• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X error compiling

Lurk

Reaction score
I'm trying to compile my tfs 0.4 files in vs but I keep getting this error
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C2556 'int32_t round(float)': overloaded function differs only by return type from 'float round(float) noexcept' (compiling source file ..\chat.cpp) theforgottenserver c:\users\pc\desktop\high rate\src\tools.h 99
there are a lot of errors but all of them are related to this float thing, I'm using this sources Fir3element/3777 (https://github.com/Fir3element/3777), I downloaded his pack for vs 2015, tried boost 1_64_0 and 1_66_0
It might be a compiler thing since it compiles just fine with dev cpp and code blocks

now in vs10 using the right libs and include
Build started 28/08/2019 01:57:04.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\x64\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Targets(507,5): error MSB8008: Specified platform toolset (v140) is not installed or invalid. Please make sure that a supported PlatformToolset value is selected.

Build FAILED.

Right click on your project then properties there is Platform Toolset change it to v100

You should link boost 1_66_0 properly. Not 1_66_4.
Edit : I use boost_1_53_0 and always compiled this source without any errors at all, I think you'll have to download boost_1_53_0

last question, which dlls I should use now? Coppied most of those I could find but still can't start tfs

Depends, If you compiled it for 32-bit or 64-bit anyways you can try this one.
And the missing dlls you can search for it here or using google.
or just post here and I will upload them for you.
Compile succeeded?

yeah it compiled just ok, but now I'm getting this when trying to run tfs
1566970549802.png
I downloaded the dlls above and still didn't work, it's a x64 release

You should download 64-bit C++ redistributable package also from the link above.

There's other version on your PC uninstall it and then install this one, Also I think you'll need to download and install 32-bit C++ redistributable package too.

just figured I already have these installed and some others
1566971003307.png
also, tried to run tfs at my vps that has only 2010 installed and got the same error

Remove all your dlls I think you got wrong ones, and add those ones.

Attachments

lmao the second you commented this I download this (Fir3element/binaries (https://github.com/Fir3element/binaries/blob/master/x64.rar))
and it worked. Thank a lot my friend, wouldn't be able to do this without ya, it's working fine now

edit: just followed this Generating crash dump with Windows - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (MSVC only) (https://otland.net/threads/generating-crash-dump-with-windows-microsoft-visual-c-2010-msvc-only.141725/) and now I have the pdb file but I'm still receiving messages like this when trying to debug
1566972844617.png

edit: even tho those messages appeared, it debugged perfectly

Last edited:
Back