• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

does anyone ever enjoy skilling? please get rid of it in ot servers.

Yes, I enjoyed it on Tibia in the old days. It was strategic and required some finesse, particularly with slimes. It was worth the investment of time back then and enabled me to hunt stronger creatures unlike others.

And don’t forget, it was extremely useful on team hunts (e.g. blocking or healing on a hydra hunt). People would message me and ask me to log in, so we can go hunting or questing. It was actually beneficial to train and made my involvement important.

Every server (or even every MMORPG game in that matter) focuses on end game for a reason. Early game is temporary, end game lasts forever. You can't add new stuff to early game content because majority of players won't experience it anymore, they are way past that. Early game will never, ever, be as engaging as end game and this is not a design flaw at all.
Focus on end game content is a must for long term survival, I agree on that, I did not say the opposite. But If you look at the current state of OTS, people will not get to end game if your early content is not good enough. They will simply log out if its not fun.

Also understandable that you can't just add new things to early game if players are past that. But if they are not, then it makes sense to do so as it gives the developers a chance to showcase features early on.

Tibia doesn't have end game, it never ends. It just has harder content. It has no limits for anything.
End game on rl starts as early as lvl 40 for mages and 100-200 for rp/ek. I define end-game as when you stop learning new ways to play and are 'stuck' playing the same exact way just with different enemies and quests for the purpose of "grinding". With tibia that's as soon as a mage can hunt with aoe for example.

Watching a lvl 3000 play tibia looks identical to a lvl 100, it's stupid.

@topic i love oldschool skilling, it's very social and introduces amazing dynamics into the game. It's a core part of tibia imo. As for trainers, as said before it's just online count.

• make players earn skill lvls by leveling up (make players start with "decent" skill at least, like 40)
  • make players to have a limit of training time and to refill this limited time they would need to go hunt
  • make offline training interesting AND with a cost
But low skills have their place. What would the difference be between killing a rat and a spider if you would just one-hit it with a rapier? lol

This thread is wrong at its core, some people want easy progression, to be honest, they don't even want to progress, they want to feel like they are progressing.
Hence offline training and other bullshit mechanics.

,,Rookgard? Im way past that'' mentality:
It always bothered me how most of the people react to the fact that after coming back to the game their characters are stronger and progress faster, seemingly it's them (players) that have grown and are more efficient now, while in fact (that majority seem to miss), they are worse than they ever were, but the game tricks them into thinking otherwise.
This is why I hate new tibia, no skill involved, scammy devs with endless money-hunger (,,screw the economy, here are the potions that you can buy with euro''), tricking not-so-bright people into thinking that they progress, while they actually regress.
...just to milk them, fuck.

But it is, in every aspect.
No it's not. There is OSRS and maybe UO but an MMO like Tibia doesn't exist. Goddamn even Tibia doesn't exist anymore really, whatever is running on Cips servers rn is barely even the same game.

i just say that when i go into an ot server i want to experience something new, and if i have to go skilling in 10+ servers and none of those are even to my liking? whats the point, i have downloaded so many ots so far, i got to a point that if it is not 100% custom i dont even bother, cause as someone mentioned above, we all have already played tibia from lvl 1 several times, some ppl might enjoy it, but i think that most of us are just bored of it at this point, cause most servers that require skilling you just see 100 players online but 95 of them are bots, just and the other 5 are 2 guys with multiclient

Back