• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

does anyone ever enjoy skilling? please get rid of it in ot servers.

true warrior

Reaction score
why would a game require you to spend hours and hours just so you are strong enough to actually play and go hunt? isnt it stupid? i think its just so sad that part of the game that prevents new players from joining...
for real, you start as a new player in tibia and try to go hunt whatever monster, you just can't, cause you have low skills, so the thing you will want to do is spend 5 hours to reach 50 sword figthing to go hunt trolls, and then you have to spend 50 more hours to have 70 skills so you can go hunt a cyclop, and then you have to spend 100 more hours to have 80 skill so you can go hunt dragons, and if you dont skill you dont enjoy the game, but skilling is boring and idk why i ever played normal tiba.
in my opinion every new ot server should get rid of that stupid system, do it for lvls... you are lvl 8? ok yo got 50 skills
you are lvl 20? ok 60, lvl 100? ok now you have 90 skill, or just get rid of it enirely, points per lvl are a thing in lots of servers.
please do everyone a favor and get rid of skilling entirely.
if you have to spend more time afk skilling than actually hunting doing quests or whatever you want its not even a fun game anymore

We should all start at level 3k, wanna fight cyclops at level 8? can't because you will die. wanna hunt dragons at level 15? can't because you will die. Why not just start at level 3k so we can all go around killing all monsters and soloing all quests?
/s

It's all part of the grind, if you spend more time skilling it will usually lead to not leaving the server as easily since you've already invested time (even if its just logging in to click the training monk or whatever), I don't enjoy the low level hunts but I still do them so I can go and fight stronger monsters and do hard quests.

What's the point of playing a game where you must grind if you don't want to grind?

I do agree that it's tedious and annoying to train your skills but it makes you feel like it was time well spent since everything gets easier.

one thing is the grinding of lvling and actually doing smthing, another is that you are a slave of skilling like in old tibia, or most low exp servers nowdays, that you cant even go exp if you dont spend anbother 5 hours or a week skilling just so you can "start" playing

i've played couple servers where u spent points per lvl instead of skilling and they were lacking something... like u cant go semi afk watch some netflix and make ur character stronger meanwhile

theres need of some semi-afk activity in tibia

skilling in ots IS VERY IMPORTANT AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THIS:

IT INCREASES YOUR ONLINE PLAYERS COUNT

that is sad, but that is it, sadly the more you can make your players afk, the better (see ots with 8 hours exercise weapons lol)

what I would do in a perfect world where online player count didn't matter:
  • make players earn skill lvls by leveling up (make players start with "decent" skill at least, like 40)
  • make players to have a limit of training time and to refill this limited time they would need to go hunt
  • make offline training interesting AND with a cost
etc

what I hate more about what is happening nowadays is the popular "isolated training monks", remember old days where you could walk around a training room and see if there were players and stuff? now you just can't, players are hidden somewhere in the map because of that infinite training room script concept...

the skills are in the player not the character
This is sort of true, however if you play Tibia or any other game that's an Role playing game (RPG) skills really matters. Same comes down to rings and special equipment.
If you meet someone without anything, you're prob going to win if you have better equipment and skills.

I agree with Punker's point about the training monks, however. If you want an OT like Call of duty, move over to a game where you grind for weapon skills instead of character skills. There's no way to make a perfect system without flaws. There's always someone that does not like what you make.

For servers that does not care about afk stats can counter it, however the point Punker once again made. Start skills higher then 10 or 0 and rates better then real tibia's is a better way of countering that.

I remember playing server (7.4 i think) where you had shop near depo and you could buy "training scrolls" that gave you x amount of progress (i think it was comparable to x500 hits, im not sure). 1st tier scrolls (30-50), 2nd tier scrolls (50-x i dont remember), and 3rd tier (dont remember). You started with 30 dist i think. Mlvl training was based on scrolls too (but they cost more). There was no shop for rl money.
Server was x2 exp with x1 loot rate and task system. You invested all your money from lootbags and hunts in training scrolls and mage characters farmed low lvl tasks for longer
The idea of this was very enjoyable because you didn't need to spend time training.
Server died after 1 month i think but the idea of training was different

I remember playing server (7.4 i think) where you had shop near depo and you could buy "training scrolls" that gave you x amount of progress (i think it was comparable to x500 hits, im not sure). 1st tier scrolls (30-50), 2nd tier scrolls (50-x i dont remember), and 3rd tier (dont remember). You started with 30 dist i think. Mlvl training was based on scrolls too (but they cost more). There was no shop for rl money.
Server was x2 exp with x1 loot rate and task system. You invested all your money from lootbags and hunts in training scrolls and mage characters farmed low lvl tasks for longer
The idea of this was very enjoyable because you didn't need to spend time training.
Server died after 1 month i think but the idea of training was different
As I mentioned before, there's no system that would be perfect for everyone. It's the same concept there as on the normal system. You farm to gain skills, however you just bypass the time standing still training instead.

Myself I'd prefer the normal system, however make a speedup on the training attack speed or something instead. There's lots of ways of doing it however, which one would suit it is the question.

One wrong step can go terribly wrong, I am a small fan of the real tibia training method. However, I'd prefer not to stand afk 10 hours a day on an ot server to gain skills. That's why I am botting aswell cus let's be real. OT's 2022. Noone wants to manually level on them unless they're special. Like Therran, that kind of server is another topic.

Simple solution:
1. Add scrolls that gives you x500 hits each usage, costs a little more then the other way of training.
2. Higher the speed of the normal training way (Exercise) with X4 to minimize the time skilling but have it cheaper then the scrolls.
3. Fuck offline training, speed it up with X100. (Joke)

There's two simple solutions that may destroy a server or actually be helpful
9cd88d7c46fe6d59f43677d7a82db80e.gif

Last edited:
IT INCREASES YOUR ONLINE PLAYERS COUNT
This is the only real reason. We are talking about big numbers, even 40% of total players online.

What I thought would be great is adjusting damage formulas to be more early-game friendly and add skill exp for killing monsters (something like in Runescape). That way you can start leveling right away after you login for the first time, instead of searching for trainers room. To save some numbers in online count, trainers could still be a thing but with really slow skilling rate.

Some people make it sound like you can't play the game as a knight/paladin or even mage if skills/mlvl are not easily obtained... If thats the case then I would say its bad game design from the OTS developer.

If you can't start lvling right away and enjoy the game because you dont have the necessary skills to do so, they have failed.

Also, I think its good if there is something like skilling which is time consuming, but I would say its more fitting for mid/late game, this way you will by then already be familiar with the game and content. Making it easier to decide if its worth to spend time on or not :)

If you can't start lvling right away and enjoy the game because you dont have the necessary skills to do so, they have failed.
No one said you can't. It's just easier to start with 120 sword fighting and skip a lot of early trash mobs because you are dealing 10x more damage.

No one said you can't. It's just easier to start with 120 sword fighting and skip a lot of early trash mobs because you are dealing 10x more damage.
Exactly.

I have knights i've lvled without training. Certainly easier now that you can use offline training though.

Ofc it's easier, but why would you prefer to start with 120 in sword fighting and skip low level content? Because you have played tibia before and would probably like to get to the fun part right away. This is if we are talking about real tibia.

As a new player you want to get to know the game, but these offline training system take the struggle out which is not necessarily a good thing.

If we are talking about starting with high skills in an OTS and skip early gameplay, I'd say it's a bad idea as well. If the game is properly planned/designed there is no need to skip these "trash mobs" as I believe it should be fun and engaging while the players get a feeling of the type of server that they are playing.

Ofc it's easier, but why would you prefer to start with 120 in sword fighting and skip low level content? Because you have played tibia before and would probably like to get to the fun part right away. This is if we are talking about real tibia.

As a new player you want to get to know the game, but these offline training system take the struggle out which is not necessarily a good thing.

If we are talking about starting with high skills in an OTS and skip early gameplay, I'd say it's a bad idea as well. If the game is properly planned/designed there is no need to skip these "trash mobs" as I believe it should be fun and engaging while the players get a feeling of the type of server that they are playing.
Every server (or even every MMORPG game in that matter) focuses on end game for a reason. Early game is temporary, end game lasts forever. You can't add new stuff to early game content because majority of players won't experience it anymore, they are way past that. Early game will never, ever, be as engaging as end game and this is not a design flaw at all.

Tibia isn't every mmo. It's Tibia. The reason it's not boring as shit like every other mmo. imo

Tibia doesn't have end game, it never ends. It just has harder content. It has no limits for anything.

To say getting skills to play is boring, they should start at X/X. May as well say, you should also start at lvl 300 and have good items as well.

"End game" is end game because people worked hard already. You don't get to start the game at "end game". Particularly with a game like tibia where there is no end in sight.

These are individual opinions though. Some people like it, some people don't mind. Some people hate it with passion :)

Personally I like(d) training back in the day. It's basically non-existant any more with offline training options and training weapons. Old tibia was less about just grinding and killing as many mobs hard and fast as possible and was more about socializing and an RPG.

Tibia isn't every mmo.
But it is, in every aspect.
Tibia doesn't have end game, it never ends. It just has harder content. It has no limits for anything.
It has end game and it does end. It ends when you have nothing new to do. That's why Cipsoft is adding new content to the end game, not early or mid game.

Back