• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Downgrading Cipsoft 7.7 leaked map

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I want to downgrade the Cipsoft 7.7 leaked map.
Actually all 7.4 servers are in fact 7.72 maps and they use a modified spr&dat on 7.72 client to mimic 7.4 graphics.

My goal is to take Cipsoft map and change all sprites on map.
With Remere's editor replace tool its easy to make most of the changes but there are some points to improve:

- signs and books contains /n that have to be removed
- mountain borders to erase (still dont have any way than erase them one by one)

Do you have any tip about this issues?

about the mountain borders
select the border tool and hold down ctrl while going around the mountain

about the signs
search the map for item id,
then remove it in each sign 1 by 1
i dont know how else to do it.. if we had a text editor to decode the map file and could replace all "/n" with "" that would be nice but yea that doesnt work here

about the mountain borders
select the border tool and hold down ctrl while going around the mountain

about the signs
search the map for item id,
then remove it in each sign 1 by 1
i dont know how else to do it.. if we had a text editor to decode the map file and could replace all "/n" with "" that would be nice but yea that doesnt work here
Thx for the border tip, didn't realize.

About texts I'm searching a way to read that \n on server or client side before the hard task of replace them

You could look into built-in lua scripting for RME: Scripting on the RME
You would have to edit source and add your own functions to edit items though, but it seems like the easiest and fastest way to do it.

but from asking the question until now, you could have removed all /n or \n by hand :p

I usually just do it by hand if I know a proper solution takes too long to find / implement..

but from asking the question until now, you could have removed all /n or \n by hand :p

I usually just do it by hand if I know a proper solution takes too long to find / implement..
There are A LOT of books/signs with A LOT of \n...
And you have to find all of them, I hate this kind of boring jobs. I prefer to code some tool to automatize the task, I'm not doing this for money, just for fun.

you can always make the server source read \n and convert it in proper format required from the client
having \n removed from books and signs would still be better, but this could be a compromise solution

Another tedious job:
- Objects over fire fields that should go under field.

I was using this to convert 10.98 maps to 7.6
function to save 10.x map as 7.6 in otx format, convert it to otbm using SimOne map editor · GitHub

I load the map with TFS 1.2, it creates a 7.6 otx file with everything converted to 7.6 or removed. Then I opened with an old 7.6 SimOne map editor that supports both OTX and OTBM and saved it as OTBM. You would also need to create your own 7.6->7.4 conversion table, probably modify some functions to the engine you would use. But it need improvements, as keeping signs text as exemple, it can be done but is not implemented. I don't think you can get house data this way, so even if you convert it, you would need to add all the cities and houses again. Keep in mind the script is slow as hell, my computer need more then 24 hours to convert a 20 MB map.

I was using this to convert 10.98 maps to 7.6
function to save 10.x map as 7.6 in otx format, convert it to otbm using SimOne map editor · GitHub

I load the map with TFS 1.2, it creates a 7.6 otx file with everything converted to 7.6 or removed. Then I opened with an old 7.6 SimOne map editor that supports both OTX and OTBM and saved it as OTBM. You would also need to create your own 7.6->7.4 conversion table, probably modify some functions to the engine you would use. But it need improvements, as keeping signs text as exemple, it can be done but is not implemented. I don't think you can get house data this way, so even if you convert it, you would need to add all the cities and houses again. Keep in mind the script is slow as hell, my computer need more then 24 hours to convert a 20 MB map.

I have the otbm from Cipsoft Leaked files, all the text and signs are there, but with \n in texts.
Another issues are:
- houses not created
- disguised tiles
- expertise doors without actionn id for level
- fire fields with objects over them instead of under them

A lot of hours of hard work to fix all issues but I think it's worth, you have the clean map of Cipsoft, with all the texts, signs, daily spawns, etc

Back