• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you think Moderators abuse their power?

Do you think power abuse and disregard for rules is a problem with moderators?

• Yes

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
"He who seeks for methods without having a definite problem in mind seeks in the most part in vain." ...just saying.

You are quoting David Hilbert, a mathematician? This quote is about mathematics, not life. And yes I do have a "definite problem" in mind, if you read my post carefully, "carelessness" is in there. And I think deleting posts at will because you THINK it is solved(when it really isn't) is carelessness.

http://otland.net/f57/starting-new-...-20-mins-ago-green-valley-122523/#post1196861

Instead of delete his post, CyberM liked his post. That post was IMO pretty insulting and off topic.

You want ... to be ... ?
943168102d1240847848-english-spam-thread-successful_troll2.jpg

You are quoting David Hilbert, a mathematician? This quote is about mathematics, not life. And yes I do have a "definite problem" in mind, if you read my post carefully, "carelessness" is in there. And I think deleting posts at will because you THINK it is solved(when it really isn't) is carelessness.

Quotes about mathematics, or any other subject, -can- be applied to other subject areas.

@Thread
I've never seen any abuse here on OTLand, which is pretty awesome, just shows that the moderator choices have been pretty solid. Besides, there would not be much "power" to abuse to begin with. Anyway, that's simply my piece.

Oh, and by the way, strict moderation is -not- power abuse.

Quotes about mathematics, or any other subject, -can- be applied to other subject areas.

@Thread
I've never seen any abuse here on OTLand, which is pretty awesome, just shows that the moderator choices have been pretty solid. Besides, there would not be much "power" to abuse to begin with. Anyway, that's simply my piece.

Oh, and by the way, strict moderation is -not- power abuse.

Yes but the quote doesn't apply here, as I laid out SPECIFIC problem. Strict-moderation would be good, if they were strict on everyone, rather than "bipolar" regarding their decisions, one day they ban every offense, the other they let everything slide. And they give so many exceptions. Many moderators enforce their own rules, not OtLand rules.

Do you think moderators abuse their power? Now this is not a question about ALL moderators, and some are very good and try their best. But I think there are many who abuse their power, OR they are simply careless and do pretty much whatever they want. So the real question is, do you think Power Abuse and carelessness is a problem with OtLand moderators?

I don't think they abuse anything. Abuse is a strong word, as well as hate. I would say that some moderator's let their feelings get involved with their actions, leading to quick decisions when moderating. An example would be (hypothetically) that you made a thread accusing one person of stealing and that person happens to be friends with a global moderator, he then asks for it to be removed based on "speculation" and "false accusations" which seems legit at the time, but the moderator has no reason to disagree because they are friends and it seems to be as he says, so the thread is removed. Not really abuse, but it's still not good.

It's a common situation but if you have a problem with it, contact a moderator and speak with him/her, don't make flaming threads.

Last edited:
I don't think they abuse anything. Abuse is a strong word, as well as hate. I would say that some moderator's let their feelings get involved with their actions, leading to quick decisions when moderating. An example would be (hypothetically) that you made a thread accusing one person of stealing and that person happens to be friends with a global moderator, he then asks for it to be removed based on "speculation" and "false accusations" which seems legit at the time, but the moderator has no reason to disagree because they are friends and it seems to be as he says, so the thread is removed. Not really abuse, but it's still not good.

It's a common situation but if you have a problem with it, contact a moderator and speak with him/her, don't make flaming threads.

That is the biggest problem I am discussing...that's what I mean by carelessness...as well as bias. There is very little full-on abuse...but a problems till exists and it needs to be addressed before more moderators start actually full-on abusing their privileges. This isn't a flaming thread, I posted my opinion and asked for others. Every opinion is valued, whether it agrees with mine or not, I appreciate the input.

I'm sorry that we can't be perfect, but what can we do? The best we can I guess.
Addendum 4:
Harrassing moderators for one of their actions is not acceptable. Sometimes we are streched and we have to make difficult decisions. However, we are just doing our job. A punishment isn't something that should be taken personal. You can also help with rule enforcement by pressing the "Report" button whenever you find something that is problematic. You can complain for an unjustified action using the Feedback board but you may not attack the responsible moderator in a personal manner. We are all humans, we also make mistakes.

I'm sorry that we can't be perfect, but what can we do? The best we can I guess.

In my opinion many of the things moderators do is far beyond "difficult decisions", and is more comparable to careless and bias decisions. Many times I've seen moderators simply choose random posts(that did violate a rule) to delete, and they kept other offensive ones. Once again, in my opinion careless and bias decision making as well as some power abuse is a problem on OtLand, and some people agree and others don't.

Yes I think all moderators abuse!! I don't know the rules on Otland and I never read sticky threads but I still know they abuse very much!!! They don't follow rules!! I make thread with .exe in datapack and they don't approve??? I make thread and want Cykotitans phonenumber, they close!! :( VERY BAD MODERATORS!!!! <_<:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Moderators who abuse their powers always loses their position. ;) (a).
Except Elf.

Its not possible for admins to abuse their powers, they can just "use" them. Thanks to them we have a forum.

Why are someone strictly moderated while others not?
Because someone hates you and report every suspicious post you have, while you dont fight back and leave his suspicious post alone yet to fall into the dust without moderation.
There is 1 million 8 thousand++ posts on otland.

Reporting post certainly gives you a lot of power. Its like being the otland police. While moderators are the judge who decide what action, judgement, punishment you receive for the post. Which can be anything from a post deletion to a banishment.

Last edited:
@up batman is here! lol,:w00t:

@topic
They have the right with everything they do, cause they have been chosen to be mod and they should have an excellent reason using it.:D

The best thing about them is they try their best, and thats most important thing ever!

I think this thread should be closed cause the owner of otland forum tala with his community agreed and chose the right people to moderate , so i think they have the right to do any action they want to do, they got thier own reason no need to discuss about them, thanks to them the forum is stable and fair enough, also i would love to thank them for what they are doing and i hope they continue this awesome work :),,,

Its unnecessary to chat about them this thread should be closed

I think this thread should be closed cause the owner of otland forum tala with his community agreed and chose the right people to moderate , so i think they have the right to do any action they want to do, they got thier own reason no need to discuss about them, thanks to them the forum is stable and fair enough, also i would love to thank them for what they are doing and i hope they continue this awesome work :),,,

Its unnecessary to chat about them this thread should be closed

Well many people disagree that all of the moderators are doing a good job. Why should the thread be closed? Nobody is flaming or insulting moderators, just stating their opinions, and we have a right to free speech so this thread should stay open since it is where people voice their opinions.

But it isnt going to get you anywhere dixter, so its just a waste of time to discuss this~

Back