• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Expansion of Red's polls + Game

raybow

Less QQ more Pew Pew
Reaction score
Expansion of the polls.

Before you start reading, this is like, a lot of typing, and there will be a lot of spelling mistakes most likely, and I'm not perfect so bear with me. I hope for a lot of feedback and I wish you happy gaming on Cyntara.

So previously people were able to vote on, what they thought the downside of war was, and why people logged off Cyntara. And I can honestly say, that Red has been working all out on figuring out things to resolve these issues. However, here’s what I've noticed:

Top three issues with biggest downside of war:
-Uneven teams: This personally I don't think is a server issue, To fix this ally guilds or something and fight against other.

-EXP gain too low or not at all: Well, if your referring to losing a lot of experience when you die, the blessings now is a quick fix solution. If you're thinking experience is to low, I believe that there should be a Task quest that constantly gives out tasks that you’re able to keep doing, for experience or money. For example: kill 300 nightmares to get xxxxxxxx exp.

-Lack of money for supplies: Well I believe that there should be an NPC, that is able to trade back useless donation items that people don’t use anymore for equivalent points in ingots. For example, You have a useless double overtime rune and recently just got your triple, your able to trade in your double for 2 and a half ingots. (5 points)

Top issues on the "why log off Cyntara" or what would keep you more entertained:

-More wars: I Believe that this was a main issue for the MLG's <cough> hahah, but in reality, the real issue was "more areas to fight during the wars". But the issue to this is, most people get jumped or sneaked anyways, so the two real places to fight is nightmares and legendary warriors anyways. So this is a bit iffy, I believe that, the VIP spawns, and the free spawns, should be interconnected, so your able to run from spawn to spawn, but have them relatively far from each other. For example, the free spawns would be in spawns outside venore, thais , carlin, kaz, ab etc. And the vip spawns can be outside ank, edron, dara, port dope etc. And have the PZ relatively far from the spawns itself. So it’s not pz hopping for a spawn always. This gives a little more sense of danger knowing that, the PZ isn't the only direction that your worried about because you can get sneaked from all the other directions. All these spawns should be in an RL map type map, but also have their custom maps on top of it making it unique. I believe if this was changed for everything and implement the RL map locations and the custom map's maps and designs. Cyntara would be way more interesting and diverse to play in. And everyone would be able to battle everywhere, not just legendary warriors and nightmares. Everyone would get what they want.

-More hunting spots: There are many hunting spawns right now, but only 2 spots for people to really hunt as donors. Giant panda nightmares it seems and legendary warriors. First off, I believe that Giant Panda Island is a great private spawn for the people who donated, but i don't believe it should be pvp off. I also believe that the spawns that currently aren't being used, should be replaced with the spawns that are above the DP. This is easier access for the new people, and the spawns above the DP should be something new or of harder difficulty with better experience.

-More players online: Generating constant events, and raids and stuff that makes players excited to see, would be a great way to generate a lot of players. Not just the hard raids, but some easy raids for the non-donors also. Knowing that the staff members are constantly making the server to have fun and having the GMs help the players achieve almost impossible quests would be funny to watch. <cough> I totally never did that yet <cough>.
I try to do events :p But I can only do so much with what I have in my disposal. The thing is, the events are so underplayed, that it should be the main reason why people log on and look forward to something. For example, in the business world if you watched a good movie, and told a friend about it, and they watched the movie knowing it was good, the movie makers made a little more money, without having to advertise it. Means if the players on the server are having fun and loving the staff and whatnot, and we make some events and people referring more people , the server would be 200+ in no time. Every game does this, Referring players and friends and whatnot, why? Because it’s the best form of advertisement. You can spam the forums all you want for people to play, but that would only attract the forum trolls; you want to throw out a good word, a word of mouth. More events on attracting people to Cyntara will be revealed later, but this is my general speech of it.

To conclude: I typed this in like 12 mins LOL. Sorry if I made you guys read through a lot, There’s also something I want to address for non donor knights, because they kinda suck, but I’ll add that on another thread or something. I see great things for cyntara in the future, and I love the people who play it <cough>

Feedback would be awesome,
-Ray

Last edited:
Everything in this post I fully agree on, Good work Ray. Hopefully Red will take this into heavy consideration. I especially believe the better spawns should be moved farther away from PZ so there is more of a risk for you to hunt the better stuff. Creates better battles and overall better wars.

Back