• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua everything works perfectly, except...

reisbro

Solutions
Reaction score
EDIT: Solved -
The solution was simply adding a condition that checks if the player storage value is equal to 1 or 5 (because those do not have outfits in the transformation) and setting the outfit parameters inside those conditions. If you don't do this, the value for un_table.look will glitch since storage values 1 and 5 have 'nil' on their looktype value. This caused the glitch I think. Anways, add the condition and then simply use a getCreatureOutfit and set the outfit param to the same outfit the creature was wearing.

I created this script by myself and everything works properly according to the storage value of the player. Except the outfit part. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The first time the player uses the spell the outfit changes and reverts normally, but after that it turns out it becomes random!
P.S - I am currently using the /storage command to change the storage values, and I was wondering if this command doesn't "change" a storage value, but adds an additional one? Probably not lol

So to sum it up, player uses spell and transforms to something based on a storage value. All stats he receives are based on this storage, and he receives everything perfectly except for the outfit part which seems to be random.

Anyways, the script is posted down here, so please help me!

Fixed script
Lua:
-- general configurations of the transformation
local config = {
duration = 10 * 1000,
ex_id = 9919,
ex_cd = 10,
bloodtype_id = 9920,
}

-- creating combat and condition objects
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, 0)
local regen = createConditionObject(CONDITION_REGENERATION)
local haste = createConditionObject(CONDITION_HASTE)
local condition = createConditionObject(CONDITION_ATTRIBUTES)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    if getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) > 0 then
        if exhaustion.get(cid, config.ex_id) then
            local remaining = exhaustion.get(cid, config.ex_id)
            doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'You have to wait ' .. remaining .. ' more seconds to unleash your power again.')
            return true
        else exhaustion.set(cid, config.ex_id, config.ex_cd)
        end

for i = 1, #un_table do
            if getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) == un_table[i].stg_value then
                doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, un_table[i].msg)
                addEvent(function()
                    doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "You returned to your base form.")
                    doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), CONST_ME_DRAWBLOOD)
                    doCreatureSetStorage(cid, 9921, -1)
                    end, config.duration)

--Attributes of the transformation
                doCreatureSetStorage(cid, 9921, 1) -- storage used to check if the player is transformed

setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAGICLEVEL, un_table[i].ml)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_SWORD, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_AXE, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_CLUB, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_DISTANCE, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_SHIELD, un_table[i].shield)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAXHEALTHPERCENT, un_table[i].hpmax)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAXMANAPERCENT, un_table[i].mpmax)
                setCombatCondition(combat, condition)

setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_SPEED, un_table[i].speed)
                setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_BUFF, TRUE)
                setCombatCondition(combat, haste)

setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_SUBID, 1)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_BUFF, TRUE)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_HEALTHGAIN, un_table[i].hpregen)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_HEALTHTICKS, 1000)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_MANAGAIN, un_table[i].mpregen)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_MANATICKS, 1000)
                setCombatCondition(combat, regen)

if (getPlayerSex(cid) == 0 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 5) then
                    local outfit = createConditionObject(CONDITION_OUTFIT)
                    setConditionParam(outfit, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                    addOutfitCondition(outfit, {lookType = un_table[i].lookf})
                    setCombatCondition(combat, outfit)
                elseif (getPlayerSex(cid) == 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 5) then
                    addOutfitCondition(outfit, {lookType = un_table[i].lookm})
                end

if (getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) == 1 or getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) == 5) then
                    addOutfitCondition(outfit, getCreatureOutfit(cid))
                end

return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
            end
        end

else doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You don't have a bloodtype yet.")
    end
    return true
end
return true

Old script
Lua:
-- general configurations of the transformation
local config = {
duration = 10 * 1000,
ex_id = 9919,
ex_cd = 10,
bloodtype_id = 9920,
}

-- creating combat and condition objects
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, 0)
local regen = createConditionObject(CONDITION_REGENERATION)
local haste = createConditionObject(CONDITION_HASTE)
local condition = createConditionObject(CONDITION_ATTRIBUTES)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    if getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) > 0 then
        if exhaustion.get(cid, config.ex_id) then
            local remaining = exhaustion.get(cid, config.ex_id)
            doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'You have to wait ' .. remaining .. ' more seconds to unleash your power again.')
            return true
        else exhaustion.set(cid, config.ex_id, config.ex_cd)
        end

for i = 1, #un_table do
            if getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) == un_table[i].stg_value then
                doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, un_table[i].msg)
                addEvent(function()
                    doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "You returned to your base form.")
                    doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), CONST_ME_DRAWBLOOD)
                    doCreatureSetStorage(cid, 9921, -1)
                    end, config.duration)

--Attributes of the transformation
                doCreatureSetStorage(cid, 9921, 1) -- storage used to check if the player is transformed

setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAGICLEVEL, un_table[i].ml)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_SWORD, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_AXE, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_CLUB, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_DISTANCE, un_table[i].skills)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_SKILL_SHIELD, un_table[i].shield)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAXHEALTHPERCENT, un_table[i].hpmax)
                setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_STAT_MAXMANAPERCENT, un_table[i].mpmax)
                setCombatCondition(combat, condition)

setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_SPEED, un_table[i].speed)
                setConditionParam(haste, CONDITION_PARAM_BUFF, TRUE)
                setCombatCondition(combat, haste)

setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, config.duration)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_SUBID, 1)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_BUFF, TRUE)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_HEALTHGAIN, un_table[i].hpregen)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_HEALTHTICKS, 1000)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_MANAGAIN, un_table[i].mpregen)
                setConditionParam(regen, CONDITION_PARAM_MANATICKS, 1000)
                setCombatCondition(combat, regen)

if (getPlayerSex(cid) == 0 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 5) then
                    addOutfitCondition(outfit, {lookType = un_table[i].lookf})
                elseif (getPlayerSex(cid) == 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 1 and getCreatureStorage(cid, config.bloodtype_id) ~= 5) then
                    addOutfitCondition(outfit, {lookType = un_table[i].lookm})
                end

return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
            end
        end

else doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You don't have a bloodtype yet.")
    end
    return true
end
return true

Last edited:
Solution
Please read the rules; Rules for the Support board
As Codex said, there is a rule for not "showing" what fixed the problem, aswell as editing everything and writing "solved - delete thread"
Sure! I edited the post. If you need me to change anything else let me know, thanks

The solution was simply adding a condition that checks if the player storage value is equal to 1 or 5 (because those do not have outfits in the transformation) and setting the outfit parameters inside those conditions. If you don't do this, the value for un_table.look will glitch since storage values 1 and 5 have 'nil' on their looktype value. This caused the glitch I think. Anways, add the condition and then simply use a getCreatureOutfit and set the...
I see this a lot lately people defining conditions inside of an interface, this is a poor programming practice to develop. Conditions should be defined outside of the interface and then referenced when used by x method/interface.

un_table is not included in this script, i would imagine it is a predefined global table or sorts, when you constructs scripts in this manner you are redefining the conditions on every cast which can lead to unwarranted behavior.

I see this a lot lately people defining conditions inside of an interface, this is a poor programming practice to develop. Conditions should be defined outside of the interface and then referenced when used by x method/interface.

un_table is not included in this script, i would imagine it is a predefined global table or sorts, when you constructs scripts in this manner you are redefining the conditions on every cast which can lead to unwarranted behavior.

But every other value inside the table is working fine. Any idea to solve this issue?

Please read the rules; Rules for the Support board
As Codex said, there is a rule for not "showing" what fixed the problem, aswell as editing everything and writing "solved - delete thread"
Sure! I edited the post. If you need me to change anything else let me know, thanks

The solution was simply adding a condition that checks if the player storage value is equal to 1 or 5 (because those do not have outfits in the transformation) and setting the outfit parameters inside those conditions. If you don't do this, the value for un_table.look will glitch since storage values 1 and 5 have 'nil' on their looktype value. This caused the glitch I think. Anways, add the condition and then simply use a getCreatureOutfit and set the outfit param to the same outfit the creature was wearing.

Solution
Back