• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Evo/ Sao ots

There seems to be a lot of randomness to the nature. It seems you used every tree available, but I think it would look better if you stuck to more of 1 type or the other. Try sticking to all green trees as it seems to just look better.

Also, for the sand that meets the water, use the correct water/sand border. The paths dont really seem to fit with the bridges, meaning that nothing lines up. You might also look into "drawbridge" tiles instead of wooden floor for the bridges. By looking at the map overview, the nature pic you showed, is no where near a town or anything, so you might even try out dirt pathways instead of all stone, or even a mixture of dirt/stone pathways.

Also, its hard to tell from the pics, but make sure to add details in your nature. Things such as grass tufts, small stones, stones, flowers, mushrooms, etc.

Have a look around the mapping showoff threads, and let them help you to improve your mapping. Not a terrible start though

The details look better, but that shape is weird. It looks unnatural. Also, some of the plants you used, do not fit right. Jungle and swamp plants on grass and sand look weird. I would also, still, recommend using the sand/water borders where the sand meets water. (id 4633, etc.) and use id 4657, etc to make the dirt/sand border transition.

The details look better, but that shape is weird. It looks unnatural. Also, some of the plants you used, do not fit right. Jungle and swamp plants on grass and sand look weird. I would also, still, recommend using the sand/water borders where the sand meets water. (id 4633, etc.) and use id 4657, etc to make the dirt/sand border transition.

Especially for you ;) i changed borders of sand/water, you had right it looks better but need a lot of work.Screenshot 2018-04-15 11-03-17.jpg

Back