• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dos Attack.

Abdelmaksod

Banned User
Reaction score
i use don's free vps and i am getting dos attacks, any iptables i can add?
when someone logout he can't connect
they use old dos attack program named, loic, hoic, server attack by c4 and anonymouse dos

Solution
He is someone I know, I helped him through Teamviewer.
Just enabled UFW and then allowed port 22 for SSH connection and login/game ports then added limits to them to stop the DOS spamming.
Just enabled UFW and then allowed port 22 for SSH connection and login/game ports then added limits to them to stop the DOS spamming.

Solution
Could you post the commands for this?
I'm not suffering yet, but I think it's better to prevent.

Could you post the commands for this?
I'm not suffering yet, but I think it's better to prevent.
i'll assume you are using ubuntu so get started by allowing IPV6 cast this command
Lua:
sudo nano /etc/default/ufw
and make sure IPV6 = yes then cast this
Code:
sudo ufw allow ssh
and this
Code:
sudo ufw enable
if you want to allow more ports use this
Code:
sudo ufw allow 6000:6007/tcp
sudo ufw allow 6000:6007/udp
also you can use this link How To Set Up a Firewall with UFW on Ubuntu 18.04 | DigitalOcean (https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-firewall-with-ufw-on-ubuntu-18-04)
to limit the connection you can use UFW or iptables cast
Sass:
sudo nano /etc/ufw/before.rules
under this
Code:
# Don't delete these required lines, otherwise there will be errors
*filter
:ufw-before-input - [:]
:ufw-before-output - [:]
:ufw-before-forward - [:]
:ufw-not-local - [:]
# End of required lines
add this
Code:
# Limit to 10 concurrent connections on port 80 and 22 per IP
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --syn --dport 80 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 10 -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --syn --dport 22 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 10 -j DROP
Code:
# Limit to 20 connections on port 80 and 22 per 2 seconds per IP
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --dport 80 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --dport 80 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 2 --hitcount 20 -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
-A ufw-before-input -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 2 --hitcount 20 -j DROP

Back