• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End

Orkanite

omfg mapper
Reaction score
I just thought I'd post the nature surrounding the city I've been working on lately. For the very few that might keep an eye out for the emergence of Forgotten Faction, it will decidedly never be open to the public. At one point this map may be, which is going to a friend. My mapping/OT days are over.

2wf7l3d.png

25q7iop.png

2d1oeq1.png

258seme.png

rm2wl0.png

vyurdy.png

too much spam? not rpg? I never would have expected it coming.

Indeed very good looking pictures there. This style is very common this days but your looked so nice :D Good job really sorry that your OT days is over.

I feel as if I've clung too long to this fantasy world that really has nothing to do with my life and friends. Now I can always call all of you (even poof) friends (whether or not the feelings are mutual) which I would and will, but a certain intimacy will always be lacking.

If I had advice for one who wished to remain persistent, it would be to keep your motives pure and to find the most navigable map editor while not going overboard (autobordering etc.). At one point I mapped because I wanted to map, and I loved that I could build what I saw outside the window in my own little world and shape it however I wanted. But after a while I found myself not so sure of what I wanted to create and irritated by how long it took. Soon enough my desire had shifted from how much satisfaction I'd get out of watching people enjoy my creation to how much I could possibly make with some sort of donation system. Keep these two separate! This shifting of desires is what brings down way too many people and groups/bands(especially musical) from what is truly their full potential.

Now, my friends, I will go.

Thanks again for all comments/critiques.

I leave you with respect,
Orkanite

Sorry for my previous reply in this thread, I was young and naive. Please take pictures in the normal size.

So was I. :D

Not sure what your other screenname is but theres nothing to forgive.

What is normal size? :blink:

Elvenhairropequest.png

Sorry for double post I submitted twice. >.<

Guess I'll post another pic instead.

DwarfCycRaid.png

You're having an incredible sense for architecture and structures. Your shapes and buildings looks like they've been done by a professional structural engineer!
I'm actually really impressed. Good work! Though, the detailwork can be a bit improved, though your pictures has been taken in a bad resolution, that might be why I judge the details in that way.

Back