• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Enfini Adventure || Conquest Showoff

DemShion

Reaction score
Hello everyone i made this thread to show you guys some of the map ive working on, i am rlly noob at mapping and rlly want to improve, i need some tips or advice on how to work whit raw, since for me it is way too slow and the results are sometimes worst than whit doodad lol... i must be doing something wrong, anyways this is just a portion of the map since this will be used in the actual server (pimped out probably), so this is not a 100% spoiler, i would say this is roughly 30% (and im rounding up).

Feedback is apreciated!!!

centralhill0.png

centralhill1.png

centralhill2.png

firetroll.png

lake0.png

lake1.png

lake2f.png

lake3.png

sehill0.png

sehill1.png

sehill2.png

swampcaves0.png

swampcaves1.png

swampcaves2.png

swampcaves4.png

Last edited:
I like map overall, its clean but not too clean. You are not using "nature spam" overall. Keep on it !

Ill try :/, could use some live mapping sessions whit some average/good mapper to see how to improve.

It would be rlly awsome if some1 could volunteer n.n ill learn fast or die trying, lol.
Beatenbythepc.jpg

There are many threads in mapping section from which you can learn (Neon, Magnetico, Peroxide, GhostX, Macedoon).

Tip: Don't use autoborder. Just raw palette.

well in case of showoffs I understand it but for some server with over 200k sqm I understand when someone is not in the mood to border everything manual .3

well in case of showoffs I understand it but for some server with over 200k sqm I understand when someone is not in the mood to border everything manual .3

Understood but If someone is not in mood of creating an ot then why create it? :O

:eek: ok ill learn, can you please list some advantages of using RAW? so i can focus on improving in those areas, i imagine that you have more horizontal/vertical etc borders to choose from? and you gotta mix em in the right proportion to be nice? or what else can i do whit RAW?

:eek: ok ill learn, can you please list some advantages of using RAW? so i can focus on improving in those areas, i imagine that you have more horizontal/vertical etc borders to choose from? and you gotta mix em in the right proportion to be nice? or what else can i do whit RAW?

When you use Raw palette your work will look cleaner and more professional, you will get more ideas by using it, cuz you use more time on the work. I started using autoboarding myself, and its not a long time since i started with raw, and my work is getting better. You can see the diffrence of autoboardering on my thread. I havnt removed my old pics yet, but on page 2 or 3 u can see the pics where i have used auto. Just try using the raw, and you will ask yourself why the fuck u used autoboarder, cuz its just a mess cleaning up...
And as the other say, look at other mappers work, you get new ideas on how to use your "material"

PS: You can do everything with raw:ninja:

Back