• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Elementz's Mapping Corner

For the drawbridge you have to use id 9684 north and 9685 south. I like your nature, although I don't really like the combination with cavewalls and not underground water, but I still like how you did the bordering of it.

Edit: Didn't saw the upper post (was slower with posting), but the ids are the same sprites (5768 south, 5769 north), so doesn't matter which one you use :p

Last edited:
this look any better?

MO7m8.png

Cool :D didn't know you mapped too.
Looks good man, as Blez said to give a real mountain idea it's best to make it a little taller.
And maybe an entrance to the bridge with stairs/1 floor higher but that's just an idea.
Keep it up. :D

to make it taller id have to erase the water meaning id have to erase the borders xD so not sure i want to dod that, other than that, thx for the positive feed back, nice to know i dont suck ^^

You could select and copy/paste the bridge to a higher floor and make another mountain floor there.

its like 2 am here so ill keep goin latar. just got the main shape goin

6wcoST.png

I like the idea but surely the bridge would be above grass as it is manmade; unless it is "overgrown" but then i'd expect an excess of nature oppossed to your previous nature. Also is there no supports for the bridge? Or it is meant to be like a rope bridge?

Hint: Use the rope sides that have the 'V' on them as it will look like it is attached to the bridge :)

:p i was gunna add supports later on >.> thx for the grass bit ill edit that right now as for my lastest advace
i made a little progress on the mountain :
no thats not the complete nature :p just wanted to sho a pic to get some more feed back

8jpMg.png

Nice work, but I don't really like the grey water borders with grass. You can also look at Siegh mapping thread, he made alot mountains you can use as inspiration.

I like it. ^_^
What are you planning to use it for or is this just for showoff?

:p im not rlly focused on any project atm, im working with camual but the project is technically done

on first pages, i was thinking like "omg, i'm sure ppl write they like your parts of map for your large amounts of post or maybe for your premium on forum", and then i saw six page of your topic, and now i think that same :D:D
And now without jokes, you need to more practice, i think, becouse your parts of maps, arent special or detailed, they are so simply :/
But your last screen, i need it to tell, is good, and if you will mapping like that last it could be better alot :)

The way the mountain builds up is awesome, you really got that!
But as Limos said, those gray water borders don't match.
You should also remove the blueberry bushes and put the right borders for the mountain
instead of the thick grass borders.

Back