• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Exp/item/bp~ loss in vocations.xml not working?

Flipparn

I like horses
Reaction score
I just changed to TFS and I can't find anywhere to change experience/mag.lvl/skills/backpack/equipment loss when dying.. Is there a different file for that?

I've tried changing in the database, but it says it's not used by the server.. I've also tried using this line in vocations.xml:
Code:
<diepercent experience="4" magic="4" skill="4" equipment="7" container="100"/>

EDIT: Found the deathLosePercent thing in config, is that applied to skills/mlvl/exp only?

Last edited:
The line you wrote up there is not used by the server the only way to lower the deathPenalty is in config - which you have found.

It does apply to skills/exp/mlvl and perhaps to equipment not counting backpack in.

Well that's too bad.. I really need to set the chance of a dropping backpack (and equipment) to 0.

Look in sources, probably player.cpp - honestly, no idea.

Level, magic level and skill are configurable on config.lua (deathlosepercent).

You can configure the items loss on player.cpp on line 726.

Code:
if(((item->getContainer()) || random_range(1, 100) <= [B]10[/B] || getSkull() == SKULL_RED))

The "10" means 10% of chance of loss for each item, but it is only for equips, not backpack.

Level, magic level and skill are configurable on config.lua (deathlosepercent).

You can configure the items loss on player.cpp on line 726.

Code:
if(((item->getContainer()) || random_range(1, 100) <= [B]10[/B] || getSkull() == SKULL_RED))

The "10" means 10% of chance of loss for each item, but it is only for equips, not backpack.

Great, thanks!

Any ideas on the backpack?

I made a temporary change, if players have a life crystal in their ammo slot they won't lose their backpack. My server has special neckaces that is worth wearing instead of AoL, so I thought the ammo slot would be better.

Still need to change so that the backpack has 0% change of dropping, since paladins will have to use their ammo slot for ammo..

Last edited:
Back