion is biased as I haven't actually played RL tibia since yalahar and my high level chars are 150~.

Do these new areas have anything more to them bar higher dmg/hp monsters?
Is there any mechanic that actually adds to the regular tibia combat mechanic?

If not, my point still stands.

@Leo32
Currently the strongest normal monster in the game: Sight of Surrender
Old bosses like Orshabaal, Ghazbaran and Morgaroth is nothing compared to the new ones, for example: Gaz'haragoth, Devovorga, Omrafir, Gnomevil, Prince Drazzak and Abyssador.
Killing those bosses requires a huge chunk of your servers high level characters, and the rewards are insane.
Other new features is raids that makes otherwise pretty easy spawns into a hellish nightmare, there are creatures everywhere, promoting teamhunting instead of soloing, like Underground Glooth Factory and Guzzlemaw Valley. Getting trapped or stuck somewhere will most likely lead to your death.
The new creatures can use spells that reduces your magic level, preventing you from healing and other stuff.
The game is more of a hack and slash, lure a bunch of monsters aoe them down, rince and repeat. The new places are built to be hunting grounds, where mobs comes in packs instead of being carefully placed down at a spot where it would be logical to be one.
You could ofcourse kill them one by one like the old times, but it wouldn't be efficient.
This spot is The Spike (middle floor)
i7z7B7R.png

There are creatures pretty much everywhere.

From my point of view, Tibia was never a game I could enjoy before. Mostly because of the extremely boring and repetitive gameplay, rightclick a creature, press a hotkey, rince and repeat. The gameplay is much more active nowadays and requires you to be very good at the game, however you can also see the game has lost alot of money leading to CipSoft's loss of effort and passion. All hunting grounds are pretty much autoborder infestation, making as big hunting grounds as possible with as little effort as possible. Quality has gone down significally and the game has lost its soul. (see: Venore Coryms) (and also, create a new character and check out Dawnport, try not to laugh at the quality of mapping)

tl;dr:
  • killing bosses is a whole new thing
  • raids is a whole new thing
  • the gameplay is much more active
  • party hunting is a thing
  • the game has lost its soul
  • cipsoft value quantity over quality and has lost their passion
  • new hunting grounds are completely randomly placed on different unused areas of the map without making much sense

Last edited:
@Leo32
Currently the strongest normal monster in the game: Sight of Surrender
Old bosses like Orshabaal, Ghazbaran and Morgaroth is nothing compared to the new ones, for example: Gaz'haragoth, Devovorga, Omrafir, Gnomevil, Prince Drazzak and Abyssador.
Killing those bosses requires a huge chunk of your servers high level characters, and the rewards are insane.
Other new features is raids that makes otherwise pretty easy spawns into a hellish nightmare, there are creatures everywhere, promoting teamhunting instead of soloing, like Underground Glooth Factory and Guzzlemaw Valley. Getting trapped or stuck somewhere will most likely lead to your death.
The new creatures can use spells that reduces your magic level, preventing you from healing and other stuff.
The game is more of a hack and slash, lure a bunch of monsters aoe them down, rince and repeat. The new places are built to be hunting grounds, where mobs comes in packs instead of being carefully placed down at a spot where it would be logical to be one.
You could ofcourse kill them one by one like the old times, but it wouldn't be efficient.
This spot is The Spike (middle floor)
i7z7B7R.png

There are creatures pretty much everywhere.

From my point of view, Tibia was never a game I could enjoy before. Mostly because of the extremely boring and repetitive gameplay, rightclick a creature, press a hotkey, rince and repeat. The gameplay is much more active nowadays and requires you to be very good at the game, however you can also see the game has lost alot of money leading to CipSoft's loss of effort and passion. All hunting grounds are pretty much autoborder infestation, making as big hunting grounds as possible with as little effort as possible. Quality has gone down significally and the game has lost its soul. (see: Venore Coryms) (and also, create a new character and check out Dawnport, try not to laugh at the quality of mapping)

tl;dr:
  • killing bosses is a whole new thing
  • raids is a whole new thing
  • the gameplay is much more active
  • party hunting is a thing
  • the game has lost its soul
  • cipsoft value quantity over quality and has lost their passion
  • new hunting grounds are completely randomly placed on different unused areas of the map without making much sense

Cipsoft probably noticed what we were doing. (We basically take the fun parts of tibia, and try to design entire servers around it, skipping all the boring parts)
So they tried to copy it. (Which is when Yalahar appeared with it's almost Evo-Style server setup, and then they started making chaotic hunting areas with way too many monsters to see if people liked it.

Guess what? Everyone lives in Yalahar, and only hunts monster-spammed monsters.

I would say the OT Community is the cause of most of the lame new changes to tibia. Instead of thinking of their own ideas, they just look at our OT Servers and try to copy us.

Cipsoft probably noticed what we were doing. (We basically take the fun parts of tibia, and try to design entire servers around it, skipping all the boring parts)
So they tried to copy it. (Which is when Yalahar appeared with it's almost Evo-Style server setup, and then they started making chaotic hunting areas with way too many monsters to see if people liked it.

Guess what? Everyone lives in Yalahar, and only hunts monster-spammed monsters.

I would say the OT Community is the cause of most of the lame new changes to tibia. Instead of thinking of their own ideas, they just look at our OT Servers and try to copy us.
competition makes world go around.

Back