• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

doubts

Mateus Robeerto

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I just want to know your opinion. I've seen some OTServList that left the OTClient unlocked, with good modules, sprites, etc. If I take that stuff and put it in my OTClient, that would be like stealing, wouldn't it? If the guy left it open/unlocked, is there a problem using it or not? I'm just curious to know, thanks.

I understand your curiosity. It is a gray area whether or not it is stealing to take modules and sprites from an unlocked OTClient. On the one hand, the owner of the OTClient has left it open, so it could be argued that they are giving permission for others to use it. On the other hand, the owner may have simply forgotten to locking it or encrypting it, or they may not have intended for others to use their modules and sprites.

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what you think is right. If you are concerned about stealing, you could always ask the owner of the OTClient if you can use their modules and sprites. If they say yes, then you are in the clear. If they say no, then you should respect their wishes and not use their content I guess.

I understand your curiosity. It is a gray area whether or not it is stealing to take modules and sprites from an unlocked OTClient. On the one hand, the owner of the OTClient has left it open, so it could be argued that they are giving permission for others to use it. On the other hand, the owner may have simply forgotten to locking it or encrypting it, or they may not have intended for others to use their modules and sprites.

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what you think is right. If you are concerned about stealing, you could always ask the owner of the OTClient if you can use their modules and sprites. If they say yes, then you are in the clear. If they say no, then you should respect their wishes and not use their content I guess.
Got it, thanks for replying.
If someone didn't hide it, it's free hyhyhh

I've seen some OTServList that left the OTClient open. It has some top modules and sprites, hahaha.

We steal cipsoft assets, stealing from other ots is not different, no matter how much the gatekeepers screech otherwise.

The ultimate rule of Tibia is that an item on the floor has no owner, so i guess this applies to ot assets right? :D

Unfortunately the gatekeepers won and this is no longer an open community so you will probably receive some harsh criticism from hypocrites and probably receive threats of death, ddos, dox, etc.

There is a silver lining though, these hypocrites will 'let you' steal assets from some developers they do not like. It's a sad but fun show to watch.

So if you don't mind the criticism and potential dead then go ahead, otherwise just look around for which assets are 'okay' to use as deemed by the almighty hypocrites :')

You can also just make 'heavily inspired' content based on these assets you find btw ^.^ that's the industry standard.

We steal cipsoft assets, stealing from other ots is not different, no matter how much the gatekeepers screech otherwise.

The ultimate rule of Tibia is that an item on the floor has no owner, so i guess this applies to ot assets right? :D

Unfortunately the gatekeepers won and this is no longer an open community so you will probably receive some harsh criticism from hypocrites and probably receive threats of death, ddos, dox, etc.

There is a silver lining though, these hypocrites will 'let you' steal assets from some developers they do not like. It's a sad but fun show to watch.

So if you don't mind the criticism and potential dead then go ahead, otherwise just look around for which assets are 'okay' to use as deemed by the almighty hypocrites :')

You can also just make 'heavily inspired' content based on these assets you find btw ^.^ that's the industry standard.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind. And I found a really useful website during my search, here is https://studyclerk.com/annotated-bibliography-writing-service / link of that website. It's been great to get help with creating annotated bibliographies. Once my assignment is done, I'll definitely come back here.
Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind. :)

Back