• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Entering Mapping World

@Rik123 Garbage is always garbage, i just stated the facts ;c, does not mean it can't become better, xd

i also like the first pic. It has some cool ideas. Also i like it looks pretty realistic.. now u need to make it nice for the eyes. it looks bit messy :p

@Rik123
What evs still Garbage, and just to finish this non-educational propose, i will give you some tips on how to make that better.
Firs off, don't try to convine stuff that does not blend in your eyes, thats no good. Ex. Where you used dirt, sand, and gravel. specially gravel and dirt, they don't fit at all, the contrast is too much.
Then think why would some stuff be there. Why are the sugar canes there?
Now the Bold borders in top of the sand/water borders, if you are going to use that, then remove the sand, and put a small mountain there, to make it looks like rock boulders(Look at Img 1, and 2 this is what I mean)

050409-31.jpg

OceanBoulder1-456x250.jpg

Now look at this bordering, look how the borders are placed, and how it try to blend in some parts.

23wjyuw.jpg

Hope this works better than "First is garbage, second is stunning"

@Rik123
5487917069_4a2a8fd58f_z.jpg
stock-photo-tuft-of-grass-growing-amongst-the-sand-dunes-of-the-sahara-desert-of-morocco-in-north-africa-139806412.jpg

The rock is a mistake o0 , even tho it looks good lol o0

Thanks to everyone for the comments :) I didn't get too much the thing about the mountain part, I think you are referring to the frozen mud + sand? I'll try to revamp those parts, and I see what you meant by "thinking why things are there.." like the sugar cane..I think I need some work with coast things as I see everyone liked the second picture..It was a weird thing, while mapping the "coast" part I was like "Oh..What should I do now?" and with the nature part I didn't felt like that, I don't know why, it was like more natural to me. Maybe I suck in coasts lmao. Thanks again to everyone, I'll get to work a little with the coast thingy

You look like a smart guy, and you seems to be from Latin america, if so. Agregame a skype si quieres ayuda o tienes dudas :)

Actually I am lol Pero no tengo skype :p

Does it look a lil better now?

ndra7n.png

Removed the sand beneath the rocky formations (Frozen mud), removed some of the water trees, removed the gravel borders, added some variations to dirt, and changed the sugar canes.

Last edited:
Looking better, but on the dirt with rock-like borders mess with me, needs something. What I would of do, is to change the dirt to grass, and put some mountain top ground there.(But that's just me)

Also this is what I meant with Rock boulders
2n1uotz.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! That's simply amazing! Insane skills there buddy! Now I get it :B I'll upload another screenshot of the coast, I am experimenting with mountains now in the same map..I'm excited about it, even tough I have the same feeling as the coast hahaha

So here it is, this was the outcome of experimenting with mountains..Any feedback is welcomed, thanks :) I'm not too convinced with this one, I mean about the general idea of this map and the nature selection..But meh, hope you guys like it :D

nvuxwz.png

I don't have trust issues, but I do not believe you're new to mapping :9

This is very good Ramirow.. Details are good, but looks spammed sometimes..

I don't have trust issues, but I do not believe you're new to mapping :9
I'm gonna second that, it does not seems that you are a first timer, Or perhaps you are the next genius just like Neon, Xenios, Mace where :p

Back