• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Editing Items

Stormoguden

Professional Mapper~
Reaction score
Well, I've got a problem, as soon as I edit anything in items.xml like

Code:
	<item id="6527" article="a" name="christmas token" plural="christmas tokens">
		<attribute key="weight" value="5"/>
	</item>
to
Code:
	<item id="6527" article="a" name="mithril coin" plural="mithril coins">
		<attribute key="weight" value="5"/>
	</item>

I get this error ;

Anyone?

Maybe you accidentally edited a different item without realizing? Download an unedited version of your items.xml file then try to edit the coin again and see if that works.

Get a xml-editor. Sometimes notepad or other editors won't save the file correct.
You shouldn't change existing items anyways, it's better to copy an item with otitemeditor and change the copy.
(don't forget to replace the items.xml and otb in your mapeditor afterwards)

I really don't know why is that happening, I think I have already seens something like this reported before, I think it is tfs fault, though I may be wrong. There is nothing much u can do about it. I suggest you to report it to TFS team in TFS board.

post ur items.xml line 214 here if you dont know what that line is then download notepad++ and post it here so we can help ya out.

This was line 214:
Code:
	<item id="6527" article="a" name="christmas token" plural="christmas tokens">
before error,
and after error:
Code:
	<item id="6527" article="a" name="christmaz token" plural="christmaz tokens">

Last edited:
copy that part..

Theres nothing like < or something missing, the problem is, if I change one single letter on any item name or anything, I can't start the server cuz I get the error on first post.. I really need help ASAP cuz theres lots of stuffs I need to fix on my server like sooft boots regen etc.

Back
Top Bottom