• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Error connecting to external MySQL database

Pnurt

Reaction score
Good night,

I've been all day trying to set my database in a remote server on my own compiled 0.3.r5928 rev, but this is what happens if I try to connect the server with an external database:

S8FqxAD.png

Extra information:
- I have already allowed connections from my local host to be able to connect to the remote host but nothing happens.
- I have tested with some other revs and it worked without a problem.
- It is working fine on 127.0.0.1, but it crashes that error when I change to my external host IP.

I am thinking if it could be something related to getting a 3 MB exe file after compiling, when the "original" exe is 6 MB.

Maybe someone knows why is this happening?

Thank you guys.

The user you're using for your external host is not allowed to have access remotely you need to set the username for MySQL to the IP address of your ot host or set it to any, more recommended you do your ip specifically, check the users settings on the host for the MySQL server you will see its bit allowed for your ip or only allowed for its own local machine

The user you're using for your external host is not allowed to have access remotely you need to set the username for MySQL to the IP address of your ot host or set it to any, more recommended you do your ip specifically, check the users settings on the host for the MySQL server you will see its bit allowed for your ip or only allowed for its own local machine

Thanks, but as I said, remote connections are already allowed, and I was able to connect with older OT revs, but the 0.3.r5928 is throwing me that error, so I don't know where the problem is :(

I would suggest going over everything again, make sure the MySQL host is allowing your ot hosts ip, make sure your firewall did not disallow access to port 3306 remotely, make sure that the user you're using has privellage to be access from your ot host,

Because if its working for local host and 127.0.0.1 then the executable is working as it should because the way it works is by communicating with the IP address set, your pc is what controls what 127.0.0.1 and local host mean, not the server itself.

Last edited:
Okay, the problem is solved, it was all around a stupid typo.. lol :D

The database name was wrong, but I couldn't notice that until now haha

Thanks for your answers anyway :)

Back