• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ElementzOT Mapping Thread

Why does a cave need architecture? Btw walking~, better not use lava if the cave is below a city, since lava is deep under the ground, unless its like a city build on a vulcano :p

Detailing has nothing to do with wall structure, or maybe it does now?

@Limos I am talking about the building...the cave looks nice.

The building, being EMPTY gives the boring feeling and don't quote me another "Not even done detailing" when I mean empty, I mean that it's just Wall, Wall, Entrance, Entrance...nothing in between to make it more interesting..it's hard to explain.

Detailing has nothing to do with wall structure, or maybe it does now?

@Limos I am talking about the building...the cave looks nice.

The building, being EMPTY gives the boring feeling and don't quote me another "Not even done detailing" when I mean empty, I mean that it's just Wall, Wall, Entrance, Entrance...nothing in between to make it more interesting..it's hard to explain.

Yes but my detailing includes architechture, I remodel stuff after I get something I'm determined done and look back, it probably wont be done for aleast a month with how slow this computer is. Once I get my computer it'll be done within less than a month and I'm constanstly changing and trying new things. @Limos: It's a fire element city so it's gonna have a volcano :D I was originally going to put the temple inside the volcano but I kinda got bored with that idea. x.x

I know what you mean by architecture, trust me. I've seen alot of mapping and done and scrapped quite abit since I've been mapping. It will get fixed once I'm done doing what I'm doing and I feel if it needs to be remodled

needs improvement.

too many lines.

too much auto borders.

too much cramping, trying to make the fire temple look good.

the swamp idea is good, but the box shaped room ruins it, put more boggyness (if that is even closely resembled to an actual word) into it..

try and take zoomed in shots of solid work not giant pieces where we can see very little detail and see a bunch of clutter/unorganized mess.

Why does a cave need architecture? Btw walking~, better not use lava if the cave is below a city, since lava is deep under the ground, unless its like a city build on a vulcano :p

cave needs architecture for multiple reasons.

1. quest rooms.

2. shelter

3. spawning areas so vocations like mages and paladins have room while tanks have areas to walk to ensure safety of party. There can be cases where this is avoided by the mapper for purpose reasons, however there still needs to be detail, not spammage of random crap that doesn't complement the map.

4. Looks natural... Looks like something somewhat realistic

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i've said it before but I geuss some people don't get the message, every picture you see on this thread especially in the first posts have been changed, we're posting our progress not finished peices.

@Lonely Reaper

A cave itself doesn't need architecture. Someone can make parts of buildings inside caves, but it doesn't mean every cave needs buildings everywhere lol.
Also the question was a comment on PotatoSkin, not a "explain me why this is" question, because ofc a cave can be just a cave...

Last edited:
Hm the post seems okey but the pictures are a bit empty as LATE said!

And a chair near the ladders/stairs looks kinda awful!

Else its fine! I hope you're going to complete this projects, since for some that does RPG's just getting tired 1 week later!: /

Some pictures of what the neutral city is turning into

TygKr.png

Temple
S72tN.png

Hotel
TN1tP.png

6EHs5.png

Back