• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Effects keep repeating

SamX

VoltageOT Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

On my server when I add new effects they continue to repeat until the player leaves the screen. An example of this is critical hit.

See this image:
e3efn7F.png

When I attack a monster with a item equipped with critical hit it will keep repeating until the player leaves the screen. It also happens with all other effects that have been added (the default ones on TFS work properly).

I have added them in const.h in C++, is there anywhere else I need to add them perhaps?

show your changes, my changes just include a two lines where it check if damage is critical then send the effect so your code might be bad

show your changes, my changes just include a two lines where it check if damage is critical then send the effect so your code might be bad
I don't think it's got anything to do with that. For example I added an effect to 105 (a fire effect) and it does the same thing. The critical system works good except for that effect error.

As told, this has to do with client-side. Try to add extra ones on previosuly nonused effects.
Same thing happens when I add it to a non-used effect.

It works if I replace a current effect, however will not work with any of the blank ones. I don't really want to get rid of effects already in the game, any way around this?

Last edited:
Back