• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Donators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archez

'
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi... :blink:

Uhmm... how should I start... :p

Ok.. mmm as I've seen normal members doesn't have the access to edit their own posts at Downloads section, but... why does the donators got that access?

As we've seen, the account/user sharing is not impossible, so there's a possibility of an account hacking, sharing, etc..

That means, that someone got access to edit his/her post at the downloads section, and can use that advantage to upload a virus, and risk everyone.

:blink:

Check the poll! :eek:

That doesn't mean they should lose all advantages.

No I mean, just the "Edit" one.

Thats his problem, if he share/lost account or whatever.

If someone will pay for donator, I believe he'll enought protect his account, otherwise he will just lost money.

For me, its good security trick, and there is too much chance that normal user will post something unsafe, donator NOT. So I'm against this idea.

Well, is just a simple suggestion, and for the security of OtLand members...

Would you protect a donator forum account as you protect your iPod or something like that...?

There's a risk yet.

My password was my username in backwards... "zelppa". :blink:

I guess all normal members will vote "Yes" anyways :S

Voted "No"

Sorry, but I am also against this idea. Why bother paying 9 EUR (whatever it is) for a donator subscription to upload viruses which will probably be removed an hour after he uploads the virus and he will lose his donator subscription, or maybe even be IP Banned from this forum. That would be pretty dumb and I'm sure many of us here got a decent anti virus program.

I personally protect my password in the way that I don't tell anyone...

But.. I bet, that most of you people use "Remember Me?" feature, and you just enter OtLand, there's a possibility, but well.

I should've posted this in the donators board :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back