• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Earning with ot, is it legal?

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello! As we all know profit is important thing if you want to have a serious, good/non-laggy dedicated ot with cool domain and so on...
Thats why there are donation systems that allows players to donate and recieve "gifts" as thanks for their donating and helping to keep server online.
I would like to know how legal and illegal is all that stuff? Every company that exists official is paying taxes, but ot owners pay only taxes to companys like daopay/dotpay/paypal(the ones who helps the deal happen) and nothing more. Can I get raped by having ot? Even if all that is called "Donations" half of servers even haven't changed topic "Shop" in gesiors acc maker and everyone understands it as buying an item or advantage in game. Noone would donate for nothing. I just want to be sure and not make any problems for myself when my ot and donations will be working I hope you got my point.

Thank you!

In Sweden you can earn up to 1600 euros without paying taxes..
If you call it a "Hobie".
( 16 000 SEK )
But the chance of getting caught is very very small. Since there are many server with donation systems. Not just OPEN Tibia.

If your worried about getting caught then you should just use a friends account when you reach the maximum money before taxes in your country.

Or you just pay taxes.. Can't be that hard :p

they wouldnt become richer.. people play ot for a reason, if ots were infact shutdown (never gonna happen... i think not atleast).. would YOU go to real tibia?... hmmmm that is the question.

However, I googled some but couldnt find anything about "hobby limit" :eek: Did you guys made it up? Or where can I find the hobby limit in each country?

Is there anything in open-tibia that is not from cipsoft? :) Open-tibia is copy of tibia. Actually Im surprised that they don't fight ots and make developers life hard as hell, because they are loosing huge amount of players. Statistic at this moment-
Otservlist: There are 29402 players online on 1458 servers
Tibia(cipsoft):38299

:eek: ALMOST THE SAME!
It is hard to imagine how richer they would become if ots were closed.

I feel u guys have something against gesior :D Everyone is complaining about his acc maker - its illegal, template is stolen from cipsoft and so on... But look at thoose all real-map servers, everything is stolen from cipsoft there. Developing acc maker simuliar to cipsoft's is nothing if we compare it with other things. Correct me if Im wrong.

Yes there is. The server's core is not written by CipSoft. It's written by the official developers. Moreover, these statistics prove how far behind the real servers otserv is. They have 38k players on 74 servers and we have 29k players on 1458 servers. Obvious difference, isn't it?

Gesior AAC is wrong in they way that is using the same artworks of CipSoft.

LEGAL? Use an AAC without Tibia's artworks. Connect to OpenTibia server without the Tibia Client, you might use YATC. Or w/e you want.

:eek:

YATC uses CipSoft's sprites ;)

Yes there is. The server's core is not written by CipSoft. It's written by the official developers. Moreover, these statistics prove how far behind the real servers otserv is. They have 38k players on 74 servers and we have 29k players on 1458 servers. Obvious difference, isn't it?

Of course and what did you expect? Cipsoft got professional programmers witch are hired to do their job, but all that we got is Elf, Tala and some other developers :p

Well, all the clothes brands, pay 1€ to chinese kids, and they sell they're job for 80€, o more, in EEUU, Europe and so. No time to complain about sprites, clients or layouts lol

Back