• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you think Moderators abuse their power?

Do you think power abuse and disregard for rules is a problem with moderators?

• Yes

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Do you think moderators abuse their power? Now this is not a question about ALL moderators, and some are very good and try their best. But I think there are many who abuse their power, OR they are simply careless and do pretty much whatever they want. So the real question is, do you think Power Abuse and carelessness is a problem with OtLand moderators?

Never had problems with any neither have i seen them PA, so no, if u get banned or w/e than uve fucked up, not them.

Well I have never gotten banned, but in my opinion I have mostly SEEN(although experienced a little) power abuse.

Well yeah as i stated i havent seen any power absuing so far and im a member for like a year now ^^

You can contact any of our administrators if you think or know there's power abuse in staff ;).

I've never been treated unfairly/poorly by a moderator. I was a member of OTland for almost two and a half years before I became a moderator, and I had never once felt that way, nor received an infraction/banishment because I have acted accordingly. I think you should be okay if you follow the rules, but my opinion will probably be counted as biased.

Much love regardless,
Red

Nope I haven't seen any kind of power abuse(though there are some that are strict), but they are following their guide lines on moderation.
I've been infracted before but it was appropriate, since I was trolling, it's only appropriate to infract a troll.

Nothing at all here.

If your post/thread gets deleted, there's a reason for it.

I have been here since april 2008, so ha almost 3 years (god damn), and i have never encountered a power abuse problem by any mods, so as what Gldnbr said if something gets deleted theres obviously a valid reason.

yes :S krokodildo and tableture are biggest power abuser :S thats why they have one of the funniest and coolest community ive ever seen

Yes, I know a few power abusing mods.

Take Delirium for an example, he gives me infractions for reason "X",
And when he abuses reason "X" himself, he deletes his own rule-breaking post.
I've seen this multiple times, however he still denies, lol.

Its fun how Moderators trying to make them look cool. They are locking complain threas which bad. What happens if they want continue discuss it. just saying it. Complain is an complain and it will end until and Adminstrator locks it or the member wins. Just not fair. We member cannot even do anything against the abuse.. When people complain with name Fairywintah2 just example they get banned when you lock the thread.. Is it fair CyberM, Red or any mod? huh?

I've never been treated unfairly/poorly by a moderator. I was a member of OTland for almost two and a half years before I became a moderator, and I had never once felt that way, nor received an infraction/banishment because I have acted accordingly. I think you should be okay if you follow the rules, but my opinion will probably be counted as biased.

Much love regardless,
Red

Every opinion counts...I'm not saying all moderators are like this, I know a lot of moderators who truly try to stick to the rules and enforce them impartially, and they treat the members' opinions with respect. But I feel that many times posts(mainly complaints) get deleted for A REASON yes, but many times that "reason" is not justifiable. If a thread is started in feedback with a complaint and the moderator closes it because in his opinion it's "solved", than that is simply not right. A thread should only be closed by a moderator if: the author requests it, the thread is not in the right sub-forum or is off-topic, or if the thread is offensive, or promotes violence, prejudice, or offensive means. Otherwise there is no reason to delete it because it is the moderator's "opinion". So this may not be classified as power abuse, but it should NOT be happening.

Every opinion counts...I'm not saying all moderators are like this, I know a lot of moderators who truly try to stick to the rules and enforce them impartially, and they treat the members' opinions with respect. But I feel that many times posts(mainly complaints) get deleted for A REASON yes, but many times that "reason" is not justifiable. If a thread is started in feedback with a complaint and the moderator closes it because in his opinion it's "solved", than that is simply not right. A thread should only be closed by a moderator if: the author requests it, the thread is not in the right sub-forum or is off-topic, or if the thread is offensive, or promotes violence, prejudice, or offensive means. Otherwise there is no reason to delete it because it is the moderator's "opinion". So this may not be classified as power abuse, but it should NOT be happening.
"He who seeks for methods without having a definite problem in mind seeks in the most part in vain." ...just saying.

#Thread:
I've been a member for a long time before becoming a Moderator and... no. No one has ever abused his position against me or anyone I know.

Last edited:
Back