• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does the OT scene need an exorcism? (food for thought)

e.e

Divine Intellect
Solutions
Reaction score
Quoting @Marcus from his DarkOT thread:
People always complain these days, it's sad.
Many years ago, all forums was filled with was life threads..
Today, life threads are dead and complainers took their place in daily updates :(
I thought this was an interesting observation from a psychological or spiritual perspective if it's true, and it might be.
So is this trend related to bullying and insanity increasing in the world in general or is it just the OT scene that's gotten more negative, maybe because the magic has been lost?
In fact perhaps what the scene needs is to have its soul cleansed?
How do we proceed?
Does anyone have some OT holy water?
Do we have any OT priests around to perform the necessary rituals?
Or do we let the zombies run amok?
Perhaps we're entering a zombie world.
How will this end? :)

Quoting @Marcus from his DarkOT thread:

I thought this was an interesting observation from a psychological or spiritual perspective if it's true, and it might be.
So is this trend related to bullying and insanity increasing in the world in general or is it just the OT scene that's gotten more negative, maybe because the magic has been lost?
In fact perhaps what the scene needs is to have its soul cleansed?
How do we proceed?
Perhaps we're entering a zombie world.
How will this end? :)
Overall, all "open communities" are getting worse by the day.
At least on gaming communities.
and it's very sad.. I miss the times when forums were filled with interesting life threads, it was always fun following some guy who lvled or only messed around and took screens here and there.
I especially liked that one thread some time ago there a few guys actually made a story out of screenshots, like a comic book but in OTs, it was creative and neat to follow.

I sure hope that will glow up again, people sharing their progress, not their hate.
But for now, all that seems lost, and you as a fellow developer, you've too tasted the modern community, and I bet you agree... it was better long time ago..
When a server could crash, get hacked or worse.. and community reaction was "how sad, but you can fix this! we know you can!! <333"..
Today community is more like.. 5 ms extra ping spike in a OT and people go "you fucking retard, fix better internet you stupid idiot, real pro server fucking moron!"

Many years ago, before I OTLand existed, I hosted an OT from my own computer, like many other OTs, their domain was an IP, and login was 1/1 or 111111/tibia, and the OTs would normally be offline during nights, and have daily rollbacks and worse issues.. and people were always "YES!!! It's online again!!!!"..
Today people can't stand a server go offline for 2 seconds without hating on it "stupid retard hoster hope server die!!!"

To be fair, people who follows innovative projects and different proposals are usually more friendly, be it in advice or criticizing. Kids who only look for some global, evolution, or whatever standard shit is out there are those who arent very apt in socializing.

I blame the lack for new interesting projects as a reason for more negativity being seen around the forums, that being in OT of course.

I sure hope that will glow up again, people sharing their progress, not their hate.
Maybe we need to get to the bottom of their hate.
Maybe they're lost, longing to play their traditional once favorite video game, but it's not as fun anymore.
What's missing?

But for now, all that seems lost, and you as a fellow developer, you've too tasted the modern community, and I bet you agree... it was better long time ago..
When a server could crash, get hacked or worse.. and community reaction was "how sad, but you can fix this! we know you can!! <333"..
Today community is more like.. 5 ms extra ping spike in a OT and people go "you fucking retard, fix better internet you stupid idiot, real pro server fucking moron!"
Hmm, so maybe they're spoiled?
Solution: Make OTS more challenging again?
Or how does one unspoil a really spoiled person, like a Donald Trump?
I think there's a need for a revival of authenticity, but I don't know how it's gonna go about.
Maybe the introduction of various levels of challenges that both stimulates and teaches something.
I.e. maybe OTS have become too mindless to play?

I think it's still same shit as always, just with less people. People that complain actually just focus on the bad stuff as they are feeded by negativity. I still have tons of great times here.
Hmm. Interesting. So do you think their negativity then is strictly personal and won't change until their RLs are changed?
If so, how do we cope with them meanwhile? Where do we place them, what do we give them and avoid giving them?

Last edited:
Hmm. Interesting. So do you think their negativity then is strictly personal and won't change until their RLs are changed?
If so, how do we cope with them meanwhile? Where do we place them, what do we give them and avoid giving them?

It's the internet dude, people are not forced into you like in real life, you can chose to avoid/ignore retards, easy as that. Or you can force yourself back into them, go into retard fights, roll in the mud with them, waste your sanity and mind health.

Random-Off-Topic Question: Why would someone write `CPP = g++.exe` inside a Makefile and compile it with linux? I'm having a hard time trying to see what someone's done in this case.

All opinions are welcome, even the haters are invited to comment about this weird issue.

It's the internet dude, people are not forced into you like in real life, you can chose to avoid/ignore retards, easy as that. Or you can force yourself back into them, go into retard fights, roll in the mud with them, waste your sanity and mind health.
I mean, they can come on your (everybody's) OTS, forums and threads and spam shit trying to create chaos, spread misinformation, trigger, annoy, waste time, waste space, etc, even run around and random pk lowlevels on highlevel chars, and the list goes on.
When darkness takes over, something has to happen, lest the whole world be swallowed :)

Random-Off-Topic Question: Why would someone write `CPP = g++.exe` inside a Makefile and compile it with linux? I'm having a hard time trying to see what someone's done in this case.
:D

I mean, they can come on your (everybody's) OTS, forums and threads and spam shit trying to create chaos, spread misinformation, trigger, annoy, waste time, waste space, etc, even run around and random pk lowlevels on highlevel chars, and the list goes on.
When darkness takes over, something has to happen, lest the whole world be swallowed :)

At the server they can be real problems, but here at otland those nuisance don't turn into real problems unless you feed the troll.

At the server they can be real problems, but here at otland those nuisance don't turn into real problems unless you feed the troll.
Seems like we're not going to agree about much on this topic and that we're not gonna be having a productive conversation in a while if we keep going down this lane of doing nothing but consistently disagreeing.
It's very.... disagreeable, if you catch my drift (though I paradoxically appreciate the opportunity to put my foot down).

If anyone else has some on-topic thoughts I'd love to hear them, but let me know somehow if you don't want your thoughts questioned, since my original intent here was to ask questions and perhaps have a discussion.

Last edited:
Seems like we're not going to agree about much on this topic and that we're not gonna be having a productive conversation in a while if we keep going down this lane of doing nothing but consistently disagreeing.
It's very.... disagreeable, if you catch my tune (though I paradoxically appreciate the opportunity to put my foot down).

If anyone else has some on-topic thoughts I'd love to hear them, but let me know somehow if you don't want your thoughts questioned, since my original intent here was to ask questions and perhaps have a discussion.

I'm totally ok with you questioning my thoughts, I my mind a productive conversation is only reached by not agreeing. If you get everybody on same pace you just get some ego massage of being right when it can actually not be the case.

It kinda feels like OTs now are just hella generic rl maps, 7.4 war servers, or shitty evos (is RoHaN ots still a thing?)
It's normally just the same thing rehashed over and over again. Out of all the servers I've seen though, 7.4~ servers seem to have the strongest openings, but they fade pretty quickly after a month or two. However, if you look at a server like Medivia or NoxiousOT, you'll notice that the playerbase is consistently pretty high. This is probably because on medivia, there's a fuckton of custom content, and on NoxiousOT, while the community isn't as good as it could be, there's still a bunch of cool stuff going on (randomized bonuses on loot, global events like ctf, boss battles, etc.). I feel like we need to re-introduce customization into the OT community. If you're just wading through a bunch of bland trashy servers with no originality, you're probably going to get bored and upset that there's not really a better alternative. However, with custom servers, there's a lot more exploration to be done, and normally a good bit of excitement because of that. #makeOTscustomagain

I'm totally ok with you questioning my thoughts, I my mind a productive conversation is only reached by not agreeing. If you get everybody on same pace you just get some ego massage of being right when it can actually not be the case.
No, there's a difference between having different opinions and expressing them more and less in disagreeable ways.
If I told you you're a fucking idiot, that would be a highly disagreeable way to share my opinion (edit: given that it was my opinion ofc) and would be an unproductive act, method or format.
The fact that this opinion is in opposition or is contrary to yours doesn't make the opinion or the way its expressed any more productive or even reasonable.

Last edited:
Usually the hate is based towards people that in someway completly messed up their servers multiple times. By corruption, resetting constantly, spoofing, being rude, inactive. For example take God Wille. Very money hungry and doesnt care about his players.

How do we proceed?
Idk how you guys are going to proceed, but I will keep on working on my server, until its ready.
When its good enough I will release all I have so everyone can generate custom servers much easier and faster than it is possible right now + it wont require additional coding language experience.
This way we can reach out to people outside the OTscene in both finding more players and developers.

Yes

Yes

Don't care, there is so few of them.

How will this end?
Nobody knows

Overall, all "open communities" are getting worse by the day.
At least on gaming communities.
and it's very sad.. I miss the times when forums were filled with interesting life threads, it was always fun following some guy who lvled or only messed around and took screens here and there.
I especially liked that one thread some time ago there a few guys actually made a story out of screenshots, like a comic book but in OTs, it was creative and neat to follow.

Many years ago, before I OTLand existed, I hosted an OT from my own computer, like many other OTs, their domain was an IP, and login was 1/1 or 111111/tibia, and the OTs would normally be offline during nights, and have daily rollbacks and worse issues.. and people were always "YES!!! It's online again!!!!"..
Today people can't stand a server go offline for 2 seconds without hating on it "stupid retard hoster hope server die!!!"
i rememeber those times i did the same indeed a buggy server rlly shittty when i was child anyway everyone was like yeea its online!!!..
now players just clompaints want server 100% free bugs and dont like to donate etc community is dying because the magic is lost

OTs and Tibia is dead. This game was most popular during '04 to '08. With a small community people tend to already know alot of people (cause of years and years of playing together), so people rather share any information with their friends then create lifethreads or jack around on a forum. Most of the people have a history in coming across this game when they were young and probably were introduced to it via rl friends, looking at the gaming market nowadays Tibia doesnt really offer any competition with the big boys out there, so with less and less people starting the game the "golden sharers" become less and less. In any community the balance is usually around 5/95% of posters and lurkers. Posters being the people who contribute, manage, create and share anything related to that community where-as the remaining 95% tend to just read and sometimes reply.

There's always a small group of people within a community who can make a big impact, but the common thing they usually have in common is that they are 1: older then the standard age group; smart individuals and have a commitment/passion for the game. Those people tend to get on with their lives. For example there was a guy on the old Tibiabot NG Forums called Test90 who literally made hundreds of free scripts for users, or the old SOF-thread on Otfans which was huge.

I dont think most people have become dogshit, it just that the big dogs are dogging around irl now.

It's true that tibia and OT has become an old game and I doubt we get any new players nowadays. I just hope its not dead yet, while global has been shit for a long time imo, OT can always grow.

I think bots changed the community a lot.
Since anyone was able to afk bot in RL tibia, they stopped to respect their work on the character as they could just start a new char anytime and bot it up.
With that loss of respect, they just started to care less about other people as well.

15 years ago, people were scared as hell of getting hunted or even attacked.
When that was, people was a lot nicer to eachother.

People just went from powerless noobs into divas over the years.

Back