• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Earning with ot, is it legal?

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello! As we all know profit is important thing if you want to have a serious, good/non-laggy dedicated ot with cool domain and so on...
Thats why there are donation systems that allows players to donate and recieve "gifts" as thanks for their donating and helping to keep server online.
I would like to know how legal and illegal is all that stuff? Every company that exists official is paying taxes, but ot owners pay only taxes to companys like daopay/dotpay/paypal(the ones who helps the deal happen) and nothing more. Can I get raped by having ot? Even if all that is called "Donations" half of servers even haven't changed topic "Shop" in gesiors acc maker and everyone understands it as buying an item or advantage in game. Noone would donate for nothing. I just want to be sure and not make any problems for myself when my ot and donations will be working I hope you got my point.

Thank you!

I am not 100% sure, but if i got you right, WoW private servers and Tibia servers are illegal (i think) Since you can get uber sued for getting donations on Wow Server, pretty sure its the same for Tibia servers aswell.

But the fact it has never happen in Tibia history.

So don't worry. People are earning many thousons of euros through OT servers, and CipSoft doesn't even bother to lift a finger.

Open-Tibia is legal. Using things from cipsoft isn't. Connecting to an ot with the tibia client or use their images on your website for example.(gesior)

Is there anything in open-tibia that is not from cipsoft? :) Open-tibia is copy of tibia. Actually Im surprised that they don't fight ots and make developers life hard as hell, because they are loosing huge amount of players. Statistic at this moment-
Otservlist: There are 29402 players online on 1458 servers
Tibia(cipsoft):38299

:eek: ALMOST THE SAME!
It is hard to imagine how richer they would become if ots were closed.

With other words, play your cards right! :3

I feel u guys have something against gesior :D Everyone is complaining about his acc maker - its illegal, template is stolen from cipsoft and so on... But look at thoose all real-map servers, everything is stolen from cipsoft there. Developing acc maker simuliar to cipsoft's is nothing if we compare it with other things. Correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited:
Gesior AAC is wrong in they way that is using the same artworks of CipSoft.

LEGAL? Use an AAC without Tibia's artworks. Connect to OpenTibia server without the Tibia Client, you might use YATC. Or w/e you want.

:eek:

Don't worry, it won't ever happen. And if by miracle it does, RealOTs would be the first. :p
Open Tibia is NOT illegal. Using Cip's client/sprites/webpage layout to connect to anything but they're servers is.

Also, this should be in the Discussion board.

In sweden, you can earn up to 1700 EUR a month without paying taxes. If you execeed that limit, you probably need to get in contact with your bank or something and discuss about taxes etc ~~

If you don't pay the taxes and you execeed the limit, your parents or you if you're an adult, could end up in a court.

All this sounds great, but what to say my parents to calm them down? :D My mum is kinda paranoic being and shes afraid I can get even in jail or have problems with police if Ill start to earn :D It sounds funny and it rlly makes me laugh, but it's hard to tell her that nothing will happen. I need good arguments :D

PS. Thanks for info, gona google some, maybe u can earn in Lettland some cash without paying taxes. But I highly doubt, cuz now our country is in critical situation, economical crysis :D

It's not illegal to use the Tibia client to connect to open-tibia servers, however it is against Cip's EULA, so only thing they can do is ban you.

Is there anything in open-tibia that is not from cipsoft? :) Open-tibia is copy of tibia. Actually Im surprised that they don't fight ots and make developers life hard as hell, because they are loosing huge amount of players. Statistic at this moment-
Otservlist: There are 29402 players online on 1458 servers
Tibia(cipsoft):38299

:eek: ALMOST THE SAME!
It is hard to imagine how richer they would become if ots were closed.

Thats not entirely true, not in my opinion at least.

Most people come to play OTs because they are an alternative of normal Tibia, maybe cause they got bored of it and wanted to try something new (custom servers) or they just want faster exp and cheaper prices for stuff (rl map servers).

The thing is, Im 99% sure that if Cip ever came and closed OTs, 90% or more of those 30k players online would NOT go back to normal Tibia. In fact, a big amount of people who play normal Tibia play OTs for fun too sometimes, and if CIP decided to remove that fun, most of those people would end up leaving Tibia competely.

I for instance wouldnt go back to Tibia, ever, with or without OTs. If OTs closed, Id just find a new game to have fun with when Im bored.

But Im pretty sure that wont happen. Cipsoft guys are not stupid. OTs also bring them more players because most OTs are not as stable/trustable/everlasting as "real" Tibia, and Ive seen countless players on different OTs who have never played Tibia and when the server closes or scams them, they just go there for "safer" playing.

But that is just my opinion.
Cheers.

Back