• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Earning with ot, is it legal?

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello! As we all know profit is important thing if you want to have a serious, good/non-laggy dedicated ot with cool domain and so on...
Thats why there are donation systems that allows players to donate and recieve "gifts" as thanks for their donating and helping to keep server online.
I would like to know how legal and illegal is all that stuff? Every company that exists official is paying taxes, but ot owners pay only taxes to companys like daopay/dotpay/paypal(the ones who helps the deal happen) and nothing more. Can I get raped by having ot? Even if all that is called "Donations" half of servers even haven't changed topic "Shop" in gesiors acc maker and everyone understands it as buying an item or advantage in game. Noone would donate for nothing. I just want to be sure and not make any problems for myself when my ot and donations will be working I hope you got my point.

Thank you!

Thats not entirely true, not in my opinion at least.

Most people come to play OTs because they are an alternative of normal Tibia, maybe cause they got bored of it and wanted to try something new (custom servers) or they just want faster exp and cheaper prices for stuff (rl map servers).

The thing is, Im 99% sure that if Cip ever came and closed OTs, 90% or more of those 30k players online would NOT go back to normal Tibia. In fact, a big amount of people who play normal Tibia play OTs for fun too sometimes, and if CIP decided to remove that fun, most of those people would end up leaving Tibia competely.

I for instance wouldnt go back to Tibia, ever, with or without OTs. If OTs closed, Id just find a new game to have fun with when Im bored.

But that is just my opinion.
Cheers.

Yes, thats the reason why I play open tibia, but if all ots would be closed, very much players would start tibia again. Im sure about that. Half of ot players have chars in tibia, but they retired cuz real tibia is too serious, but ot=fun.

I feel u guys have something against gesior :D Everyone is complaining about his acc maker - its illegal, template is stolen from cipsoft and so on... But look at thoose all real-map servers, everything is stolen from cipsoft there. Developing acc maker simuliar to cipsoft's is nothing if we compare it with other things. Correct me if Im wrong.

Whoha? Us? Nono, we love all Gesior users. :D

Because of their vulnerability I don't mind. ^^ It helps us non-gesior users. :D

The template is however illegal, but the fact that it's been used for a long time and a lot of people already use it and no one has been having police/cipsoft issues, it should be fine.

If you threat donation as a "gift", and item as a "thanks for the gift" it will be ok. Also, soon OT will be nearly 100% legal because of YATC (YetAnotherTibiaClient, developed by Khaos).

The fact that they give credits to CIP makes it legal.

Unless some idiot removed the credits.
I believes.

But I don't mind.

Giving credits make something stolen legal or what?

example:
I copy some game, give credits to the authors and sell it for 25% of normal price. Is it legal?

Someone knows how it is with the taxes in Holland? I saw somewhere that you won't have to pay taxes untill you make profit, is this true?

No,

each country has their own hobby-limit.
Hobby-limit = Amount of money you can earn besides of job. You have to pay taxes for the amount over your limit.

In Norway we have 5700Euro as a limit.
I can earn 5700Euro as a hobby, without taxes.
OTServ is a hobby, same as selling jewelery or other stuff you made.

No,

each country has their own hobby-limit.
Hobby-limit = Amount of money you can earn besides of job. You have to pay taxes for the amount over your limit.

In Norway we have 5700Euro as a limit.
I can earn 5700Euro as a hobby, without taxes.
OTServ is a hobby, same as selling jewelery or other stuff you made.

Where can we check that?

And in your case it would be 5700Euro max, monthly? Or yearly?

Cheers.

I doubt its monthly. Earning 5,7k EU in 1 month with ot would be f*** crazy!

Yeh :p Well Ive seen people getting over 4k EUR/month with OTs so its not that far lol.

But generally speaking, I mean if that hobby-limit thing is monthly, yearly, lifetime?

And if there is like a site or something we could check our countries's one.

In Norwegian we got a hobby limit of 4998kr. (around 600 euro).
Each month.

If you pay more, you will have to pay like 24% of the money as tax.

In Norwegian we got a hobby limit of 4998kr. (around 600 euro).
Each month.

If you pay more, you will have to pay like 24% of the money as tax.

But that would be only "profit" itself or just the total of how much you receive in 1 month? Because lets say you have a dedic paying 300 Eur/Month and you earn 650 EUR that month, that would leave you with 350 profit for any other server related expense, but if I got it right, since you crossed the limit you'd then have to give as tax about 150 EUR from that total, so that'd leave you with 150 EUR profit.

Thats how it works? I think I made the explanation kinda confusing lol.

Or is it that if you get like 1000 EUR/month from the server and after paying for the dedic and maintenance you still have over 600, then you'd have to give those 150+ EUR (thats close to 24% of 650) or it is 24% of anything extra from the 600, and not the total?

Geez I think I made it horribly confusing. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Back