• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Error Conecting my server(Help)

Jpstafe

Reaction score
Hello community, I have an error to enter my server ... this next error appears
ip.png

then after a few seconds try to connect again, but the same error comes out .. the selection of people appears to me, but does not enter the server

the ot is mounted with znote .. it is server is othire-v0.0.3, I cannot connect with my local ip .. only with the ip of localhost which is 127.0.0.1

correctly opened ports 7171,7272,7172,80 .. etc

In config.lua, in global ip, I have taken 127.0.0.1, and I have put my global ip and it doesn't work either

What could it be ?, do I need to enable my ports from my windows?

Show me your screen. You use ipchanger?
1595777334196.png
Post automatically merged:

And u add yours database to XAMPP ? U dont give detail i dont know how i can help u

Last edited:
it won't work because you need to connect to your server with a iPv4 IP adress.

here you go a simple tutorial on how to get your ipv4 adress

if you have opened ports properly then my solution will work 100%
whatever you put in your config.lua - does'nt matter, you still need to connect to your server(type in ip changer or whatever you are using to play) with IPv4 adress if you are hosting the server on your own.

@UP (Otland downloads) [7.72] OTHire 0.0.3 (https://otland.net/threads/7-72-othire-0-0-3.246964/)
Xampp is (Local Web and Mysql Server Service), he not have error with bad acc or character but game port or IP set.

@Topic
You add ports on local system firewall?
You can change 127.0.0.1 to localhost i know its same but...
Maybe off Antivirus?

he verified that it is a problem of ports 7171 .. he is testing ports 7171 and they tell me closed ..
puerto1.png

port 80 if I have it open ..
80.png

but in my router I have opened all the necessary ports for the otserver .. nose because it tells me that port 7171.7172.7272 is closed
puertos.png

I have deactivator the firewall, and I have put the ports 7171,7272,7172 there also in firewall ..

he verified that it is a problem of ports 7171 .. he is testing ports 7171 and they tell me closed ..
View attachment 47777

port 80 if I have it open ..
View attachment 47779

but in my router I have opened all the necessary ports for the otserver .. nose because it tells me that port 7171.7172.7272 is closed
View attachment 47781

I have deactivator the firewall, and I have put the ports 7171,7272,7172 there also in firewall ..
try my solution. it's quick and will work for sure :)
other players may still connect to your server with normal ip of your server, you just need to connect with ipv4
also you will not open ports= more secure

Last edited:

whatever you put in your config.lua - does'nt matter, you still need to connect to your server(type in ip changer or whatever you are using to play) with IPv4 adress if you are hosting the server on your own.

I have tried with that local IP and it does not let me either ... I think it is a problem of ports, above answer a comment and upload photos ... you can guide me from there

I have tried with that local IP and it does not let me either ... I think it is a problem of ports, above answer a comment and upload photos ... you can guide me from there
I'm not talking about local ip.

See the video that I posted and copy paste your ipv4 ip into ip changer

if you got teamviewer I can do it for you if you want

try my solution. it's quick and will work for sure :)
other players may still connect to your server with normal ip of your server, you just need to connect with ipv4
also you will not open ports= more secure
cacahuete.png

With this ip you say, I won't let myself in either .. only with the ip of 127.0.0.1

Man localhost and 127.0.0.1 its a IP of this computer.
If u use IPv4 [example for me: 192.168.1.2] its VLAN IPv4 for DHCP its same 127.0.0.1 u know? XD
If u use noip.com then 127.0.0.1 its same if ur system have connection to domain.noip.com xDD

Try open ports in local firewall ...
Router FireWall and Unlock Ports on router/modem its okey if u can play with friends or other players.
(LOCALHOST = THIS COMPUTER)
(OPEN PORTS IN ROUTER/MODEM = OTHER PLAYERS CAN JOIN)
(LOCAL PORTS IN FIREWALL = LOCAL PLAY)\
Author have problem log in to server on localhost.

If u use IPv4 [example for me: 192.168.1.2] its VLAN IPv4 for DHCP its same 127.0.0.1 u know? XD
If u use noip.com then 127.0.0.1 its same if ur system have connection to domain.noip.com xDD

Router FireWall and Unlock Ports on router/modem its okey if u can play with friends or other players.
even if you open ports correctly some people may still not log in to their servers with "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". I know you want to shine but even I had the same problem in the past and that's why I said to connect via IPv4. all the adresses will connect to the same server but for some reason sometimes if you hosting ot, ipv4 will let you log in while localhost and 127.0.01 dont. idk if it ignores firewall or something, but it works.

Last edited:
I'd suggest to just use search. The issue has been answered a hundred times already.

Double check ports are correctly forwarded to your computer local IP. cmd -> ipconfig -> ipv4

Try mapping your IP in hosts file. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Disable firewalls, DMZ, UPNP or just anything that may be able to mess with your connection. If for whatever reason you have 2 routers in your network leave one on bridge mode. Some routers make take some time to apply changes, some may even need a restart.

And remember to restart your client every time you change settings as they won't apply if it was already open.

You should be able to login with your public IP in both client and config.lua.

Trying using this website and see if your ports are actually reachable.
Use your public ip adress when entering the ports upon this website.

by the way I was on a teamviewer with the guy and I will first suggest to get windows datapack when you are using windows, organise a bit more where your datapack is, use just one, not three and also remove these 1bilion errors in console(literally 1 billion).

when you got everything organised and have no errors it's much easier to work with the server

I have tried everything you have told me and it has not worked yet :/

Back