• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Entering Mapping World

Thanks for the comments guys :) Uhmm..Now that you say it nikolai, it's seems spammed in some places..

I'm gonna second that, it does not seems that you are a first timer, Or perhaps you are the next genius just like Neon, Xenios, Mace where :p

Lol, I'm not, I failed hard with some parts of the mountain, I just didn't upload it 'cause it lacks some details..I'll show you guys later what I'm talking about, it's just horrible xD

The thing is not that you failed in some parts or not, the way you Improve with each comment, the way you use the borders, the way you get familiar with all, that's what we are disscussing.
This is what a newcomer looks like ROOKY(AKA NOOB)

I think it depends on the amount of dedication and will the person puts in it, I didn't map this out of nowhere, I knew how I wanted it to look, I just tried different things. Also, I spent a lot of time looking at threads where I can see something I may use for my idea, I must say I wasn't inspired in some specific screenshot, I just look how nature and lil things could and should be used..

And for the border thing I just don't know what the f..k I'm doing sometimes lmao

That's what is called to be a genius :p
Get skype im interested in watch you map xd

Lol, you sure you want that? Don't expect to see something nice, im under pressure :( I liked your maps man, there a lot of combinations I am learning because of you, and ofc, everyone else that helped me trough this thread gave me a lot of ideas!

Little bump! I've been very busy with my band these days, I didn't have much time to finish this map, but anyways, here are some more screenshots (In-game this time :p)!
Btw, Javiersin, sorry I didn't get skype, as I said, very busy days..Will get it someday tough lol

2zf4vab.png

14m412h.png

308dv5w.png

2e35v6r.png

2crrtag.png

2b7jlw.png

2la95pc.png

11hcaap.png

w7hj5z.png

a8mxe.png

2vb2zk0.png

9prfd5.png

v3j9qt.png

29vf9ya.png

Still looks spammed, because of the rubish, crates, the cracks, stuff in the water and the grass/stone floor.
2zf4vab.png

Dislik the tortoise eggs, the bridge that's bugged on the left and use some of the other bridge parts aswell (those with strings attached between the wire and bridge). It's also way too long to look good - yes, I know there are long bridges like these. And I hate the fountain and thing next to the magical tree.
14m412h.png

It will be unrealistic to build a bridge right above a dozen of deadly stalagmites. And then again, same for the bridge as I mentioned above. And again, the borders on the right mountain itch my fingers.
308dv5w.png

It all looks good, except for the borders on the mountain (like I said above) and the borders on floor 7 on the left.
2e35v6r.png

I'd remove the cavedirt, the rest looks najs
2crrtag.png

Bridge story. Missing details at the mountain on the left at the floor beneath this one. Also, dislike the dirt, rubbish and table.
11hcaap.png

Dirt story continues.
w7hj5z.png

Keep in mind the other pictures look wicked m8. It's just friendly feedback.
And as usual, do not take it offensive and even if you do take it offensive, I do not give a fuck.

Thank you so much buddy! Nah, I do not take it offensive, I'm just a newbie, I have to learn from my superiors! Will fix some mistakes you pointed out :3 I'm grateful for your feedback! It's time to revamp this lil island here :3

@Ramirow
Ye np :p i been busy my self ;P so what evs. do what @Rik123 said its quite good feed back, and this is from me:
Fix the goddamnbridge!!! it so messed up, is way too long and to top it up with no deco what so ever, you can do this to give some life to the bridge
fnqvev.jpg

Also don't over do borders and details everywhere, some times nature its best with less(Some times)

@Ramirow
Ye np :p i been busy my self ;P so what evs. do what @Rik123 said its quite good feed back, and this is from me:
Fix the goddamnbridge!!! it so messed up, is way too long and to top it up with no deco what so ever, you can do this to give some life to the bridge
fnqvev.jpg

Also don't over do borders and details everywhere, some times nature its best with less(Some times)

Ya no wataim sayin', seen. Ma breda
image.jpg

Ok, ok, revamped some of the zones and retook the same screenshot, looking for advice again :3

Here you have some revamped screens from my previous post:

2nqw0w0.png

Removed some things to make it look less spammed, hope it looks better now.

29p2i5h.png

Removed the illusion-like mountain top, added some details in the mountains + remade the bridge :)

k1outl.png

Removed the dirt and fixed some of the borders you guys mentioned.

1zfrg5s.png

Fixed borders and bridge.

1zoujrk.png

m9yfet.png

This is how the new bridge looks.

1zwy9n8.png

t7nwud.png

Replaced the cave dirt with normal dirt.

And some more random screenshots! I don't accept criticism now -.- lol, just joking, feel free to do it, it's more than welcomed, if you need to swear, do it!

yosqc.png

35i2m47.png

voo4us.png

4r6vj8.png

2rq0t39.png

9zoghj.png

Keep in mind most the screens may lack some details in some specific areas, that's because it's not still finished, I am working on it.

Here's the minimap for this small island so far!
ncjme9.jpg

Upgrades to remere? What do you mean Shevil? o.o btw there's a link to download the island in the maps download section. Altough it's not finished 100%
Where is your map whitevo? xD

Been years since my last post, don't have the time to set up a server for now so it's just a screenshot from mapeditor itself. I made two little things in a couple of minutes I wanted to share just for the sake of it...I forgotten how relaxing mapping can be, this was really nice to work on, it's a little cave and a forest-like place I've tried to make :B enjoy.

21jnj91.png

22fblg.png

Back