• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Eterna RPG Medieval

leonardo ramos

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is leonardo and I come to present to you my low rate server project, focused on RPG of the medieval fantasy genre.

First, what is Eterna?

Is a low rate medieval RPG server project with forms of differentiated interaction.

The player will have the possibility to assemble his personalized character, approaching the traditional table RPG.

For this, we will use a kind of character card, where the player can assign his points in the way that he thinks most convenient, and this will directly influence his interactions with the game in general, not only in the damage done to creatures and / or others players.

- Character Features

[Attributes]

The characters will have primary attributes such as strength, agility, intelligence, dexterity, etc. These points will be gained in the creation of the character and in raising specific levels.

These primary attributes will determine the character's unique characteristics such as the type of spells and abilities he will be able to use as well as some interactions with the map.

ex: a character with 10 strength can push / break some stones that a character focused on intelligence could not push / break. This will directly influence some quests / tasks.

In addition, the player will receive secondary attributes according to their distribution of primary attributes.

eg by choosing to add a point in the strength attribute, the player gains 1 secondary attribute of strength, which can be used to enhance his strength-related characteristics such as ability to carry weight or physical damage caused in his attacks, or lethality ( armor penetration), among other possibilities.

[Character evolution line]

Different from what we are accustomed to, the difficulty of gaining levels should be considerably higher than the current servers, including the current global.

However, one of the main purposes of the server is to give the player more options to enjoy the game, in addition to the conventional hunts and wars.

For this, I intend to add enormous importance of the players to the forge, mining, refinement, among other ways to obtain items and raw materials. So that players have varied ways of enjoying their game, without remaining stuck to the conventional. In this way, the existence of players dedicated to this type of production has a direct impact on the market

and in the development of characters of players who devote more to power leveling and / or wars.

In addition there will be quests and tasks that will help players who enjoy the RPG so that their hours spent discovering and deciphering the mysteries of our game are not inferior to the experience and gold obtained by hunting. Seeking to reward players for their discoveries.

A practical way of explaining how players can evolve their character by exploiting the server is explorer's quest. Where in some of his missions, the player will receive notebooks where he should record everything he explores. Be it creatures, npcs, flora or ores, basically everything in the game should be registrable and players should be rewarded for their discoveries.

[Professions]

I intend to implement npcs personalities who do not deal directly with the players by adding RPG content to the game.

In addition, players will also be able to develop skills ranging from more conventional like fishing and mining to some more complex as dealer or tamer / trainer.

[Mounts and Addons]

In the future, it is in the server's interest to add bonuses to mounts and addons, which are characteristic of the adornment used.

ex: mage outfit complete: +2 ml + 1% magic penetration

[Player Summons]

Besides pets, achieved through the ability of tamer / trainer, the possibility of creating a companion for the characters is being studied. would function as a squire or something similar and it would be possible to strengthen his mate with equipment, in addition to the natural levelling of the character.

[Equips]

As is to be expected, the equipment will all be reformulated. Some added, others removed. In the end, we will have a greater range of options and more ways to get all this diversity of equipment.

[Spells]

In addition to alternative ways to learn some spells, such as spell scrolls and quests, a small scheme will be devised so that the spells are set according to the character's card, preventing STR-focused characters from using very powerful spells of arcane source, for example.

To add a little RPG to the system, there will be a chance of learning failure (similar to magic classes). Where the character's INT level will directly influence your chances of succeeding in learning it.

-- Global Features

[Bosses]

The bosses should be distributed in groups, where their classification will indicate the type of reward obtained in them.

The groups will basically be: sporadic invasions, gang invasions, rare invasions (like Ferumbra's, for example), bosses of quests and rituals, dungeon bosses and some bosses of fixed respawn, that should be hunted in group (as Hellgorak in the global) .

[Dungeons]

Will be divided into 3 groups:

Dailys: can be accessed daily, provided that within the parameters required by the dungeon.

Explorer's: can be accessed with the aid of maps found in caves or creatures.

Fixed: Access will be unlimited. Provided that the player meets the requirements of the particular dungeon he wishes to access. For free-to-access dungeons, an access fee must be created. Which may be charged in cash or specific items for each dungeon.

[Daily tasks / missions]

For players who like to hunt in various places to avoid the inevitable sameness of caves better than others, there will be a system of daily missions and tasks, which will indicate to local players varied and random. Forcing them to explore the map further and learn about new locations.

[Global events]

For the weekly events that encompass the server as a whole, I separated some that I think would promote the engagement of most players, from the alternative to the conventional mode and from their rewards.

At the beginning, I intend to implement only 3 global events, which will be

* Team Battle;
* Defend the World;
* Conquer the Fortress.

Although I do not go into the matter at the moment, I think most players already know the events of other servers. Terhaps not exactly how I intend to do it, but in essence it does not differ much from the usual.

[Runes]

Unlike the global, the runes will be used to enchant / strengthen weapons and equipment, as well as the possibility of using it as equipment, gaining an aura that indicates the type of rune that the player is enchanted.

[Campaign mode]

An alternative mode of play is being studied in the open world of the Eterna. The consecrated campaign mode that should show in abbreviated way the main events of the server's history. From the creation of the world to the present day.

In this mode, the player will be able to reach the levels necessary to advance his journey, but his leveling will be limited by his phase advances (like video game stages).

More information will be passed should I decide to deploy this mode for good.

[Npcs - RPG]

In addition to basic interactions like buying and selling items, the server's npcs should have their personalities formed. Like humor, ethnicity, race, hobbie etc. and this will directly influence interactions with players.

To make them even more interesting, your transcriptions will tell you a lot about the past. You will be able to find out about stories of your ancestors and their adventures, about distant villages and local legends, among other things.

[Map]

--The most complex part of the project, without a doubt xd--

The map should initially consist of a huge city, able to easily house players up to half of its career, and about 8 secondary cities, plus some villages scattered throughout the vast world of Eterna.

The ready content of the map corresponds to about 15 to 20% of what I think is necessary for an Alpha or Beta release and only half of that in relation to my plans for future updates.

- people will probably say that my plans for the map are too big and that this will discourage me, but I heard just that when I presented my plans for my megalopolis and contrary to what everyone thought, this served to encourage me to continue with the mapping project . XD

The image below contains the current map project, where the colored parts must be separated into two steps.

1st alpha and beta: players must have access to all the content to the west of the big city. The eastern part should be added later, after the official launch of the beta test. Until then, players should have access only to the desert located northeast of the megalopole, but their passages both to the south, both to the north of the mountain will be released later.

The other black sectors of the map should be implemented in future updates. But even though they are far from being touched, I already have some ideas for them.

To follow the progress in mapping, follows the link of the showoff mapping thread.
Eterna mapping
aIBbMPG.png

[Races]

As you might expect in a game with RPG a little prone, the relationship between some races may be a little more troubled than we would like it to be. So do not be surprised if you see a warrior fighting an orc in a swamp, or if a npc orc refuses to talk to you because of your race.

[Books]

Beyond the standard, books can be used for learning.

Players will now be able to learn spells, cultivation techniques or forge just by reading books from experts on the subject. There will be levels of difficulty to understand the content, to avoid the rush of messy skills (eg a peasant with low cultivation and harvesting skills will never be able to learn very advanced techniques to prevent him from achieving the lowest levels of cultivation very fast)

[Hunts / leveling]

An important point on the server is to rescue the reputation of superiority among the players of the most advanced level. A level 15 should never be humiliated by a level 10 character, fighting under equivalent conditions.

This remarkable force difference should be reflected directly in the creatures they are able to cope with. - goodbye to the level 10 hunting cyclopses or level 15 hunting dragons as if they were wasps.

[Creatures]

As a direct consequence of the previous topic, the strength of the monsters should be completely altered. Spells must be removed, modified and / or added to the creatures.

Some common creatures should be remarkably strengthened - like dragons - while others should be brought back to a lower than normal force average, such as glooth bandits.

New creatures must be added to the game, all drops must be redone and all experiences recalculated to balance the game.

This should be as difficult a task as creating the map. :/

[Quests / tasks / missions]

Besides some imported from the global and molded to the server, there are more than 50 new quests being developed or already in the process of finishing. The player must have as much content as he is able to exploit, this is a priority on the server.

[Premmium features]

The benefits of a vip / premium account are still under study. But I am sure that I will be able to find a cost / benefit balance for both the players and the server so that the game does not become a P2W.

At the moment, I'm alone working on the project. Despite receiving some pieces from some members of forums. Therefore, I am open to receiving well-intentioned help.

If there is interest, I have vacancies for the following functions:

programmer lua, c ++ and OTC; mapper, webdesigner and spriter.

Later I must use the space to expose advances in the project and raise discussions about some aspects of gameplay. As well as giving more details about some features of the game.

Back