• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Draw creatures on top of spell effect?

ZowN

Solutions
Reaction score
I want to make spells with the effect drawing on top of tiles but underneath creatures so it doesn't cover creature sprites.

Not really sure if this is a super hard task but would appreciate any feedback on your thoughts and if possible where in the code I should look into.

Solution
It's not possible without making extended .DLL library and write custom drawing inside it or doing simple little trick with mounts (if you aren't using mounts on your server).

Anyway it's possible in OTClient or default tibia client that uses smoother animations (it could be 10.50+ or 11).
Let me explain the "mount trick" (should work in OTClient and Default Tibia Client):
- If your custom OT doesn't have mounts you can put effect at mount slot (replace mount with effect) and should appear under character (I saw that someone was used this way for making auras for Dragon Ball OT project.)
but in default tibia client mounts are outfits so (turn on your imagination) you can add effect as outfit and put animate always flag = on...
It's not possible without making extended .DLL library and write custom drawing inside it or doing simple little trick with mounts (if you aren't using mounts on your server).

Anyway it's possible in OTClient or default tibia client that uses smoother animations (it could be 10.50+ or 11).
Let me explain the "mount trick" (should work in OTClient and Default Tibia Client):
- If your custom OT doesn't have mounts you can put effect at mount slot (replace mount with effect) and should appear under character (I saw that someone was used this way for making auras for Dragon Ball OT project.)
but in default tibia client mounts are outfits so (turn on your imagination) you can add effect as outfit and put animate always flag = on in tibia.dat by objectbuilder.
In this way it could be problem with frame per second because outfits are slower than animation effects in default tibia client (in OTClient or extended DLL library / or Tibia 11 client (which have custom delay between each frame animations [smoother animations] you can define frame per sec individually per animation)

In short:
It's possible with "replace mount trick" that I explained above (but animations in outfits are always slower than magic effects in older version of client) or custom .dll injection or using default tibia client 11/10.50+ which have smoother animations option (fastest animations that I explained above too).

EDIT:
Or if you want you can mess with editing ObjectBuilder sources and put flag like "bottom" in effects and make .DLL injection that display it correctly on bottom == hard way and always you need someone who know how to inject .DLL into the client.
The only man who have hard knowledge (Assembler/Debugger) about .DLL that I know is @Qbazzz

Last edited:
Solution
Appreciate the insight my man, the only problem with the mount trick is that the spells I want to make are wide area and not single tiles :(
I'm gonna look into dll injection and fiddle with the objectbuilder and see what I can do but it seems like too much work.

Back