• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dynamic IP = problems...

Freezer

Reaction score
Hello, my ISP forces me to change every 24h my IP. I'm using a no-ip dns so that's not the huge problem. BUT I have a line in my TFS 0.3.7 config file with the global IP like this:
Let's say the server dns adress is: myserver.no-ip.org

Lua:
	worldId = 0
	ip = "myserver.no-ip.org"
	bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
	loginPort = 7171
	gamePort = "7172"
	loginTries = 3
	retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
	loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
	maxPlayers = 100
	motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = false
	onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
	allowClones = 0
	serverName = "Forgotten"
	loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
	replaceKickOnLogin = true
	forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = false
	loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false
	premiumPlayerSkipWaitList = false
	packetsPerSecond = 50

Looks fine and works too! But when I start the tibia Server it asks the no-ip service "what IP has the server" the service gives now the barely "naked" IP to my server. There is then written:
Global IP address<es>: xx.xx.xx.xx <--- with my IP.
So when my ISP forces me to do a disconnection I have allways to restart the server too -.-'... Because the server still runs with the old IP.
Is there a way to fix it? :/

Last edited:
Hi, Do you want it to change IP-address each 24 hours? If not you can just fix a Static IP-address.

Best Regards,

Yeun, (new) Web Developer.

Then fix a Static IP Address, There's many tutorials out there use one of them, There's video tutorials aswell if you feel yourself more comfortable with a video.
Just hit the web with: How to change a Dynamic IP to a Static IP Address.

A Static IP stays the same address and the Dynamic one changing the address as you've noticed.

And how does this work??? Again..... -> My internet sercive provider (ISP) does force their clients to do a forced reconnect every 24h. I'm not talking about my subnet like "192.168.20.10 for e.g." I just mean the IP which my router has to the Internet lets say: 87.41.23.142
I thought more that there is any options in the Tibia server to make it not restart every IP change.

Either:
1) You make it static (Google to get you started)
2) You call your ISP Service and request that they exclude you from having your IP reset each 24hrs
or
3) You find a script or something that will update your IP on your config.lua each time your IP is reset and if that's too hard or impossible just purchase a dedicated server...

Thx for your reply. When I search the web for this problem it shows only how to change a dynamic ip into a static in a normal sub domain house network like the 192.168.x.x area... My whole homenetwork is static. Only the gateway to the internet does make trouble, because of this stupic ISP thing.

If you have a domain host(such as blahblah.no-ip.org) your public ip address should not be an issue when it changes. The only thing you need to worry about is your actual hosts assigned id (the 192.168..one). Make THAT one static, and then use that static ip to open your ports.

So open 7171, 7172, 80 with the static ip. NOT your public one.

NO!!!!!!! MY 192.168.x.x is static!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please >.< FORGET simply my homenetwork, portforwardings! It works. People are able to play on my server all works fine just the damn forced reconnect is pissing me on.

I explain it again please read carefully!!!
THIS is my config.lua:

Lua:
	worldId = 0
	ip = "MYSERVERADRESS.no-ip.org"
	bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
	loginPort = 7171
	gamePort = "7172"
	loginTries = 3
	retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
	loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
	maxPlayers = 100
	motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = false
	onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
	allowClones = 0
	serverName = "Forgotten"
	loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
	replaceKickOnLogin = true
	forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = false
	loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false
	premiumPlayerSkipWaitList = false
	packetsPerSecond = 50

Now I start my Tibia ot server with THIS config!!!
THEN it shows this:
ip.jpg

As you can see it takes NOT my MYSERVERADRESS.no-ip.org it simply asks the dns service which IP has the host. THEN the tibia server uses the barely naked IP.
When my ISP makes now a forced 24h disconnet and the server runs. It will still keep the old IP which it has receive at it's start. AND it will NOT change to the new one. So I have to restart the Server every time.
Is there any way to fix it?

And yes, this is making trouble! After the new IP change due to my ISP noone can connect to my server. :/

Last edited:
Back